This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Not true, but that was hardly Bern's point anyways.

Israel can ban or allow whomever they like. The President of the USA should not be encouraging a foreign nation to ban it's citizens, much less its elected lawmakers.

He should also NOT be inciting hatred and violence towards those lawmakers by making outrageous and false statements about them "hating.... all Jewish people". They don't, they never have, they've never said anything remotely similar to that.
    Yes, it is true. Which makes me question their motivation in the first place. They knew Israeli FS and Bibi wouldn't grant them entry, now Omar specifically, can go back to her constituency which has the highest concentration of fundamentalist Islamic supporters in the U.S. and point to this as evidence for the necessity of the BDS movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

They are both supporters of the BDS movement, there is no reason for them to travel to a country they want to boycott, divest, and sanction.
      As elected representatives of the USA the whole point is to meet with countries with who you have ideological, financial and trade disputes. It's called diplomacy.

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law, violating Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 which states.

"The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies."[

So they have a point and they should be able to communicate their concern as representatives of their consituents. That's how democracy works.
      Last edited by Bern; Aug 15, 2019, 02:05 PM. Reason: Added quote

Comment

• I was listening to the radio in my car today and stumbled on the Rush
        Limbaugh radio show...I had a good laugh..good old Rush said that
        yesturday's 800 pt drop in the Dow Jones index was caused by the
        Democrat party..their hoping for a Recession...lol..lol...lol..lol

Comment

• Rush Limbaugh wouldn't know, or acknowledge, the truth if it was delivered to him in a sealed envelope. He really is a pathetic soul - all bluster, and no content, much like his favourite president.

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
          I was listening to the radio in my car today and stumbled on the Rush
          Limbaugh radio show...I had a good laugh..good old Rush said that
          yesturday's 800 pt drop in the Dow Jones index was caused by the
          Democrat party..their hoping for a Recession...lol..lol...lol..lol
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Me thinks we are getting into the cray cray territory.

Just this afternoon:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	3022090

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	3022089

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	3022088

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	3022087

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	3022092

Every indicator points to the fact that this is just the beginning...
            Last edited by Bellyhungry; Aug 15, 2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is true. Which makes me question their motivation in the first place. They knew Israeli FS and Bibi wouldn't grant them entry, now Omar specifically, can go back to her constituency which has the highest concentration of fundamentalist Islamic supporters in the U.S. and point to this as evidence for the necessity of the BDS movement.
              Being critical of Israel is not the same as hating Jews. That's a ridiculous argument and terrible wedge used by some zealots. They did not "know" they would be denied entry. Israel has an anti-BDS supporter law on the books but it's been inconsistently enforced at best.
              In my survey of Israeli press this morning, reaction is very negative to this move except for papers always loyal to Bibi. It's not the way most Israelis want to engage critics.
              I am trying to think of another time a US president did something like this.

Comment

• Republican but avowed never-45 Tom Nichols says it well here. Anyone who can't see this and is still supporting 45 is a lost cause.

Why this Never Trump ex-Republican will vote for almost any 2020 Democratic nominee

I'm good with anyone who is mentally stable and in no way sympathetic or beholden to a hostile foreign power. That's it. Policy just doesn't matter.
                WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

Being critical of Israel is not the same as hating Jews. That's a ridiculous argument and terrible wedge used by some zealots. They did not "know" they would be denied entry. Israel has an anti-BDS supporter law on the books but it's been inconsistently enforced at best.
                  In my survey of Israeli press this morning, reaction is very negative to this move except for papers always loyal to Bibi. It's not the way most Israelis want to engage critics.
                  I am trying to think of another time a US president did something like this.
                  Even AIPAC - whom Omar criticized - took the rare stance against Bibi's decision.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	3022191

Comment

• Re: the border debate.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Trump has apparently expressed interest in buying Greenland from Denmark, with varying levels of seriousness. Militarily this would be a power move. Fiscally.... well who has a frequent valuation on Greenland?

US president has ‘expressed interest’ in the icy territory, according to the Wall Street Journal, but the Danes have yet to weigh in

Comment

Trump has apparently expressed interest in buying Greenland from Denmark, with varying levels of seriousness. Militarily this would be a power move. Fiscally.... well who has a frequent valuation on Greenland?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rchase-denmark
                        Greenland has been moving toward self-rule so I doubt it could be "sold" even if Denmark wanted to, Greenlanders would demand a referendum. But...Greenland has gov't healthcare and both green and communist parties enjoy wide support. Good luck to Trump.

Comment

• Greenland government: We Are Not For Sale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	232
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	3022371

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

Even AIPAC - whom Omar criticized - took the rare stance against Bibi's decision.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	3022191
                            Maybe the only people that think Israel looks stronger by denying them are Don T, Bibi N, Vladdy P, MBS and Lil Kim Un. Good company to be in.

Comment

• Rep. Tlaib is going to Israel.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                                she is going back to the country she"came from" ,so to speak, since she still has family there.

not sure whether this proves Trump can suck and blow his way to a headline, or Israel is telling Trump to suck it up. and let them handle it.
                                things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X