Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Toronto raptors . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chambokl
    replied
    Well the Raptors are playing at home Christmas Day vs the Celtics. Lots of good games and NO Knicks or Nets . . .

Leave a comment:

• par345
    replied
    Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
    Well the negotiating will begin shortly. It seems Kyrie is going to Nets and Kemba to Boston . . . hope we have some good next few days . . .
    Word is Kawhi will still be having meetings July 2...no rush apparently

Leave a comment:

• Chambokl
    replied
    Well the negotiating will begin shortly. It seems Kyrie is going to Nets and Kemba to Boston . . . hope we have some good next few days . . .

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied
    Saw a clip from Inside The Green Room, Danny Green's podcast.

Apparently on stage he told Gasol, "you better get your s**t together, you're sitting beside the prime mininster"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1142535417029431298
    Last edited by Pingeye2_fan; Jun 28, 2019, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bogey5
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Maybe not, but does that really matter? He's made something like $156 million already, plus who knows how much in endorsements. So.... another 25 vs what - maybe 20 from some other team? Add it all up and you retire with $175 or 180 lifetime, which are fairly equal.

I don't know about him and I don't know about you, but I know I'd go for the glory and the rings if I had that choice (sadly, I don't and it's not even close....). And since he's not a kid, his remaining chances are dwindling.

Dunno if you noticed, but he appeared to be enjoying the parade. A lot!

I thought he said in some interview "If Kawhi stays, I'll stay, if not... I'll look around".

Does he like it here? I believe he does.
    Is there a top contender out there with a spot for him right now? I don't know but maybe he looked around and he knows.
    Does exercising the $25m option mean KL is gonna sign here? It'd be great if it comes to be but ....
    I think he made a good decision for him and his family. If KL returns that's a bonus for him (and the rest of us).
    If KL's not back and/or Raps aren't contending maybe Masai has told him he'll do what he can to move him in season to get him another shot at a ring.
    Having said all that I'll be more surprised if KL leaves than if he stays at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius Reilly
    replied
    Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

He's not a kid. Are there other teams out there that would pay him $25.6m if he didn't exercise the option?
    Maybe not, but does that really matter? He's made something like $156 million already, plus who knows how much in endorsements. So.... another 25 vs what - maybe 20 from some other team? Add it all up and you retire with $175 or 180 lifetime, which are fairly equal.

I don't know about him and I don't know about you, but I know I'd go for the glory and the rings if I had that choice (sadly, I don't and it's not even close....). And since he's not a kid, his remaining chances are dwindling.

Dunno if you noticed, but he appeared to be enjoying the parade. A lot!

I thought he said in some interview "If Kawhi stays, I'll stay, if not... I'll look around".

Leave a comment:

• par345
    replied

I thought Marc would wait to see if Kawhi was staying here.

Perhaps.... they've been...... talking?
    Masai + Gasol looks like a KL slam dunk for at least 1 more year

Leave a comment:

• bogey5
    replied

He's not a kid. Are there other teams out there that would pay him $25.6m if he didn't exercise the option?

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius Reilly
    replied
    Originally posted by par345 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gasol.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	544.4 KB
ID:	2993933

Leave a comment:

• par345
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gasol.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	544.4 KB
ID:	2993933
    Last edited by par345; Jun 26, 2019, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied
    Here's a great replay of the game 7 buzzer beater.

https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/1143236783699894274

Leave a comment:

• dlam
    replied
    Masai won it before when he was the Denver GM
    Heís done a tremendous job while with the Raptors. I donít think heís made a bad trade

Leave a comment:

• par345
    replied
    Originally posted by nomullies View Post
    Apparently Masai finished 4th in voting for exec of the year? Um, ok.
    Yeah seems weird but I think all the voting was done by mid April.The Milwaukee guy who won looked good at that point.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied
    Apparently Masai finished 4th in voting for exec of the year? Um, ok.

Leave a comment:

• Chambokl
    replied
    Well Kawhi meeting the Clippers on July 2nd . . . He should meet with other teams . . . but at the end . . .

Leave a comment:

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 172,565   Posts: 1,802,484   Members: 46,981   Active Members: 252
Welcome to our newest member, guostong.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors