No announcement yet.
Collapse

America is not for Black People

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For black people (apparently), smoking can be very hazardous to the health....

Jessica Barber said that when she saw video of her 18-year-old son, Taizier Griffin, being tased by Ocean City, Maryland, police officers, her heart dropped.

The utter lack of any sense of proportion on the part of these pigs is beyond belief.

This is what they do to address violations of an outdoor smoking by-law?

Most of these pigs would piss themselves if they ever had to deal with real criminals.

Comment

• WTF. Common sense is not common at all, I guess.

Originally posted by Benz View Post
      For black people (apparently), smoking can be very hazardous to the health....

Jessica Barber said that when she saw video of her 18-year-old son, Taizier Griffin, being tased by Ocean City, Maryland, police officers, her heart dropped.

The utter lack of any sense of proportion on the part of these pigs is beyond belief.

This is what they do to address violations of an outdoor smoking by-law?

Most of these pigs would piss themselves if they ever had to deal with real criminals.
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Derek Chauvin gets 22.5 years.
        TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post
          Derek Chauvin gets 22.5 years.
          I would have been ok with 30 but this is far from over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrus View Post

I would have been ok with 30 but this is far from over.
            I have no idea what other sentences have been when aggregating factors were in play. I was guessing ~20 years, but it was truly just a guess.

I think there is a true deterrent with 22.5.

There are still 2 federal cases to come.

...plus appeals.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post

I have no idea what other sentences have been when aggregating factors were in play. I was guessing ~20 years, but it was truly just a guess.

I think there is a true deterrent with 22.5.

There are still 2 federal cases to come.

...plus appeals.
              I would hope that this is enough to make a lot more cops think about abusing their power.

Comment

• Reviving the old "I was drunk and that's not who I really am" defense for aggravated racism (on video).

Protesters gathered outside the home of Edward Cagney Mathews in New Jersey after a video of him shouting racial slurs and other offensive language at his neighbors went viral. Police arrested Mathews and he faces several criminal charges, according to the Mount Laurel Police Department.

Comment

• And here I thought that dear darling demonstrated clearly and proudly who he was.

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                  Reviving the old "I was drunk and that's not who I really am" defense for aggravated racism (on video).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/0...jk-eg-orig.cnn
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• As disturbing as this video is, IMO the suspect in this case greatly contributed to how this situation unfolded.

If the suspect had obeyed the legal commands given to him rather than arguing, then the situation would not have escalated.

While the cops are not without some blame here, the suspect himself initiated the escalation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post
                      As disturbing as this video is, IMO the suspect in this case greatly contributed to how this situation unfolded.

If the suspect had obeyed the legal commands given to him rather than arguing, then the situation would not have escalated.

While the cops are not without some blame here, the suspect himself initiated the escalation.
                      "Greatly contributed"? For the most part he's trying to do as directed with a gun pointed directly to his head, and he's saying "okay" as much as anything.

"Not without some blame". They are both under arrest, so somebody thinks they've got more than just "some" blame.

While there's no context to what precipitated this, the guy was just sitting on the lawn when the cops began their arrest. The level of violence on their part was completely unnecessary, and unmatched by the guy they were arresting.

Cops gotta smarten up, this is not a good look for them.
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

As disturbing as this video is, IMO the suspect in this case greatly contributed to how this situation unfolded.

The guy is just sitting there on the ground. Why were the cops so intent on searching him? What was the justification? At what point (video may be edited so this is speculation) was he informed why they wanted to detain him? If a cop walked up to me with a drawn gun aimed at my head I’d be scared as heck too.

To me this just comes off as a “getting harrassed for being black” thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

"Greatly contributed"? For the most part he's trying to do as directed with a gun pointed directly to his head, and he's saying "okay" as much as anything.

"Not without some blame". They are both under arrest, so somebody thinks they've got more than just "some" blame.

While there's no context to what precipitated this, the guy was just sitting on the lawn when the cops began their arrest. The level of violence on their part was completely unnecessary, and unmatched by the guy they were arresting.

Cops gotta smarten up, this is not a good look for them.
                          I disagree that he was 'trying to do as directed'. When given a lawful order to lie face down, all he wanted to do was ask why? He can say "Okay" all he wants, but he was still not following the instructions, and that's what caused the situation to escalate.

If this young man had simply followed instructions I suspect that things would have gone differently. He can ask all the questions he wants later on, but cops with guns drawn are never going to be in a mood to answer questions, right or wrong.

More people should learn to STFU during a detention/arrest, and then sort out the legal issues after the fact.

Has anyone who tried to talk their way out of an encounter with cops ever come out ahead?

Comment

I disagree that he was 'trying to do as directed'. When given a lawful order to lie face down, all he wanted to do was ask why? He can say "Okay" all he wants, but he was still not following the instructions, and that's what caused the situation to escalate.

If this young man had simply followed instructions I suspect that things would have gone differently. He can ask all the questions he wants later on, but cops with guns drawn are never going to be in a mood to answer questions, right or wrong.

More people should learn to STFU during a detention/arrest, and then sort out the legal issues after the fact.

Has anyone who tried to talk their way out of an encounter with cops ever come out ahead?
                            “You are being arrested for _________. You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, etc.”

I didn’t see a lawful approach for a white cop with gun drawn to forcibly (gun to the head) detain a black guy who is likely very afraid of what the cops will do to him even if he cooperates. American policing has gotten out of hand in this way. I’m worried that ours will go in the same direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

“You are being arrested for _________. You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, etc.”

I didn’t see a lawful approach for a white cop with gun drawn to forcibly (gun to the head) detain a black guy who is likely very afraid of what the cops will do to him even if he cooperates. American policing has gotten out of hand in this way. I’m worried that ours will go in the same direction.
                              OK, but at the time of the video, the cops appeared to be detaining the young man, not arresting him. Given that one or two of the people that had been sitting with the young man ran away when the cops arrived, I can understand why the cops would want to take control of that situation.

Common sense would dictate that if a cop has a gun to your head you follow instructions to the letter rather than asking "What did I do, bro?" while also not complying.

Comment

OK, but at the time of the video, the cops appeared to be detaining the young man, not arresting him. Given that one or two of the people that had been sitting with the young man ran away when the cops arrived, I can understand why the cops would want to take control of that situation.

Common sense would dictate that if a cop has a gun to your head you follow instructions to the letter rather than asking "What did I do, bro?" while also not complying.
                                Well I really don’t know what it is like to be a black young man in the US confronted with a white cop pointing a 9mm at my head. With so many bad endings for black men versus cop I really don’t know how they would react besides being scared sh**less. But being scared like that affects many people differently.

I think all people should expect to be treated respectfully if they have done nothing wrong and are not resisting. IMO the cop was the guy elevating the thing in this case and it was his attitude that led to any resistance. .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X