Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Toronto raptors . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoooooo!!!

This team just never gives up, and I'm sure adding the seasoned vets is critical to that. Kawhi, Gasol, Danny - they've all been there before and they stay calm and that helps the rest of the team to keep their heads.

I loved DD and JV and it really hurt to see them go, but.... it's made all the difference.

FVV back to being huge off the bench (and just in time). Now it's only Danny who's cold. I would have bet he'd turn it around last night, but I'm still sure he will very soon.

Gonna be up in Craigleith with no TV on Thursday.

Anyone able to recommend a good sports bar or similar to watch the game in Blue Mountain Village?
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      Woohoooooo!!!

This team just never gives up, and I'm sure adding the seasoned vets is critical to that. Kawhi, Gasol, Danny - they've all been there before and they stay calm and that helps the rest of the team to keep their heads.

I loved DD and JV and it really hurt to see them go, but.... it's made all the difference.

FVV back to being huge off the bench (and just in time). Now it's only Danny who's cold. I would have bet he'd turn it around last night, but I'm still sure he will very soon.

Gonna be up in Craigleith with no TV on Thursday.

Anyone able to recommend a good sports bar or similar to watch the game in Blue Mountain Village?
      No TV or internet? I'm sure there is an NBA stream on Reddit. That's how my kids watch sports. Only I pay for cable.

Comment

• A super high last night. Kawhi is just plain spectacular. Siakam and Lowry made many plays down the stretch. Gasol sunk those two big 3s. FVV continues to roll. Green's funk continues. Still think he'll break out if it.

I think the Warriors will start with Draymond on Siakam and Thompson on Kawhi. But with switches galore that only lasts so long. If Durant and Cousins don't make the party I like our chances. Hoping our 8 can outplay the ball movement and shooting they bring. Regardless, hoping for a great series.

Comment

• The more I look at stats the more I believe it's not just about how many but when in a game.Hitting only two 3's in a game for a player may not be much but when he does it may well be .
          Last edited by Par90; May 26, 2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

No TV or internet? I'm sure there is an NBA stream on Reddit. That's how my kids watch sports. Only I pay for cable.
            It's a pretty humble chalet we'll be staying at, and the owners don't want their kids wasting time online - so no tv, no internet. I could use phone data, but there's also going to be 6 guys wanting to watch - it's a group thing.
            ...Iggy

Comment

It's a pretty humble chalet we'll be staying at, and the owners don't want their kids wasting time online - so no tv, no internet. I could use phone data, but there's also going to be 6 guys wanting to watch - it's a group thing.
              I am sure Collingwood must have sports bars.

Comment

• Originally posted by High cut View Post

Yeah, I guess....

Comment was written after the old guy was celebrating big time, the players were good.... I'll acknowledge that.

Might be the hockey guy in me but I'm always focused on the next step..... until there isn't one. Not saying that's right but......

Pretty cool accomplishment though.....
                Enjoy the moment!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post
                  First Toronto franchise to play in a championship game since 93. If only the Leafs had got past Boston, we'd have two in the same year.
                  While the road would have been open, I could see Leafs losing to the Blue Jackets or Carolina. I wasn't sold on the team this year.

Comment

In the village proper, Rusty’s and Jozo’s will most certainly have the game on. Wild Wing too. In town, either Boston Pizza or St. Louis have tons of screens and would be a good choice. If you’re going to town and plan on having some bevvys, use Ace Cab as the OPP have been ramping up the frequency of their RIDE programs.
                    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

• Nick Nurse new Canada coach. Hopefully they all show up and play the way they can. Be a nice way to get Wiggins back on track. Oh and go Team Canada this afternoon on the ice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

In the village proper, Rusty’s and Jozo’s will most certainly have the game on. Wild Wing too. In town, either Boston Pizza or St. Louis have tons of screens and would be a good choice. If you’re going to town and plan on having some bevvys, use Ace Cab as the OPP have been ramping up the frequency of their RIDE programs.
                        Perfect - will either have a DD or do the cab thing (is Uber good up there?).
                        ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post
                          First Toronto franchise to play in a championship game since 93. If only the Leafs had got past Boston, we'd have two in the same year.
                          Guna assume this take is of the big 4 sports in North America considering TFC played in back to back MLS Cup finals in 16 and 17, and also won it in 17..and also breaking a long time MLS record in doing so

Comment

• Interesting debate topic that arose among a group of friends while watching the game (12 of us) in which I was pretty surprised that it was split down the middle.

If you could pick one of the following two scenarios which would it be:

Toronto beats GSW to win the NBA finals but Kawhi leaves in the off-season ..or

Toronto loses to GSW in the finals, but Kawhi signs long term

Comment

• Given the chance, people can be very nice, even when cheering for opposing teams.

https://apple.news/Ax-vErvr3TO2nqFbsR9yE4Q
                              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybee View Post
                                Interesting debate topic that arose among a group of friends while watching the game (12 of us) in which I was pretty surprised that it was split down the middle.

If you could pick one of the following two scenarios which would it be:

Toronto beats GSW to win the NBA finals but Kawhi leaves in the off-season ..or

Toronto loses to GSW in the finals, but Kawhi signs long term
                                I would take the championship. I'd rather Kawhi play 1 year and win a championship then him playing 6+ and never winning one here.

Hoping they win the championship and he resigns though.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 169,464   Posts: 1,772,307   Members: 46,351   Active Members: 267
                                Welcome to our newest member, SeaSquared.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X