• Are You Ready for SUPER SATURDAY?

Overloading the PVR today:

- Masters Tournament
    - Blue Jays
    - TFC
    - Raptors
    - Leafs
    - Marlies

Will watch all the Masters Coverage and Leaf game, no interest in the others.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I just hope that The Masters finish on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        I just hope that The Masters finish on Sunday.
        A Monday finish would also mean a lot more rain on already soft greens which takes some of the fun out of things.

Maybe they start early Sunday to avoid a storm.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

A Monday finish would also mean a lot more rain on already soft greens which takes some of the fun out of things.

Yeah. They normally tee off at 11 am on the weekend. Maybe they will break tradition and start early. But it all depends on when the storm starts and lasts till.

Comment

The underground drainage system at ANGC is incredible....huge system of drains that directs and collects the water quickly.

Greens are not a big concern as they all have a state of the art sub air system that sucks moisture out of them. Even with large amounts of rain in short period of time the course will still be great in short order. 2 years ago when I was there they had 4 inches of rain in a day, ( Wednesday ) on top of lots of rain in the preceding weeks. The course was closed at noon Wednsday and open for play and in excellent shape on the Thursday.

One of the main concerns with large amounts of rain is the area off the course itself and safety of patrons, with the severe slopes , it becomes muddy and dangerous. They lay down gren absorption material and tons of pine straw to help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
              Will watch all the Masters Coverage and Leaf game, no interest in the others.
              I'm working until 2, get home about 3 just in time to plant my butt on the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I'm working until 2, get home about 3 just in time to plant my butt on the couch!
                Im already in that position

Comment

Im already in that position

Comment

We rented TV service for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My wife and I will continue watching the Masters today and Sunday. If Accuweather's forecast is correct, today at ANGC looks good, and Sunday's concern are afternoon T-showers. Hopefully, they'll break with tradition and tee off early on Sunday. I'll catch the Leafs and the Raptors when I'm able.
                    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

The underground drainage system at ANGC is incredible....huge system of drains that directs and collects the water quickly.

Greens are not a big concern as they all have a state of the art sub air system that sucks moisture out of them. Even with large amounts of rain in short period of time the course will still be great in short order. 2 years ago when I was there they had 4 inches of rain in a day, ( Wednesday ) on top of lots of rain in the preceding weeks. The course was closed at noon Wednsday and open for play and in excellent shape on the Thursday.

One of the main concerns with large amounts of rain is the area off the course itself and safety of patrons, with the severe slopes , it becomes muddy and dangerous. They lay down gren absorption material and tons of pine straw to help with this.
                      They can pull water away from the surface. But when I see a hilite of Kuchar hitting a low flying hybrid off a downhill lie into a par 5 that bounces then stops like a short iron, I think they're too soft to put much fear in their minds like Augusta can/should. I think it's more fun to watch when the greens have a bit of fire in them. So if they go to Monday that means more rain and the greens stay too soft imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                        We rented TV service for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My wife and I will continue watching the Masters today and Sunday. If Accuweather's forecast is correct, today at ANGC looks good, and Sunday's concern are afternoon T-showers. Hopefully, they'll break with tradition and tee off early on Sunday. I'll catch the Leafs and the Raptors when I'm able.

We might have Breakfast at Augusta tomorrow like they have Breakfast at Wimbledon.

For church goers, you can go tonight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	2951863

Comment

Just announced the CBS telecast will start at 9, the leaders will go off about then. Breakfast at Augusta it is.

Comment

Just announced the CBS telecast will start at 9, the leaders will go off about then. Breakfast at Augusta it is.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	864.3 KB
ID:	2951885

Comment

Amazed that they’re willing to send guys off the back. How many times has that happened?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X