Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    So.... Trump has abruptly cancelled next months state visit to Denmark. He's upset because they called the idea of selling Greenland "absurd".

Well, he's shown them!

I continue to be more and more impressed by George W. Bush's intelligence and demeanor in comparison.

I must re-read "The Ugly American", for some context.....
    Trump is looney tunes. The Greenland thing was bonkers to begin with, and cancelling a visit over it is pouty-child at best. Had the meeting been about buying Greenland, it might make some sense to cancel, but Trump himself said that the meeting had nothing to do with Greenland.

He's unbalanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

And Truman's decision to recognize Israel when the rest of the world was against it meant nothing. Ben-Gurion said Truman had an "immortal place in Jewish history".
      Not to be pedantic (and Sunday School was more than half a century ago, and I hated it then!) BUT.....

When Trump refers to himself (via quote) as like the "second coming of God", isn't that an odd thing for Jews to get excited about? At least at this point?

My recollection was that pretty much the entire split between Judaism and Christianity was over whether or not there'd been a first coming - which must necessarily precede the second one.

A minor point, and Trump was only reiterating, but....
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Not to be pedantic (and Sunday School was more than half a century ago, and I hated it then!) BUT.....

When Trump refers to himself (via quote) as like the "second coming of God", isn't that an odd thing for Jews to get excited about? At least at this point?

My recollection was that pretty much the entire split between Judaism and Christianity was over whether or not there'd been a first coming - which must necessarily precede the second one.

A minor point, and Trump was only reiterating, but....
        right you are Iggy. Trump's understanding of his daughter's faith is deep and everlasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

Trump is looney tunes. The Greenland thing was bonkers to begin with, and cancelling a visit over it is pouty-child at best. Had the meeting been about buying Greenland, it might make some sense to cancel, but Trump himself said that the meeting had nothing to do with Greenland.

He's unbalanced.
          Contrast that with Trump reaching out to his BFF Kim via Twitter:

"I will come to the DMZ. Come meet me there. I've missed you"

Comment

Does Haidt use the 12 to 1 study you referenced? Is that from a "centrist" academic?
            Did Haidt provide the 9 of every 100 number you referenced?
            Who defines what a radical is? Are feminists "radicals"?
            While Haidt might share some of your views that conservatives need to be more represented, plenty of academics have been critical of Haidt's stance that conservative views can be shut out on campus.
            You might be suggesting the facts you presented are from Haidt, that's not true.
            https://heterodoxacademy.org/profess...untry-did-not/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

Contrast that with Trump reaching out to his BFF Kim via Twitter:

"I will come to the DMZ. Come meet me there. I've missed you"
              Well, that's because Kim is going to sell him South Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                Mad tweets of the morning...

'King of Israel'
                'Second coming of God'

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	3024990
                Trump also said that any Jew who votes for a Democrat is ignorant or disloyal just to remind us which side of the swastika he is on.

Comment

• Do we all believe that Trump actually tweets these himself or does he have a strategist that does it?

Because if it is not part of a concerted campaign to keep his opponents off balance, and is indeed an insight into his mind, then he is even more 'whacko' than I imagined.

Comment

• That article by Sam Abrams again backs the basic idea but does not substantiate the "radicals" comments or the 12 to 1 ratio. But what Abrams report fails to consider is the growth at schools of courses in Native American, Women's, Ethnic and other disciplines which conservatives have little to no interest in teaching. That's a significant number.
                    The argument is not whether those courses have merit, it's the changing academic curriculum and who typically studies them.
                    And again, Abrams presents the facts without considering why more conservatives are not studying many of these disciplines. A common criticism of Haidt's analysis I have mentioned before. If you want more conservative sociologists, more conservatives have to sign up for post grad degrees in sociology. That's not happening. That's a question Haidt ignores but is a significant part of the issue, maybe the most significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                      Do we all believe that Trump actually tweets these himself or does he have a strategist that does it?

Because if it is not part of a concerted campaign to keep his opponents off balance, and is indeed an insight into his mind, then he is even more 'whacko' than I imagined.
                      It could be someone tweeting for him, but his tweets and public comments don't differ much. The comment about disloyal/ignorant Jews who vote Democrat was verbal.

Comment

That article by Sam Abrams again backs the basic idea but does not substantiate the "radicals" comments or the 12 to 1 ratio. But what Abrams report fails to consider is the growth at schools of courses in Native American, Women's, Ethnic and other disciplines which conservatives have little to no interest in teaching. That's a significant number.
                        The argument is not whether those courses have merit, it's the changing academic curriculum and who typically studies them.
                        And again, Abrams presents the facts without considering why more conservatives are not studying many of these disciplines. A common criticism of Haidt's analysis I have mentioned before. If you want more conservative sociologists, more conservatives have to sign up for post grad degrees in sociology. That's not happening. That's a question Haidt ignores but is a significant part of the issue, maybe the most significant.
                        Maybe it's time to bring in affirmative action in hiring for faculty in the humanities and social sciences. Just because there is less of them doesn't mean they shouldn't be equally represented, right?

Comment

Do we all believe that Trump actually tweets these himself or does he have a strategist that does it?

Full Bull Goose Loony
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

• I'll throw this out there again.

Trump has reported to US authorities that his Scottish courses are worth a combined $100 million and provide $23 million in annual income while reporting to British authorities that the courses are $64 million in the hole and running at a loss.

He also 'forgot' to disclose $200 million in loans to the courses to US authorities.

These discrepancies are punishable by jail time and he committed them while in office.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/tr....co/7BOvw8Tyxg

This alone should be enough to impeach. Are the Republicans and the right so partisan that they could ignore something so egregious? I am continuously shocked at what they allow Trump to get away with. What else could be happening here but financial fraud?

Comment

Full Bull Goose Loony
                              A lobotomy may be in order!

Comment

Tweeting is a numbers game for him. He knows when he tweets, the more outrageous, the better the numbers.
                                I'd like to think it is a strategist that does it for him, but the arrogance quotient of the tweets is too high to be anyone else.

He can't stand it when somebody other than him talks at his table, because he is not smart enough to understand what other people are saying.
                                He is also the type that can't handle a lull in the conversation. It's a power vacuum he feels he has to fill otherwise he'll look impotent.
                                Last edited by bl8d; Aug 21, 2019, 09:37 AM.
                                Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                                Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z LS M4
                                Ping i25 5w PWR75s
                                Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
                                Ping ISI W2, W3
                                Cal i-Trax

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 172,447   Posts: 1,801,123   Members: 46,957   Active Members: 256
                                Welcome to our newest member, bossjmc.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X