No announcement yet.
Collapse

Favourite Netflix (Canada) offerings

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extraordinary Attorney Woo is Korean series that I’ve just begun watching. If you don’t mind subtitles, it’s is well worth watching. The awkward, but endearing, central character is an autistic, but highly intelligent, new lawyer who’s learning the ropes in a large firm. The show always leaves me with a smile, and an eagerness to watch the next episode.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Netflix - it is only on there for a while longer. I enjoyed it, quite the thriller and good story.
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Jeff, is that the original or the remake, both of which are excellent?

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
        Watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Netflix - it is only on there for a while longer. I enjoyed it, quite the thriller and good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
          Jeff, is that the original or the remake, both of which are excellent?

Both have been out and around for 10+ years. Unfortunately not many new movies out on streaming services worth watching.

Catching up right now on Better Call Saul and the Boys current season.

Comment

Jeff, is that the original or the remake, both of which are excellent?

Not sure, it was the one with Daniel Craig if that helps.

Comment

• The documentary, Shania Twain - Not Just a Girl, is well worth watching. Having done so, I have a much greater respect for this Canadian artist’s talent, resilience, creativity and courage. It’s no accident that she is an international success.

Comment

The documentary, Shania Twain - Not Just a Girl, is well worth watching. Having done so, I have a much greater respect for this Canadian artist’s talent, resilience, creativity and courage. It’s no accident that she is an international success.
                I watched it the other night and enjoyed it, though I would enjoy watching Shania Twain do just about anything.

Comment

• I can understand why.

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

I watched it the other night and enjoyed it, though I would enjoy watching Shania Twain do just about anything.

Comment

The documentary, Shania Twain - Not Just a Girl, is well worth watching. Having done so, I have a much greater respect for this Canadian artist’s talent, resilience, creativity and courage. It’s no accident that she is an international success.
                    Michael . . . Kirkland Lake connection, Mary Bailey (Evelyn Kasner) . . . her family is still in Town. She was born Evelyn Mary Bailey, that is where her stage name came from . . . I will be watching next week for sure, heard lots of good things about it.

Update: Well Michael, I couldn't wait and watched it tonight. It was very good and interesting. She is a complete Superstar. Saw her in her homecoming concert . . . July 1st 1999 in Timmins. There was so many people and from all over the World. Nothing like the home concert . . . She is amazing . . .
                    Last edited by Chambokl; Jul 29, 2022, 09:50 PM.
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Not on Netflix but on Disney+, the series on the Sex Pistols is excellent (called Pistol). Directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire amongst others), it follows the band from early on to Sid's death. It captures the essence of the times very well and is based on Steve Jones biography. Enjoying it immensely.

And yes, I did just watch the Shania Twain biography earlier this week.

Comment

• Season 5 of Animal Kingdom on Netflix now...

Comment

• On Disney+ There is a series called The Bear, the lead character was in Shameless. There is a famous(notorious) Toronto Chef in the series as well.

Comment

• I just finished watching season 1 of "Hunters" on Prime, and enjoyed it. For my mind, anything with Al Pacino is worth a watch.

I watched the Finale of "Better Call Saul" last night (AMC). I'm not quite sure why I waited 3 days to watch it, but I'm going to miss that series even more than I miss "Breaking Bad" (which is a lot).

More often than not, I find I dislike how most finales try to wrap everything up in a bow and end. That wasn't the case with Saul.

The good news is that it appears we will get a Gus Fring and Mike Ehrmantraut spinoff(s)? in 2023.
                            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post
                              On Disney+ There is a series called The Bear, the lead character was in Shameless. There is a famous(notorious) Toronto Chef in the series as well.
                              And the Jays game tonight.

Comment

• Currently in season 2 of Casual. Short witty epps.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X