No announcement yet.
Collapse

I hate Winter!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I worked, winter didn't matter. It just kind of got in the way from time to time. Now it's so beeping long. Maybe I should go back?

Hummm....Na!!!!!

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

I went to do mine today and then felt guilty watching my neighbours shovelling by hand. Three additional driveways later...
      That’s a whole ‘nother story! Yesterday the wife had to go out and I told her to park on the street when she got back so I could do the driveway. 10 minutes between when she got home and I got outsiide....the plow goes by. Deposits a HUGE pile of snow in the middle of the lane in front of my neighbors driveway, doesn’t plow the lane in front of our house and then leaves a huge wide plow line in front of my neighbor to the south’s drive and all past their property.

I did my drive, put her car away and then did the street from the north neighbor’s driveway (and entrance to their drive), the street from their house to ours and also in front of neighbor to the south driveway entrance. The next guy down was also snow blowing and he did the half lane of crap they left in front of south neighbor’s house.

Comment

• If I get out early enough I usually do the plow wash in immediate neighbors drives. If it is a super heavy snow I’ll help out with the driveway too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
          If I get out early enough I usually do the plow wash in immediate neighbors drives. If it is a super heavy snow I’ll help out with the driveway too.
          I hope your snowblower has winter tires
          "The Older I Get...
          The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
          Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

• Originally posted by Pin Seeker View Post

I hope your snowblower has winter tires
            That’s the spirit! Good one!

But in this case I will be investing in the “grass” tires so I don’t experience slipping when I drive it from the garage to the shed for summer storage! LOL

Comment

• I cleared a path for the dogs in the yard,lots of snow in courtice

Comment

• Found a way to embrace it today. Nice ride in Durham Forest on our Fat tire Bikes. Beautiful out there today.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                    When I worked, winter didn't matter. It just kind of got in the way from time to time. Now it's so beeping long. Maybe I should go back?
                    Hummm....Na!!!!!
                    Some people don't remember those real Winters we had 40 years ago.
                    Here's some photos from February 1978...YIKES.
                    I did a delivery one of those days that week Downsview out to the GM plant in Oshawa, no cell phones those days to call for help..

Click image for larger version  Name:	27750723_10155069608616571_631021674392436626_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	2741631Click image for larger version  Name:	27751938_10155069608621571_8987015431968075414_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	2741632Click image for larger version  Name:	27972230_10155069608721571_1171328458647911539_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	2741633Click image for larger version  Name:	27972856_10155069608676571_5170821940278885308_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.7 KB ID:	2741634Click image for larger version  Name:	27973912_10155069608726571_7506709214766420751_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	2741635
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• well, the forecast looks pretty good for the rest of the month. Dare I say early spring?
                      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                        well, the forecast looks pretty good for the rest of the month. Dare I say early spring?
                        Not too early - I have 2 days of ice fishing on Simcoe next week and don't want a sloppy mess (besides us I guess). Apparently there's still 2 feet of ice there right now so swimming to shore shouldn't be a concern.
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• As much as I’m glad that it is so much warmer today than it’s been it is still a grey day out there and I seem to have a case of the mid-winter blahs. No motivation to do much of anything.

Comment

• Remember Feb. 19, 2017.... we played down in Batavia, NY (I wore shorts)
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

• Our cat has had enough of winter too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat on Rad.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2747471
                              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Not too early - I have 2 days of ice fishing on Simcoe next week and don't want a sloppy mess (besides us I guess). Apparently there's still 2 feet of ice there right now so swimming to shore shouldn't be a concern.
                                Shore line is getting hit hard , hopefully it holds

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X