This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

He obstructed justice but can't be charged while he is President or did you ignore the entire Mueller report? The behaviour of Barr is unprecedented in not remaining objective about Trump and the Trump administration. THE DOJ is not Trump's protector and that behavior is a constitutional crisis. His behavior against our NATO allies is very odd don't you think? How many lies does Trump have to be caught in before you admit there is something very wrong in his behaviour. Remember, he never met with Russians in 2016 yet the number of meetings continues to grow and the web of lies become harder to keep straight. Watergate took a long time too.
    You must have forgotten when AG Holder called himself "Obama's wingman". Or did you just not care because it wasn't Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I supported him in 2016 because the alternative was possibly the worst candidate in U.S. history with a history of being influenced by money... until this crop of dems came along, which is why I still support Trump.
      Sorry Sean, but I want to clarify: you support Trump because you couldn't support Hilary...because she was a terrible candidate with a history of being influenced by money? Just want to make sure I fully understand your position on that one...

What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

• Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

Sorry Sean, but I want to clarify: you support Trump because you couldn't support Hilary...because she was a terrible candidate with a history of being influenced by money? Just want to make sure I fully understand your position on that one...
        In this case, the devil I didn't know was better than the devil I knew. Businessmen are expected to be influenced by money, career politicians are not.

Comment

I'll concede the reality is it could be concern from media investigating as well as Trump blabbing. The fact is its media's job to investigate and it's the job of the President not to let slip details that could compromise national security.
          When you consider that the former were doing their job well and the latter has been bumbling his conversations and tweeting out pics from spy satellites people didn't know existed a reasonable person would know where to lay blame. His own staff have come forward saying his attention to security is poor, God knows what's discussed with Putin.

The Daily Caller is a rag created by Tucker Carlson and it's a right wing propaganda machine. That you chose to cite that as your primary source tells me where you spend your time 'researching' and that doesn't surprise me at all.
          Turns out the CIA itself was so appalled by CNNs reporting on the reasons for the Russian spy being extracted that they had to make a statement... was it still Trump's fault though?

The new MSN, Your customizable collection of the best in news, sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health, and lifestyle, combined with Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and more.

Comment

Economy: GDP growth rate is up, wage growth is up, foreign direct investment is up - not necessarily an extension of the Obama years.

Immigration: Illegal crossing are WAY down, something like 55%, that sounds more like a mess has been cleaned up, not created.

Foreign Policy: NATO spending is up significantly. Iran and China (and Russia to a lesser extent) are in weaker positions than they were in 2016. Limiting involvement in Syria is good policy. Iraq is no longer under ISIS control. The U.S. is now supplying Ukraine with lethal non-defensive weapons systems. The only quagmire in foreign policy right now is NK, and thats because nobody knows what either Trump or Kim are thinking at any given time. Renegotiating NAFTA was good for both the U.S. and Canada. Trade deal with Japan looks close to being complete. China's bargaining position is continually being weakened. Improvements have been made to the U.S. - SK trade deal. If Brexit happens there will likely be a U.S. - Britain trade deal that will put pressure on the EU member states.

Domestic: Not much can be done when the House majority cares more about impeachment and financial investigations than introducing and voting on legislation. With all of the obstruction Trump has: appointed more judges at this stage of his presidency than anybody since Reagan - including 2 SC justices.Tax cuts. First Step Act. Deregulation. Keystone XL and Dakota Access. Individual Mandate penalty for ACA gone. Right-To-Try legislation.... and my favourite of all Space Force.
            As with new CEOs taking over from an old one, the results they obtain in their first few years at the helm of their organizations are largely due to the decisions of their predecessors. It takes 3 to 5 years for the new CEOs decision to fully impact the company's results and where they can call it their own doing. Large companies are like large ships, it takes time to turn the ship on a new course.

Similarly, Trump policies are affecting a very large and complex machine. These policies are only now starting to affect the US economy (and the world economy with it). The sugar rush of tax cuts was a short term boost to keep the momentum going, but the long term impact of the debt has yet to be felt. The trade war is obviously causing short term pain and maybe it will pay long term dividends. I could go on and on. Pointing to any president's results in the first couple of years and saying they are doing a great or poor job is silly. Only when you look back in history after some of the long term effects have materialized can you truly say whether the policies enacted by any president were good or bad.
            Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Now, for the fun part.... many on here act as though conjecture about Trump's involvement in Russia's efforts in 2016 or his subsequent appeasement of Russia is because Russia has dirt on him... when there is no evidence, no indictment against him, or no smoking gun that Trump is working in Russia's favour. .
              Unfortunately you are forgetting that:
              1. Agents of the Russian government worked diligently to influence the American presidential election in Trump's favour. To the detriment of HRC. That is a proven and accepted fact. Why would the Russians do that if HRC was 'in their pocket"? Why would they work so hard to elect Trump?
              2. Trump has told multiple mistruths about his dealings with Russian oligarchs. Why would he keep doing this?
              3. It has been demonstrated that Trump had business dealings with Russian oligarchs/money. One such example was right in Toronto.
              4. Members of Trump's campaign/team have been proven to have lied about or had illegal dealings with Russian oligarchs.
              All of the above have been proven.

