Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate Winter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would much prefer a return to a 'real' winter storm rather than this abomination.

Last night the sidewalks in our subdivision were more like creeks. The rain was running along them as it could not permeate through the ice buildup.

As others have noted, getting to or from a side street onto a main street is very problematic. Most plowing contracts have ended. The crews/drivers that are kept on standby have returned home. Getting them to return is almost impossible.

And a City of Toronto spokesperson admitted that some of the City's trucks had already been converted to summer use.

Even private lots are not being cleared in many instances.

This just stinks. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

• Gotta love these freak spring storms. Not! Sure looks pretty but I would much rather be golfing.

Attached Files
      In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
      Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
      Titleist 910 F2 19*
      Titleist 913H 24*
      Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
      Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
      Vokey SM6 58*
      SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

• I literally could have skated down my street this morning. The ice on my windshield was about a half inch thick!
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• This ice reminds me of being a kid about 10 I guess so call it 1966 in Scarborough. We had a sleet storm but in winter, not April. So the group of us that played "ball hockey" all went home and got our skates and played "ice hockey" instead. I can recall having to be careful with the manhole covers and storm grates, but other than that the ice was smooth as glass. Until the dreaded "sander" truck turned the corner. He's spreading the sand all over the road so of course we move our nets out of the way and look dejected as our game has come to a sudden end. Except....the driver sees us, gives us a wave, and turns the sand off until he passes our other net and then he starts sanding again. We all yelled out "thanks!" and got another wave. It's a Canadian thing.

Comment

• I read somewhere that the Toronto Maple Leafs are to blame for this weather.
            They have Mother Nature confused. She doesn't realize it's Spring yet because the Leafs are still playing hockey!!

Comment

• Chipped ice off the cars and steps yesterday. Have to do it again today.

Wife got her tires changed Friday. Stayed home from work today.

Ice flying off the CN Tower has punctured the roof of SkyDome, and taken out some windows in an office building.

30 foot cedar in the neighbour's yard. Heard the trunk crack around 11:30 last night and then heard the tree lean over to rest on our house. Leaves plastered against an upstairs bathroom window.

Would have preferred to be playing golf to be completely honest....
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

• Fell on the icy stairs yesterday while taking trash out.

Still hurts! @#$%!

Comment

• Could be worse....

I'd forgotten that today is the Boston Marathon.

Last year it was 24C at the start, this year it's +2C and pouring. And windy.

Nice way to spend a few hours outdoors.....

Surprisingly, the men's winner was quoted saying "For me, these are the best conditions possible"! Takes all sorts...
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

• Backed out of my driveway this morning and promptly blew the transmission on my pickup, leaving it sitting in the middle of the street unable to move. Nothing to do with winter, but it wouldn't taste so sour if it were sunny and 15c right now...
                    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                    Srixon Star XV
                    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                      Backed out of my driveway this morning and promptly blew the transmission on my pickup, leaving it sitting in the middle of the street unable to move. Nothing to do with winter, but it wouldn't taste so sour if it were sunny and 15c right now...

Bummer! Sorry to hear and not a great way to start a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

Bummer! Sorry to hear and not a great way to start a day.
                        Not as bad as the tow truck driver who showed up after having 4hrs sleep the entire weekend. I'm pretty sure it'll be covered under the powertrain warranty so fingers crossed at least I'm not out of pocket.
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Not as bad as the tow truck driver who showed up after having 4hrs sleep the entire weekend. I'm pretty sure it'll be covered under the powertrain warranty so fingers crossed at least I'm not out of pocket.
                          could be worse. you could have been on the way to the golf course.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Lost power multiple times throught the night,streets are bad and school buses are cancelled,dogs don't want to go outside.lol.

Comment

Backed out of my driveway this morning and promptly blew the transmission on my pickup, leaving it sitting in the middle of the street unable to move. Nothing to do with winter, but it wouldn't taste so sour if it were sunny and 15c right now...
                              Oh that sucks! Sorry to hear it.

Comment

That's too bad. Hope you are covered. At least you were close to home and not like somewhere way out of town or in a remote area.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 162,873   Posts: 1,704,449   Members: 45,549   Active Members: 248
                                Welcome to our newest member, joe1019.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X