Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Toronto raptors . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Another 9 View Post
    Ya not really. Green was -17 in his 16 minutes before he got nailed to the bench
    Good lord, the plus / minus stat? It is really useless in short time periods like a single game.

Here is a question. After 5 minutes of play the entire Raptors starting 5 where all -14 (except Siakam was -4 and Powell who subbed for him was -10). So who was defensively responsible? Was Green -14 the same as Kawhi at -14 the same as Gasol and Lowry at -14?

Watch the first 5 minutes of the game again and tell me how many points the Bucks scored due to poor defense by Green? The answer is arguably none. He possibly could have rotated better to stop Giannis coming down the lane for 2 points but even then the best he could have done was foul him and possibly give up a 3 point play.

The plus / minus stat in a single game is worthless out of context.

He got limited because his shooting is ice cold, which is reason enough in a game when you need points and FVV is hot. But his defense was fine, if you want to to argue that then point out specific plays where he cost the Raptors points.

Comment

• Great game, a couple of close ref calls at the end that went the way of the Raps. Helped. Looking forward to Saturday. Quick rant, the last 10 minutes on the clock took over 30 minutes to play. I wish the NBA would experiment with letting the players play rather than having 10 stoppages in the last 5 minutes. And this game isn't the worst, many are longer. People have complained about this for decades but the more I watched the NBA this season, the more frustrating it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
        Great game, a couple of close ref calls at the end that went the way of the Raps. Helped. Looking forward to Saturday. Quick rant, the last 10 minutes on the clock took over 30 minutes to play. I wish the NBA would experiment with letting the players play rather than having 10 stoppages in the last 5 minutes. And this game isn't the worst, many are longer. People have complained about this for decades but the more I watched the NBA this season, the more frustrating it is.
        We finally agree on something .

The last 5 minutes of an NBA game is worse than the last 2 minutes of a close NFL game. Though I don't know how they fix it. Free throw shot clock? Shorter time outs? Turn intentional fouls into technicals? Doubtful. There seems to be no good solution.

Kawhi might be the best player in the league, at the very least he's in the top 3. It would be incredible if he resigned, but for now I'm going to ride the wave. #KingOfTheNorth

very glad the raps won tonight, now we have 2 chances at a finals birth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

We finally agree on something .

The last 5 minutes of an NBA game is worse than the last 2 minutes of a close NFL game. Though I don't know how they fix it. Free throw shot clock? Shorter time outs? Turn intentional fouls into technicals? Doubtful. There seems to be no good solution.

Kawhi might be the best player in the league, at the very least he's in the top 3. It would be incredible if he resigned, but for now I'm going to ride the wave. #KingOfTheNorth

very glad the raps won tonight, now we have 2 chances at a finals birth.
          One method is to limit each team to one time out each in the last 2mins. Better yet, the last 5. That will only cut the time in half because they will likely still get two tv timeouts (in the last 5mins) if the game is broadcast, which most are now. I think it would be better, I am happy to watch them play rather than huddle every minute.

Comment

• Raps have shown Giannis is the 2nd best player on the floor ...and while on the #1 all NBA team,in no way shape or form is the freak a better player than KD,LJ,SC or KL.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

Good lord, the plus / minus stat? It is really useless in short time periods like a single game.

Here is a question. After 5 minutes of play the entire Raptors starting 5 where all -14 (except Siakam was -4 and Powell who subbed for him was -10). So who was defensively responsible? Was Green -14 the same as Kawhi at -14 the same as Gasol and Lowry at -14?

Watch the first 5 minutes of the game again and tell me how many points the Bucks scored due to poor defense by Green? The answer is arguably none. He possibly could have rotated better to stop Giannis coming down the lane for 2 points but even then the best he could have done was foul him and possibly give up a 3 point play.

The plus / minus stat in a single game is worthless out of context.

