Collapse

Favourite Netflix (Canada) offerings

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    An oldie that we missed when it came out: Ex Machina.

It's 9 years old but deals with AI pretty.... intelligently. It stayed in my head for quite a while.

Beautifully filmed (in some very cool modern places in Norway) and really only 3 main actors for 95 % of the time.

Not overly long (yay!) and Alicia Vikander makes a rather fetching robot IMO.
    you had me at fetching robot....
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Watched the Luther movie ahead of my Netflix cancel. Pretty good. The villian was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
        Watched the Luther movie ahead of my Netflix cancel. Pretty good. The villian was great.
        Wife and I also just watched this afternoon, agreed.
        Ping G410 10.5*
        Taylormade M6 3W
        Callaway Diablo Edge 5W
        TaylorMade P790 4 - PW
        Ping Glide Stealth 50*
        Ping Glide Stealth 54*
        Cleveland 588 RTX LW 58*
        Scotty Cameron Select GoLo

Comment

Watched the Luther movie ahead of my Netflix cancel. Pretty good. The villian was great.
          I thought it was pretty strange and far out there . . . but I watched it to the end.

Netflix never went ahead with their plan . . .
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I thought it was pretty strange and far out there . . . but I watched it to the end.

Netflix never went ahead with their plan . . .
            What? We can have multiple profiles??

Comment

Yes, it was never put in motion. I guess they were losing too many customers . . .
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Yes, it was never put in motion. I guess they were losing too many customers . . .
                And yet I and many have quit. I don't see anything suggesting they retracted. You have a link?

Comment

I re-upped. Kids are happy. If they do any funny stuff I'll cancel for real.

Comment

I re-upped. Kids are happy. If they do any funny stuff I'll cancel for real.
                    It took a while, but I've been getting a notice that someone else is using my account so I can't watch.

I haven't added a 2nd account and I haven't bailed yet either, just watching Prime and cogitating on it for a bit.

As for movies, I watched the Cannes Palme d'Or winner "Triangle of Sadness".

It's another long and wild one and won't appeal to everyone that's for sure.

I ended up liking it (gorgeous cinematography and sound - especially of eating) but they could have tightened it up a lot. I got the point, and didn't need it expanded and expounded on quite so much....
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

• I just watched the final episode of Ted Lasso on Apple TV. It’s a shame that the series has come to an end. I enjoyed every uplifting minute of its three seasons.
                      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                        I just watched the final episode of Ted Lasso on Apple TV. It’s a shame that the series has come to an end. I enjoyed every uplifting minute of its three seasons.
                        Concur. So well written and the depth of the characters was amazing. It would hit the extremes of emotion. The best show of current memory in my mind.

Comment

• Just got into White House Plumbers- pretty good so far

Comment

• Sadly gave in and watched The Flight Attendant S2. Dumber than dumb. Again. Can't say that Cuoco doesn't put the effort in. They must spend some serious money to put this together. Onto Fatal Attraction. Jury is out after one ep.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                            ​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

Just had a rather annoying hiccup with my account after 3 weeks in Ireland the app decided to not let me watch my downloads. It claimed I had downloads on multiple devices. I checked and there was only one device capable of doing downloads on my list of devices. I deleted them all rebooted and problem was solved. Now I have to redownload but oh well.

I enjoyed the BBC series Deceit and Obsession

Comment

• I'm fed up with Netflix.

DIL put me on to TUBI. It's free.

Watch free movies and TV shows online in HD on any device. Tubi - streaming movies and TV free.
                                things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X