Collapse

Justin Trudeau government term 1

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Sorry - didn't mean to dump on you, it was just the convenient post I was reading. Shoulda quoted Touriq
    Mike (mpare) who is funding the scientific research on climate change?

I posted the wrong quote, sorry!
    Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

• Originally posted by TourIQ View Post

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• I haven't checked the funding sources, but if you're suggesting that their results are skewed because they're beholding to their financial masters, then I'm not buying it. For one thing, this is not the equivalent of the tobacco industry, years ago, trying to buy scientific opinions that exonerated them. More to the point, the major report published by the US government under Trump's command put the lie to the positions advanced by the climate change naysayers. If you have a case to make that the majority of the scientific community working on climate change has been bought off, then please spell out that case. Otherwise, I'll repose my trust in the people who know about and have closely studied the subject.

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
          In today`s Star:

Who to believe? The claims of politicians or the research of those who have studied the subject for years?
          Never trust a politician is what I always hear.....I guess you can add in it all depends on what party is pitching the lie.

I believe in climate change and agree we need to start looking at alternatives to effectively reduce our carbon footprint that does not hurt/punish us to do so. As I am neither a politician or scientist and only a tax payer I would like to read/hear definitive proof that carbon tax is the most effective method in reducing carbon emissions.

The problem I have is there is equal amount of pro/con reports like this out there. such as this from 2016;

What carbon pricing pioneers have yet to prove, however, is that it can deliver on its potential. To date most carbon prices remain low — “virtually valueless”
          2 years old but the full article here

In theory, billing polluters for every ton of carbon they unleash should cut emissions. Instead results are disappointing and carbon penalties are cheaper
          In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
          Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
          Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
          Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
          Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
          Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
          Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
          --------
          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Which province in Canada has had the strongest economy over the last 10 years? Which province has a carbon tax?

Comment

• Looking at Canada as a WHOLE based on GDP per capita reports indicate NWT is doing the best as of April 2017

The Northwest Territories has the highest and the Prince Edward Island has the lowest GDP per capita in Canada.
              In the Bag

--------
              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                Looking at Canada as a WHOLE based on GDP per capita reports indicate NWT is doing the best as of April 2017

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...apita-gdp.html
                Is it because they have a carbon tax?

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

don't think they do yet, I can only guess the original poster was trying to narrow it down to PROVINCES only in order to support the argument for Carbon tax.
                  In the Bag

--------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Tell TD Bank

BC is expected to lead economic growth this year, sharing the podium with a still-recovering Alberta. This will mark a slowdown in growth following several gangbuster years. A weakening in the province’s housing markets and increasing evidence of capacity constraints are the main reasons for the anticipated deceleration. Still, armed with healthy fundamentals (evidenced in broad-based growth across industries) and a strong demographic profile, BC should see above-trend growth of 2.4% in 2018.
                    On the labour market front, indicators are strongly pointing to tightening conditions. BC’s unemployment rate is the lowest in Canada, averaging just below 5% this year, while the province’s job vacancy rate, at 4.2%, is the highest. Indeed, according to the Bank of Canada’s Business Outlook Survey, BC is amongst the top in the country in both physical and labour constraints. With workers harder to come by, job growth has slowed. This, accompanied by above-average wage growth, is strong evidence that the economy is running at full employment.

The tight labour market should translate into higher consumer spending. Retail sales have gone up a healthy 3.8% year-to-date relative to last year. We expect this to continue over the forecast horizon, with sales supported by income growth, which will get an additional boost from scheduled increases in the minimum wage.

The economy’s current weakest link is undoubtedly its housing market. The compounding effects of affordability and rising rates, in addition to provincial regulations, are weighing on sales and residential investment. Year-to-date home sales in the province are down a drastic 20% relative to last year, driven by the GVA market. A slowdown in housing is a long time coming, and while some improvement is likely, this sector is unlikely to be the supportive force it has been over the past several years.

The good news is that non-residential construction may add some offset, supported by the Site C Dam project. A key upside to the province is a potential $40 billion LNG Canada terminal investment in Kitimat awaiting a final investment decision. Any materialization of this project should have a significant broad-based impact, in addition to easing up the currently depressed Canadian natural gas prices.

Anyway - you can go back to posting memes from "Ontario Proud" again
                    Last edited by IrishGuy1979; Oct 11, 2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Because they have diamonds?
                      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	rpirb.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2875420
                        In the Bag

--------
                        Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Because they have diamonds?
                          Oh probably. I was just laughing about the poster trying to make the point that a province's economy is booming because they have a carbon tax.

Comment

• The irony of someone who posts and laughs at terrible memes (in a thread he created purely because he didn't like the nasty things said in another thread about the former Ward 2 councillor of Toronto) - whilst simultaneously misinterpreting (or simply misread) other peoples posts so that he can spin a story his way - calling someone a troll

Comment

• Ooops

Everything about Andrew Scheer’s visit to India is designed to strike a contrast with Justin Trudeau’s disastrous subcontinental sojourn in February.

Everything about Andrew Scheer’s visit to India is designed to strike a contrast with Justin Trudeau’s disastrous subcontinental sojourn in February.

Instead of Mr. Trudeau’s cringe-worthy Bollywood wardrobe, Mr. Scheer is touring the country in a well-tailored business suit.

The Conservative leader is shunning pious photo ops at prominent temples and has not yet been filmed dancing.

If anyone was in danger of missing the point, Mr. Scheer has been happy to drive it home in interviews with Canadian media, repeating the word “serious” like a tic in an unsubtle effort to throw Mr. Trudeau’s jaunt into relief.

The prospect of the Opposition chief using his time in India for partisan point-scoring has loomed since this summer, when the visit was announced as a bid to “repair” the damage Mr. Trudeau had wrought. The possibility irked then. It has been even more grating to see Mr. Scheer go through with it.

Opposition leaders are entitled to travel for research – indeed, it’s a good idea, in case they find themselves in power one day – but they have no business running a parallel foreign policy or trying to undermine their country’s leader with veiled jabs on foreign soil.

But that is just what Mr. Scheer is doing – just as he did on a similar trip to Britain earlier this year. Speaking from New Delhi, he proudly told reporters about touting his plan to revive the Energy East pipeline and ship more Canadian oil to India in a private conversation with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The Tory Leader also told Mr. Modi he would prioritize free trade with India – an implicit contrast with the Liberal government’s approach.

None of this is exactly presidential candidate Richard Nixon throwing a “monkey wrench” in Vietnam peace talks in 1968 – the nadir of opposition pols meddling in foreign affairs. Mr. Scheer’s interventions in India have been relatively tame.

Even so, his visit has to be classed a failure. The Conservative Leader’s goal was to show how different he is from Mr. Trudeau by conducting a sober foreign trip free of shallow domestic politics. He managed to do the opposite.

Comment

Oh probably. I was just laughing about the poster trying to make the point that a province's economy is booming because they have a carbon tax.
                                Despite one maybe?
                                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X