He got limited because his shooting is ice cold, which is reason enough in a game when you need points and FVV is hot. But his defense was fine, if you want to to argue that then point out specific plays where he cost the Raptors points.
              You must have overlooked his 21 points OVER THE ENTIRE 5 GAMES! Or the fact that Nurse benched him for the 4th quarter and he played only 16 minutes in the most important game of the Raptors history. There’s no defending his terrible play on both ends. If you’re ignoring stats and going to look at specific plays then you are entitled to your own opinion.

From Raptors Republic:

“D. Green16 MIN, 0 PTS, 1 REB, 0 AST, 1 STL, 0-3 FG, 0-3 3FG, 0-0 FT, 0 BLK, 0 TO, -17 +/-
              Maybe Danny is hurt. I don’t know anymore. But he’s not giving the Raptors much of anything, and they could really use him if he can find a way back to being impactful, even just on the defensive end of the floor.”

Anyway let’s ’just enjoy the win
              Last edited by Another 9; May 24, 2019, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• The refs made the right calls on those two plays at the end and proper reviews. Nice to get calls right. Interesting to see the shooting stats where the Raptors shot 36.9% but 41% from 3 & got to the foul line significantly more then Milwaukee. They had 4 turnovers in the first 5-6 minutes and then only 2 the rest of the way too. They played outstanding.

Got to give it to Drake watching the game in Jurassic Park (and not just a token appearance). Say what you want about him, but he is a FAN.

Comment

• With defence,Lowery & bench playing respectably,Kewhi can be the icing on the cake,not the whole cake.I think they have the formula.Now just put their foot on the Bucks throat.

Comment

• I run out of superlatives to describe Kawhi's performance in the playoff.

Raptors finishing off the Bucks on Saturday night would allow me to breathe.

Comment

You must have overlooked his 21 points OVER THE ENTIRE 5 GAMES! Or the fact that Nurse benched him for the 4th quarter and he played only 16 minutes in the most important game of the Raptors history. There’s no defending his terrible play on both ends. If you’re ignoring stats and going to look at specific plays then you are entitled to your own opinion.

From Raptors Republic:

“D. Green16 MIN, 0 PTS, 1 REB, 0 AST, 1 STL, 0-3 FG, 0-3 3FG, 0-0 FT, 0 BLK, 0 TO, -17 +/-
                      Maybe Danny is hurt. I don’t know anymore. But he’s not giving the Raptors much of anything, and they could really use him if he can find a way back to being impactful, even just on the defensive end of the floor.”

Yes the win should and is being enjoyed. Yes Green has been horrible offensively, I never questioned that. Absolutely not has Green been horrible defensively, which was my entire point.

Comment

• Yes...yes... and yes

https://streamable.com/7vqrf

Comment

From Raptors Republic:

the other part your missing is Green is coming off the bench. He's literally being used to defend when our top players need a rest. Yes his offence sucks lately and he's shooting bricks... but if it wasnt for him the raps would have a much larger hole every time they give the starters a rest.
                          Driver - Taylormade M1 Kuro Kage stiff 10.5
                          5 wood - X hot stiff
                          3 Hybrid - R15 stiff
                          Irons - 4-AW RSI1 Stiff
                          Wedge - 56 MD tour grind
                          Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Taylormade OS Daytona

Comment

• Game 6....Raps...110....Bucks...96

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post

the other part your missing is Green is coming off the bench. He's literally being used to defend when our top players need a rest. Yes his offence sucks lately and he's shooting bricks... but if it wasnt for him the raps would have a much larger hole every time they give the starters a rest.
                              I believe he has started virtually every game, including last night. I'm buoyed by the fact we're up while Danny isn't anywhere near the top of his game. But like FVV showed and Nurse suggested, the law of averages will catch up and Danny will come up big at some point soon. He's too good a player to keep putting up puny numbers.

Comment

• I only saw the first quarter, and expected the Raps would lose last night. I was (happily) surprised they won; watching the morning highlights I realize I missed a great game. It's unreal that they may actually make the Final Saturday night....let's hope they do it.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 172,565   Posts: 1,802,484   Members: 46,981   Active Members: 252
                                Welcome to our newest member, guostong.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X