Yet in all the investigations of HRC there has been zero proof that she was under Russian influence.

Comment

In this case, the devil I didn't know was better than the devil I knew. Businessmen are expected to be influenced by money, career politicians are not.
                Doesn't explain your continued support for him after he has shown again and again that his overriding concern is money, or at least pretending that he has money.

And since nothing has been proven against Hilary, you obviously can't really care that much about the allegations. Since all we have is allegations that Trump molested enough women to fill the tee sheet of ladies' night at Doral. And you give those no weight.
                What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                TM Rescue 17*
                TM M2 4-AW
                TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

This mischaracterization of what I said is par for the course isn't it?
                  No it’s factual. You were beyond pleased middle America was flooded out. Almost giddy.
                  Don’t worry I won’t go lunatic fringe like some guys on here and research your post history and post it.

Comment

The problem is the CF continued to accept donations from foreign governments while she was the U.S. top diplomat... something like over 50% of CF donors who donated in excess of 100k were given access to HRC. There probably should be criminal convictions - but, according to Peter Strozk, Clinton and the Obama DOJ struck a deal that blocked FBI access to Clinton Foundation related e-mails found on HRC's private server. Thankfully that investigation was reopened when a whistleblower came forward to the IRS and FBI.

and it is slightly different than campaigns - foreign governments can't donate unlimited amounts of money to political campaigns...in fact they can't donate at all (not sure about laws regarding superpacs and foreign entities).

I don't know who was stoned at those charity rating agencies... but in 2014 their total revenues were $177M and they only paid out $5M in grants. Here is the CF 990 form from 2014: http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201412_990.pdf

Now, for the fun part.... many on here act as though conjecture about Trump's involvement in Russia's efforts in 2016 or his subsequent appeasement of Russia is because Russia has dirt on him... when there is no evidence, no indictment against him, or no smoking gun that Trump is working in Russia's favour. Yet you never seem to call them out. Is your standard for what is a smoking gun the same for HRC as it is for DT? Why have you not questioned MFM, BH, Bern, and the likes who promote these conspiracy theories based on conjecture? I really don't care what the CF did in the past, it was 'the bait' I used in order to highlight this double standard. There is as much evidence that the CF sold access and favours to donors as there is that the Russians have something on Trump - NONE... I know it, you know it, and everybody else on here knows it - except those with a severe case of TDS.
                    1/ I am willing to bet any FBI investigation into CF will not find any indictable offences. I can find no references to an open investigation.
                    2/ while foreign gov't cannot donate for campaigns, large corporate backers are sought after and charmed. Koch Brother, Merciers, etc. In principle getting their superpacs to support you. That is indirect campaign financing for access. I don't see the difference.
                    3/ CF, they did a big push to collect money for CGI. That money will be paid out over years and some of the projects are very large but not one time expenses. This is not unusual in larger charities. If their is much evidence of paid access with all the investigations into Clinton, I would suspect charges would be pending.
                    4/ I have called them out. I stated very early that Trump likely wouldn't be impeached and Mueller would not find evidence of collusion. Stupidity and willingness, yes but not collusion. Finding those posts with my large number of opinions in this forum are not easy but here is at least one.

I have never said the Russians have something on Trump. I am weary of his relationship and fascination with Putin. He sides with Putin over his own intelligence community in regards to interference. That's troubling, especially in public. I have never compared CF and Trump's relationship with Russia. I have never said or spread conspiracy theories about Trump. I have speculated about potential wrong doing but I'm careful not to convict without evidence.
                    I am not responsible for what others believe or post. Nor am I responsible to reply to every post on the forum. I think MFM, Bern, etc know where I stand on most Trump issues. I don't think I've been unclear. They are welcome to disagree with me and do.
                    But I am not the moderator or a referee.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                      1/ I am willing to bet any FBI investigation into CF will not find any indictable offences. I can find no references to an open investigation.
                      2/ while foreign gov't cannot donate for campaigns, large corporate backers are sought after and charmed. Koch Brother, Merciers, etc. In principle getting their superpacs to support you. That is indirect campaign financing for access. I don't see the difference.
                      3/ CF, they did a big push to collect money for CGI. That money will be paid out over years and some of the projects are very large but not one time expenses. This is not unusual in larger charities. If their is much evidence of paid access with all the investigations into Clinton, I would suspect charges would be pending.
                      4/ I have called them out. I stated very early that Trump likely wouldn't be impeached and Mueller would not find evidence of collusion. Stupidity and willingness, yes but not collusion. Finding those posts with my large number of opinions in this forum are not easy but here is at least one.

