This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
    Lost in much of this is the false premise that Trump starts with, $5 Billion will not build "the wall" That total didn't just go to the wall but more agents, detention centres, etc. It would at best add hundreds of miles to the wall but not complete the project so the debate would go on for years to keep adjusted the budget to get more of the wall built. A few more miles of wall is not going to change the illegal immigration situation. The first thousand miles of the wall did little or nothing to stop the flow. Estimates range from $12-25 billion for the complete border wall. Even if approved several issues of domain need to be resolved, land owners, municipalities and states would have major issues with where the wall was planned and would fight in court to stall building approvals.
    But Trump knows if he doesn't get approval to "build the wall" in this budget then he will likely go into re-election with little or no progress on a key campaign promise to his base. If congress approves the $5 billion, construction on the wall will begin and Trump will be able to say he's building his wall even though it's not nearly what he actually promised.
    he's the grievance billionaire/president. some suggest he needs the fight more than he needs a wall.

Comment

• Fox News turning on Trump?

Like critters abandoning ship when they know it is gonna sink?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FN2.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	2907792

Name:	FN1.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	353.3 KB
ID:	2907791

Comment

• As expected, yesterday's unexpected revelation about Paul Manafort's Madrid meeting with a Russian intel operative to share confidential polling information is beginning to gain some attention.

What makes this situation even more remarkable is how it was revealed by Manafort's own defense team. That is, apparently they used a 'free' version of Adobe Acrobat to apply redactions to a court filing that contained sensitive information. However, the 'free' version redactions are easily un-redacted, which was exactly what happened. If they had used the 'pro' version, none of this information would have been made public, at least not now.

I am reminded of how the Watergate burglars were discovered during their break-in at the Democratic National Headquarters. They entered the building through a locked door in an underground garage. After picking the lock on the door, they put tape over the lock so that it would remain 'unlocked'. Later that evening, a security guard checked the door and noticed the tape, which caused the guard to call police and report a possible break-in in progress. The police came, found the burglars, arrested them, and the rest is history. If the burglars had not taped the door, then it's quite possible that they never would have been discovered and the entire Watergate Scandal never would have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post
          As expected, yesterday's unexpected revelation about Paul Manafort's Madrid meeting with a Russian intel operative to share confidential polling information is beginning to gain some attention.

What makes this situation even more remarkable is how it was revealed by Manafort's own defense team. That is, apparently they used a 'free' version of Adobe Acrobat to apply redactions to a court filing that contained sensitive information. However, the 'free' version redactions are easily un-redacted, which was exactly what happened. If they had used the 'pro' version, none of this information would have been made public, at least not now.

I am reminded of how the Watergate burglars were discovered during their break-in at the Democratic National Headquarters. They entered the building through a locked door in an underground garage. After picking the lock on the door, they put tape over the lock so that it would remain 'unlocked'. Later that evening, a security guard checked the door and noticed the tape, which caused the guard to call police and report a possible break-in in progress. The police came, found the burglars, arrested them, and the rest is history. If the burglars had not taped the door, then it's quite possible that they never would have been discovered and the entire Watergate Scandal never would have happened.
          To me, the question is what did the Trump campaign get in return for the data? I'm probably wrong, but I find it hard to believe that simply sharing their proprietary data with Russians would be a criminal act.

Did the Russians offer to use the data in an anti-Hillary blitz? Did they offer to "enhance" the data by integrating it with data they had? Did Manafort act on his own in an attempt to ingratiate himself with people he owed money to?

I remember after Trump became the presumptive nominee, the RNC complained vigorously that the Trump campaign refused to share their voter and polling data with the RNC. I always found that to be very odd.
          TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Apparently Trump walked out of this afternoon's meeting with Schumer and Pelosi after Pelosi said "no" to funding Trump's border wall.

Trump is truly acting as if he 'owns' this shutdown, and that he doesn't care about collateral damage to federal employees, their dependents, and to those who depend on providing goods and services to those employees. He is digging in.

Comment

• Just the reaction that one might expect from a narcissistic bully.

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Trump is truly acting as if he 'owns' this shutdown, and that he doesn't care about collateral damage to federal employees, their dependents, and to those who depend on providing goods and services to those employees. He is digging in.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                Just the reaction that one might expect from a narcissistic bully.

I'm sure it was easy for Trump to walk out and leave the lives of 800,000 government employees in turmoil, as he's completely lacking an empathy gene.

I would also suspect that Pelosi and Schumer weren't surprised by the move. Based on Trump's history in real estate, it seems like it's his SOP.
                TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Maybe the silver lining is parents all over america can point at trump and tell their kids "see anybody can be president."

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post
                    Apparently Trump walked out of this afternoon's meeting with Schumer and Pelosi after Pelosi said "no" to funding Trump's border wall.

It could be Rump's downfall (at least with this battle) or it could be the Dem's Achilles' heel.
                    WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• The gov throw SOL Coast Guard employees a life preserver. Problem is it may be made out of concrete.

Coast Guard families told they can have garage sales to cope with government shutdown

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                        Maybe the silver lining is parents all over america can point at trump and tell their kids "see anybody can be president."

Name:	Tump_anyonecanbepresiden.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2907975

Comment

• Never, ever ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	219.5 KB ID:	2908016

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...SaU.mp4?tag=11
                          Last edited by ManFromMoffat; Jan 10, 2019, 05:50 AM. Reason: Edited for the same reason a president may declare a national emergency -- because I can.

Comment

• ... and many of of them no doubt have rich, Corinthian leather ...

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	2908018

Comment

• Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
                              I read some pushback on the notion of the migrants having such powerful, advanced vehicles.

Mostly it was along the lines of "where are destitute migrants fleeing their homeland coming up with the money for high-end vehicles?.

It's obviously a complete lie from start to finish, but that's hardly news.

I really look forward to the day when our leaders actually try to do and say the right things. Left/right should be a philosophical, moral and financial difference of approach, not a licence to deceive.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

• And then there is this 'Walter Trump' con man character from 1958 something:

I am starting to believe in time travel now...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X