America is not for Black People

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America is not for Black People

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
    "these people" mean scumbags that live off welfare and prefer to live a life of crime rather than attempt to make an honest day's wage. She, far as I can tell, is Canadian and lily white, for that matter. She's just as bad as he is, so no bias there. Only difference is he's an immigrant and if he commits a crime he should get the BOOT out of Canada. However, our soft headed approach to crime means he gets to stay here. Oh goodie.
    suppose he came to canada as a small child and was socialized in the canadian system ..why are are we sending our problem back to Jamaica?

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
      so would you get more votes if you paid more taxes?
      I NEVER said anything remotely like that, and would appreciate it if you would quote me accurately.

What I said is that for people to vote, they have to contribute something. I expanded on this earlier, so I'm not going to repeat myself, but I'm not going to let anyone put words in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
        suppose he came to canada as a small child and was socialized in the canadian system ..why are are we sending our problem back to Jamaica?
        He didn't. He was a recent migrant. In your example, he would likely have become a citizen and our problem. If not, frankly, give him the boot. He's been "our problem" for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOldCaddy View Post
          So, you want people with brain damage voting?
          Your response is quite revealing. I did not say what parts of this gentlemen's brain (yes, he is very real) were dammaged. His intelectual capacity is just fine. His speach and motor skills areas are not so intact. So, yes, I think he should have the right to vote.

Deciding who should and should not vote is a nasty cliff. For better or worse we all get to vote and that is a very good thing in my mind.
          In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
          and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

In Ferguson, MO....

The authority released a video of the dead teen allegedly robbing a convenience store at the same time they released the name of the cop who killed the teen.

The police chief changed his story several times with respect to whether the police who fired the gun knew about the robbery.

The latest development is going to sway some opinions, I am sure.

Comment

Richd . . . don't waste your time...
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                "these people" mean scumbags that live off welfare and prefer to live a life of crime rather than attempt to make an honest day's wage. She, far as I can tell, is Canadian and lily white, for that matter. She's just as bad as he is, so no bias there. Only difference is he's an immigrant and if he commits a crime he should get the BOOT out of Canada. However, our soft headed approach to crime means he gets to stay here. Oh goodie.
                OK I am ready to get flamed here

The amount of money spent on welfare is much less than the amount of corporate grants, subsidies, unpaid loans etc made by the government, ooops I mean us poor working stiff taxpayers to corporations. US Steel received millions in return for guaranteeing jobs in Hamilton that they reneged on. There are many more examples. Check out the loopholes used by the Irvings to remove a fortune from Canada to a tax haven. Paul Martin's Canada Steamships fly a flag of convenience so they don't have to abide by Canadian laws or pay Canadian taxes. Even worse are carpetbaggers like Peggy Witte who left behind 9 dead 'replacement workers' and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of toxic waste after running her Royal Oak Mine into bankruptcy. Fine upstanding Peggy was the Canadian Businesswoman of the Year and was awarded multiple business awards.

The crime rate is actually diminishing. Don't let American fear mongering colour you view. Yes, violent criminals should be incarcerated and probably for much longer than they currently are. However you rob a gas station of $150 and you do time, you rob a bunch of pensioners of their life savings through a Ponzi scheme, etc and too bad for them.

The welfare system is terribly flawed because there are too many working poor. If you work for minimum wage or close too it, you are not eligible for government benefits that welfare recipients receive. Plus you have to pay for day care and transportation to and from work and work clothes. Therefore it is actually better to stay at home. The system needs to be changed to provide more for the working poor. More subsidized day care. Better public transit. Public and dental care programs. The best way is to dramatically increase the exempt amount of earnings on the TD-1. Other suggestions are to allow welfare recipients to earn some additional income and/or not require them to have zero assets before they qualify.

Yes, career criminals who are not Canadian citizens should be deported. But what of someone who was not born in Canada, has not become a citizen but was raised and has all their family here? Whose problem are they? Can they ever become a decent citizen?

Very few people would actually chose to live a life of relative poverty rather than work. Those that do, generally have some type of physical or mental illness. It seems that too often we blame the victims rather than look for the root cause. Ensure that those on welfare do actually attend school, get career training, etc and require them if they don't work to perform community volunteer activities (nothing for nothing) once their family care issues are taken care of.

As for our debt load, during WWII we had a much greater debt load and the 2 decades after it were the most prosperous in our history. The best way to decrease a public debt load is to increase economic activity that generates tax revenue (such as the HST). Let's build some new highway, bridges, dams and other infrastructure. Things that will benefit society for decades and that will create more jobs.

