Collapse

Well I won't be Voting PC

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
    How about "vote Liberal, you're really just voting for the party"? Doesn't it work both ways?

And frankly, have the PCs not shown themselves to be a disastrously disorganized and inept bunch of bunglers? I'm not sure the Liberals or PCs are parties I want to get behind on a "vote for the party" strategy.

Sadly, I see no other choice. I have to cast the protest vote. The Liberals and PCs can't be trusted to govern with competence or integrity. As far as we know, the only problem with the NDP would be policy. Policy can be fixed; horrific mismanagement -- both likely under the Liberals and PCs -- is a bigger problem.
    Well the pc’s haven’t demonstrated much about their abilities to govern in a long time. I agree that they have demonstrated a remarkable level of ineptitude in selecting a leader and getting elected. The liberals on the other hand are a well oiled machine in running election campaigns but are bumbling stumbling idiots when it comes time for governing.

Perhaps competence (or lack thereof) in campaigning is a poor predictor of governing performance? We are down to only bad choices at this stage.

Comment

• Ok, SHEEP, vote for The Fiberals or NDP, and see how that plays out
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
        Ok, SHEEP, vote for The Fiberals or NDP, and see how that plays out
        same can be said for Doug Ford. And how are we sheep? We wanted to vote PC, until they elected him.
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I couldn't ever go NDP but there's no way I can vote for Biff Tannen either.

Comment

"Don't be a sheep, do what I say instead"

smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
              Well, I guess those here that get up every morning and immediately search out Trump articles to post will now have another politician to have an obsesssive love/hate relationship with.
              What are you trying to say?
              WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• Nm, there's very little point to this debate... the people that can support a clown as big as him will not have their minds changed. Good luck Ontario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  Nm, there's very little point to this debate... the people that can support a clown as big as him will not have their minds changed. Good luck Ontario.
                  But who are you going to vote for instead?

I've already stared into the abyss, and after you get through the self-loathing, it gets better....
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Isn't "just vote for the party" a sheep strategy?

I think people have outlined valid reasons for not voting for specific parties. I don't think people are "sheep" for thinking about their vote and the reason why they would vote one way or not another.

I had planned on voting PC until they made Ford their leader. I think I would be playing the role of a "sheep" if I just accepted their choice and voted with them anyway.

And I don't see other people on here for whom "sheep" is a fair monicker. Many have said they have changed their votes. The only "sheep" would be anyone who votes for the same party over and over, and there don't seem to be a lot of those in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

But who are you going to vote for instead?

I've already stared into the abyss, and after you get through the self-loathing, it gets better....
                      It'll depend on what chance the NDP have... but it will be either them (in which case I'd be taking a chance on something different), or the devil I know and can continue to live with. As I've said, life is good for me in Ontario despite Wynne's efforts. I was ready to vote PC, but they literally put the one person up that I would never entrust with running this province.

Comment

• At one time or another I have voted for candidates from all 3 major parties.

This spring I supported Christine Elliot.

It seems that the provincial PC's are a party undergoing internal strife. There are the remainder of the centre (Red Tories) who preferred Elliot.

Then their are the farther right Conservatives. It appears that they turned on Patrick Brown when he tried to bring the party closer to the centre. Then they supported Doug Ford.

I cannot abide the Ford family, what they represent and how they have conducted their lives. Period. And the Fords while at City Hall proved themselves incapable of governing.

And the PC Party demonstrated their incompetence during the recent convention.

My only option this election is to support the NDP. Hope that they get into a minority position, which would probably last no more than 24 months and would certainly result in both the Liberals and Conservatives electing new leaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post

It'll depend on what chance the NDP have... but it will be either them (in which case I'd be taking a chance on something different), or the devil I know and can continue to live with. As I've said, life is good for me in Ontario despite Wynne's efforts. I was ready to vote PC, but they literally put the one person up that I would never entrust with running this province.
                          That's the kicker, I suppose. Right now the NDP are my lesser-of-putrid-evils choice, but if they don't stand a chance in my riding -- which is a strong likelihood -- I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't vote for Ford, but I don't see how I can vote for Wynne either. And I don't believe in opting out by not voting -- I think that's a useless protest.

I have never felt so screwed as a voter.

Comment

• For those espousing fiscal responsibility, I would encourage you to do your homework and see what parties have the best records. I hope Wynne steps down, a new set of eyes would be welcome running the province.

Comment

Why the insults? Really no need for that.
                              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                              Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                                At one time or another I have voted for candidates from all 3 major parties.

This spring I supported Christine Elliot.

It seems that the provincial PC's are a party undergoing internal strife. There are the remainder of the centre (Red Tories) who preferred Elliot.

Then their are the farther right Conservatives. It appears that they turned on Patrick Brown when he tried to bring the party closer to the centre. Then they supported Doug Ford.

I cannot abide the Ford family, what they represent and how they have conducted their lives. Period. And the Fords while at City Hall proved themselves incapable of governing.

And the PC Party demonstrated their incompetence during the recent convention.

My only option this election is to support the NDP. Hope that they get into a minority position, which would probably last no more than 24 months and would certainly result in both the Liberals and Conservatives electing new leaders.
                                I am completely aligned with you on all of this, except that I'd say that Michael Ford actually seems like a pretty reasonable person.

I would have felt very comfortable voting for Christine Elliot.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X