This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we surprised?

“While I’m fighting for the safety of our Nation and its citizens,” the email continues, “I need to know that you are fighting for me too.”

President Donald Trump's re-election campaign sent out an email asking for donations to fight the coronavirus.The email asked supporters to make a campaign contribution as the president oversaw efforts to fight the COVID-19 outbreak that has already claimed more than 9,500 lives."It's no secret that...

Comment

• somebody with the skill show that Blonde snorting hydroxycloroquine with the caption "Your President needs yous Bigly!
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Trump just WHO for disagreeing with his China travel ban and announces suspension of US financial support to WHO.

This dude's reckless response to this pandemic is gonna do more damage to America than all US enemies in history combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
          Trump just WHO for disagreeing with his China travel ban and announces suspension of US financial support to WHO.

This dude's reckless response to this pandemic is gonna do more damage to America than all US enemies in history combined.
          That's the latest theme, blame WHO. From Jan 3 to March 13 Trump did very little about the impending threat. That's WHO's fault? (A pun, wow) Trending now on all trump friendly news sites.
          I think Trump blocking 3M from exporting PPE to Canada and Latin America (even if temporary, appears 3M and diplomats talked them out of it) will do more to harm to the US internationally. Not a good look.

Comment

• he is a tone deaf street talking blonde who is screwing his country at tripple the going street rate, and it's letting him.
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

That's the latest theme, blame WHO. From Jan 3 to March 13 Trump did very little about the impending threat. That's WHO's fault? (A pun, wow) Trending now on all trump friendly news sites.
              I think Trump blocking 3M from exporting PPE to Canada and Latin America (even if temporary, appears 3M and diplomats talked them out of it) will do more to harm to the US internationally. Not a good look.
              So.... I went to Twitter to see a couple of clips of Trump announcing they would put a hold on funds to WHO.

The comments on those clips are.... surreal? There's a significant cohort of Americans who think that WHO is evil and/or controlled by China. "That's my president", and "the UN has to be next".

Early in the Trump administration there was a thread here about boycotting travel to the US. Back then I didn't want to give them my money, now they just plain scare me.

Oh yeah, and after trying to withhold the PPE, there's a new element of "fk them".
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

• Trump has removed the Inspector General who was to over see the distribution of $500B in emergency funds to business. Democrats insisted on this oversight before supporting the $2T relief package passed by Congress. At the bill signing, Trump declared he was not bound by provisions in the bill calling for this oversight. It is apparent that Trump sees these funds as a campaign slush fund to dispense taxpayer monies to favoured states, districts and counties to bolster his re-election.

In the pandemonium around the pandemic, the Democrats need to keep their eye on the ball. Trump will try to install an IG that will do his bidding or agree to oversight rules and processes that will not interfere with his and the RNC's objectives. This is very important and as patently corrupt as anything he has ever done since his swearing in. Federal money flooding into swing districts just before the election could be the crucial and decisive factor in deciding the election.

This should be an easy one to take on directly....he isn't even trying to hide it. His post-impeachment hubris is on full display.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

So.... I went to Twitter to see a couple of clips of Trump announcing they would put a hold on funds to WHO.

The comments on those clips are.... surreal? There's a significant cohort of Americans who think that WHO is evil and/or controlled by China. "That's my president", and "the UN has to be next".

Early in the Trump administration there was a thread here about boycotting travel to the US. Back then I didn't want to give them my money, now they just plain scare me.

Oh yeah, and after trying to withhold the PPE, there's a new element of "fk them".
                  Anti-UN sentiment in the US has been widespread for some time. Bush appointed Bolton as UN ambassador, a reflection of republican feelings.
                  As I recall the US hasn't paid much of what it owes to the UN in a decade, not sure of WHO was included in that or if those amounts still go unpaid.
                  As for WHO itself, much of the requests for investigations and allegations make we wonder if they know what the organization is. It's not an enforcement tool, it's not The Hague or Interpol.
                  As for the US, I doubt Canadians will refrain in mass. Much like 2008, Canadians are likely to come through this in better shape than the US. Lots of cheap real estate in the South will be for sale and Canadians will take advantage in good numbers. If Trump loses the election, relationships will be reset. So i see little change in Canadians visiting/wintering in the US.
                  But personally, I no longer go to the US unless I have to. I love many parts of the US but I don't see it as a place that I want to spend my money any longer. But I'm in the minority.

Comment

• This is where America is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                      yep we can see where this is all heading...wow....it's like watching a movie...somewhere along the line to November there has to be a death or severe illness of someone significant that might get in Trumps way....more of China too

Comment

• This is how a grift works...

You give big companies 500B bailout from the public coffer. They in return put out a piddly 1.5B to small businesses and get a co-conspirator to say nice things about the plan. The public, without knowing the big picture, applaud.

Comment

• Announcement That Beaker Will Be New Press Secretary Garners Widespread Approval

Comment

• Originally posted by par543 View Post

yep we can see where this is all heading...wow....it's like watching a movie...somewhere along the line to November there has to be a death or severe illness of someone significant that might get in Trumps way....more of China too
                            IMO, Trump is anticipating that mail-in voting will play a significant role in the 2020 election because the COVID-19 will not have resolved itself sufficiently and because there is enough time to prepare for it as an alternative to in-person voting. Trump wants to be able to attribute his 2020 loss to widespread mail-in voting fraud and to use this as the pretext to retaining power beyond his term. If that strategy fails, he will still be able to make such claims during his nightly broadcasts on Faux News or one his own cable network.

Comment

• WHO should be defunded and investigated. They were in China early. They knew there was person to person transmission and tried to help cover it up. The Chinese people deserve answers about what the CCP did. The world deserves answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by otherguy View Post
                                WHO should be defunded and investigated. They were in China early. They knew there was person to person transmission and tried to help cover it up. The Chinese people deserve answers about what the CCP did. The world deserves answers.
                                So you "defund" before you investigate?
                                As early as Jan 5 WHO stated their was risk of person to person transmission, although not "confirmed". That confirmation requires vigorous evidence.
                                As early as Jan 10 WHO sent out a emergency preparation memo which included reminding countries to check PPE inventories, screenings, prepare testing labs, etc.
                                China confirmed first person to person evidence in January 20. The US still did nothing for at least 10 days. Even what they did was fairly meaningless, a ban on foreigners who had travelled through China. A very partial travel ban on Jan 31 as I recall. By that time the US had already confirmed person to person transmission inside the US and had one or two deaths.
                                I understand more could have been done and arguably person to person transmission should have been deteched or confirmed earlier. But experts suspected it regardless. Confirmation requires detailed evidence.
                                But looking at the timelines what would the US have done earlier? Various NSC warnings and meetings did little to change Trump's narrative until mid-March.
                                Does anyone honestly believe if person to person transmission was confirmed on Jan 3 Trump would have behaved differently?
                                The possible risks and warnings to prepare were there for any health expert to assess.
                                What benefit does it serve China or WHO to cover it up?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X