Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspicious phone call from ← Back to 437-886-79xx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious phone call from ← Back to 437-886-79xx

Had a suspicious call from a number with the above prefix. Tried to search online for info but not enough data registered to it yet. Anyone else had any odd calls from a number in that series?

First time was dead line.

Second time I was greeted with my name. Caller made an intro and started to say “what I do is come to your office....” I said “I don’t think so and hung up. He tried to call back again but I ignored the call.

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
    Had a suspicious call from a number with the above prefix. Tried to search online for info but not enough data registered to it yet. Anyone else had any odd calls from a number in that series?

First time was dead line.

Second time I was greeted with my name. Caller made an intro and started to say “what I do is come to your office....” I said “I don’t think so and hung up. He tried to call back again but I ignored the call.
    Had a similar, almost-sinister sounding call from a woman, late Monday I believe. She used a name like Francis Lee and said, "You don't know me ... what I do is come to your office and take suit measurements ...".

Me: "Thanks, not interested." ... boom.

Sometimes worry that just because you answered, they have a way to charge you hundreds of dollars.
    WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Hopefully they don't try to record voices to somehow utilize for criminal activities.
      D: Adams XTD ti 10.5*
      F: PING Rapture V2 4 wood
      F: PING G2 7 wood
      H: PING G 4 hybrid
      I: PING K 15 5 - PW
      W: PING MB 52*(bent to 50*)
      W: PING MB 54*
      W: PING MB 60*(bent to 58*)
      P: PING Anser TR 1966

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

Had a similar, almost-sinister sounding call from a woman, late Monday I believe. She used a name like Francis Lee and said, "You don't know me ... what I do is come to your office and take suit measurements ...".

Me: "Thanks, not interested." ... boom.

Sometimes worry that just because you answered, they have a way to charge you hundreds of dollars.
        That was my concern too.

Comment

area code 437 is somewhere in the GTA
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Spammers just keep coming, no matter what you do they will keep coming, I just pour another drink and have fun with them..

Comment

I am unclear how the recoding of my F Off can be used for crime. It’s not like we had a full conversation!
              Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
              Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
              Nike 23 degree hybrid
              Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
              Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
              Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Geez, if we get a report on TGN, every time a member gets a spam phone call, the thread will be longer than the Trump file.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                  Hopefully they don't try to record voices to somehow utilize for criminal activities.
                  Nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                    Geez, if we get a report on TGN, every time a member gets a spam phone call, the thread will be longer than the Trump file.
                    Trump ... er Rump! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                      area code 437 is somewhere in the GTA
                      The Google says T.O. Didn't know it had a third area code.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

The Google says T.O. Didn't know it had a third area code.
                        It's a landline phone number operated by Fibernetics Corporation of Kitchener who are on rfile with the BBA for apparently carrying all those annoying to some CRA scam calls.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 164,151   Posts: 1,717,516   Members: 45,682   Active Members: 198
                        Welcome to our newest member, Mike M67.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X