I have never said the Russians have something on Trump. I am weary of his relationship and fascination with Putin. He sides with Putin over his own intelligence community in regards to interference. That's troubling, especially in public. I have never compared CF and Trump's relationship with Russia. I have never said or spread conspiracy theories about Trump. I have speculated about potential wrong doing but I'm careful not to convict without evidence.
                      I am not responsible for what others believe or post. Nor am I responsible to reply to every post on the forum. I think MFM, Bern, etc know where I stand on most Trump issues. I don't think I've been unclear. They are welcome to disagree with me and do.
                      But I am not the moderator or a referee.
                      I don't refute the majority. Except for:

2. There is a HUGE difference between domestic corporations/domestic special interests and foreign governments/foreign interests

3. Clinton was sheltered by the investigators and their brass. I suspect any investigation performed by Obama's DOJ into Clinton is about as transparent and honest as any investigation performed by Barr into Trump.

Comment

Economy: GDP growth rate is up, wage growth is up, foreign direct investment is up - not necessarily an extension of the Obama years.

Immigration: Illegal crossing are WAY down, something like 55%, that sounds more like a mess has been cleaned up, not created.

Foreign Policy: NATO spending is up significantly. Iran and China (and Russia to a lesser extent) are in weaker positions than they were in 2016. Limiting involvement in Syria is good policy. Iraq is no longer under ISIS control. The U.S. is now supplying Ukraine with lethal non-defensive weapons systems. The only quagmire in foreign policy right now is NK, and thats because nobody knows what either Trump or Kim are thinking at any given time. Renegotiating NAFTA was good for both the U.S. and Canada. Trade deal with Japan looks close to being complete. China's bargaining position is continually being weakened. Improvements have been made to the U.S. - SK trade deal. If Brexit happens there will likely be a U.S. - Britain trade deal that will put pressure on the EU member states.

Domestic: Not much can be done when the House majority cares more about impeachment and financial investigations than introducing and voting on legislation. With all of the obstruction Trump has: appointed more judges at this stage of his presidency than anybody since Reagan - including 2 SC justices.Tax cuts. First Step Act. Deregulation. Keystone XL and Dakota Access. Individual Mandate penalty for ACA gone. Right-To-Try legislation.... and my favourite of all Space Force.
                        In some quarters the GDP growth rate is up but year over years it's good but not amazing. Wage growth has been positive to inflation but I don't see how economic policies enacted by Trump did that. US capital spending is starting to sputter and that never bodes well for future quarters and is indicative of the economic outlook of business.
                        foreign policy, in world influence, how is China weaker. They have struck more trade deals in the last two years than the US by a considerable margin. They are making economic friends by investing in growing economies. The US is having difficulty keeping friends. While Ukraine can kill more Russians, the US should be more involved in stopping Russian interference in Ukraine internal politics. Take a stand.
                        Iran is a situation where he backed out of a treaty and then asked the other signees to make sure they enforced the treaty. It's an international joke. Trump had plans to meet Rhuani and Bolton disagreed with this.
                        Syria, Trump ceded the decisions on Syria to Putin. That's not strength.
                        I find few who think China bargaining position has been weakened. They can continue to devalue the Yuan with little effect as an export economy.
                        The US trade deals with Canada, Mexico, Japan, Sk and potentially Britain will have little to no effect on the US economy. If you think Japan and SK are going to buy US cars, you are mistaken. These are well organized photo ops but little of substance underneath.
                        Domestic. Appointing Supreme Court justices is a matter of timing, not an accomplishment. The senate is responsible for fighting Trumps whims as much as anything. But their is no legislative agenda being put forth by the WH. How can you negotiate deals without an offer? Their is no plan.
                        Immigration. Illegal crossings may be down but the whole process is a mess. Visa applications, amnesty, refugee claims, etc. He promised to deport criminals and reform immigration. This isn't reform, it's chaos without a plan. Have we seen a detailed proposal from Trump on immigration reform?

Comment

• 9-11. Never Forget...

...to slam the Federal Reserve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	184
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3035243

Comment

• BTW, we are back to Clinton again?

Image result for why are you so obsessed with me gif

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

Have we seen a detailed proposal from Trump on immigration reform?
                              The Wall and banning of immigrants and refugees from Muslim countries?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Nothing says remember 9/11 better than a pic of Donald and Melania dressed in black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190911_072052.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	3035378

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays