Collapse

Favourite Netflix (Canada) offerings

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnny canuck View Post

I quite enjoyed that. Incredible athleticism.
    and the fact he spent 7 years planning and rehearsing the climb is mind boggling. The sheer determination involved and absolute fearlessness is what amazed me.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Our guilty pleasure watching is Selling Sunset, but we don't like to tell anyone.

REALLY looking forward to tomorrow and Get Back on Disney+

Comment

• just watched 14 Peaks. Pretty amazing story about a Nepalese climber who completed the 14 highest peaks (all over 8000m) in just over 6 months. It took Reinhold Messner, the first person to do it, 16 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
          Our guilty pleasure watching is Selling Sunset, but we don't like to tell anyone.

REALLY looking forward to tomorrow and Get Back on Disney+
          me and my wife watch this too , can’t stand the women on that show especially the tall blonde who dresses ridiculous ( Christine maybe ? ) but we love seeing the houses they list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
            just watched 14 Peaks. Pretty amazing story about a Nepalese climber who completed the 14 highest peaks (all over 8000m) in just over 6 months. It took Reinhold Messner, the first person to do it, 16 years.
            Photography is incredible (as is the story). What get's me is how nuts climbers are. Especially listen to the woman trying to summit K2 (head shaking).

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Photography is incredible (as is the story). What get's me is how nuts climbers are. Especially listen to the woman trying to summit K2 (head shaking).
              yep, they live in a different world, right up there with rock climbers

As for nuts, the lineup to get up to the summit of Everest pretty much says it all.

Comment

yep, they live in a different world, right up there with rock climbers

As for nuts, the lineup to get up to the summit of Everest pretty much says it all.

And those at the end often are in danger of dying, as most die coming down, when they summit too late. I've watched a lot of Everest documentaries and often the same narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

And those at the end often are in danger of dying, as most die coming down, when they summit too late. I've watched a lot of Everest documentaries and often the same narrative.
                  Too much time in the death zone. As I read once, it's (relatively) easy to get to the top of Everest. The hard part is coming down.

Comment

Watching The Dawn Wall about the first climb on that section of El Capitan. I'm not gonna lie, it's making me a little ill watching it.
                    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                    just watched 14 Peaks. Pretty amazing story about a Nepalese climber who completed the 14 highest peaks (all over 8000m) in just over 6 months. It took Reinhold Messner, the first person to do it, 16 years.
                    We watched both of those on a 3-night "mountains" binge.

The 3rd night was The Alpinist, about a Canadian free climber, Marc-André Leclerc. It's on Prime. It was as good as the other two. Interestingly they have Alex Honold (Free Solo) in the introduction.
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

The 3rd night was The Alpinist, about a Canadian free climber, Marc-André Leclerc. It's on Prime. It was as good as the other two. Interestingly they have Alex Honold (Free Solo) in the introduction.
                      Now I know what I am doing tonight.

Comment

• The Unforgivable w/ Sandra Bullock , we watched it last night , it was pretty good I must say

Comment

Now I know what I am doing tonight.
                          Watching the Raptors . . .
                          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Just saw the trailer of the Korean Sci-Fi series The Silent Sea, coming out Dec 24. Looks good. Perfect for holidays binge.

Comment

• Just finished "Just Mercy" on Netflix . . . very good and a true story. He was first played at the 2019 Toronto Film Festival.

Michael, you and Theresa have to watch this . . . It is in court and in Alabama . . . I know you can see it already . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

If you want another climbing documentary, look up Touching The Void. It won't likely be on any streaming services but you can watch the whole thing on YouTube. Riveting story.
                                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X