I do agree that there should be some form of compulsory national service. Let's say 18 months sometime between the ages of 18 and 21. 6 months in school, learning some sort of trade/skill and attending classes. Mandatory national testing on basic arithmetic, language (English, French or an Aboriginal language), Canadian history and geography and what used to be called 'civics'. Then 12 months performing volunteer duties, sandbagging flooded areas, tree planing, assisting in nursing homes or day cares, helping in classrooms, coaching kids sports, building homes for Habitat for Humanities, etc. Others can work driving them, teaching them, feeding them, etc. When you're done you get a stipend. Then employers know that you have some usable skills and knowledge and have learned something of a work ethic.
                Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Aug 15, 2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

This is a golf forum.

Why don't you take this crap somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CairnsRock View Post
                    This is a golf forum.

Was that directed to one poster in particular or to this entire thread?

Comment

• Re: America is not for Black People

I'm thankful that some of the thinking expressed in this thread was not determinative of the content of our constitution and our laws.
                      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

The amount of money spent on welfare is much less than the amount of corporate grants, subsidies, unpaid loans etc made by the government, ooops I mean us poor working stiff taxpayers to corporations. US Steel received millions in return for guaranteeing jobs in Hamilton that they reneged on. There are many more examples. Check out the loopholes used by the Irvings to remove a fortune from Canada to a tax haven. Paul Martin's Canada Steamships fly a flag of convenience so they don't have to abide by Canadian laws or pay Canadian taxes. Even worse are carpetbaggers like Peggy Witte who left behind 9 dead 'replacement workers' and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of toxic waste after running her Royal Oak Mine into bankruptcy. Fine upstanding Peggy was the Canadian Businesswoman of the Year and was awarded multiple business awards.

The crime rate is actually diminishing. Don't let American fear mongering colour you view. Yes, violent criminals should be incarcerated and probably for much longer than they currently are. However you rob a gas station of $150 and you do time, you rob a bunch of pensioners of their life savings through a Ponzi scheme, etc and too bad for them.

The welfare system is terribly flawed because there are too many working poor. If you work for minimum wage or close too it, you are not eligible for government benefits that welfare recipients receive. Plus you have to pay for day care and transportation to and from work and work clothes. Therefore it is actually better to stay at home. The system needs to be changed to provide more for the working poor. More subsidized day care. Better public transit. Public and dental care programs. The best way is to dramatically increase the exempt amount of earnings on the TD-1. Other suggestions are to allow welfare recipients to earn some additional income and/or not require them to have zero assets before they qualify.

Yes, career criminals who are not Canadian citizens should be deported. But what of someone who was not born in Canada, has not become a citizen but was raised and has all their family here? Whose problem are they? Can they ever become a decent citizen?

Very few people would actually chose to live a life of relative poverty rather than work. Those that do, generally have some type of physical or mental illness. It seems that too often we blame the victims rather than look for the root cause. Ensure that those on welfare do actually attend school, get career training, etc and require them if they don't work to perform community volunteer activities (nothing for nothing) once their family care issues are taken care of.

As for our debt load, during WWII we had a much greater debt load and the 2 decades after it were the most prosperous in our history. The best way to decrease a public debt load is to increase economic activity that generates tax revenue (such as the HST). Let's build some new highway, bridges, dams and other infrastructure. Things that will benefit society for decades and that will create more jobs.

I do agree that there should be some form of compulsory national service. Let's say 18 months sometime between the ages of 18 and 21. 6 months in school, learning some sort of trade/skill and attending classes. Mandatory national testing on basic arithmetic, language (English, French or an Aboriginal language), Canadian history and geography and what used to be called 'civics'. Then 12 months performing volunteer duties, sandbagging flooded areas, tree planing, assisting in nursing homes or day cares, helping in classrooms, coaching kids sports, building homes for Habitat for Humanities, etc. Others can work driving them, teaching them, feeding them, etc. When you're done you get a stipend. Then employers know that you have some usable skills and knowledge and have learned something of a work ethic.
                        Thank you Arthur. If you run for Prime Minister, you have my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by CairnsRock View Post
                          This is a golf forum.

No it's not. General golf discussion takes place at the 19th Hole. Here we discuss non golf topics. The Local Pub is a great place to hang out because there are a lot a smart people who have different opinions than your own. And, every once in a while somebody posts a new picture of Kate Upton.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            I'm thankful that some of the thinking expressed in this thread was not determinative of the content of our constitution and our laws.
                            I'm laughing because your comment is very accurate. Either I laugh or cry I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                              In Ferguson, MO....

The authority released a video of the dead teen allegedly robbing a convenience store at the same time they released the name of the cop who killed the teen.

The police chief changed his story several times with respect to whether the police who fired the gun knew about the robbery.

The latest development is going to sway some opinions, I am sure.

Brown had a friend with him. where is that friend?
                              The crowd destroys a store where Brown "allegedly" stole cigars and roughed the owner.
                              Did they plant the cigars on Browns body? Why would they? At the time of the shooting the officer was unaware of the robbery.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

No flames here - agree with all of this!
                                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X