Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal Tire Changing and Storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ondadl
    started a topic Seasonal Tire Changing and Storage

Seasonal Tire Changing and Storage

Condo living and Kal Tire has quoted 50/tire changeover (same rims) and $120/season storage...so $640/year. Is this the going rate?

• ripley502
    replied
    Originally posted by synergy View Post

A case of beer is $38.95 in Ontario, so not sure what you're saving by having your buddy do them.
    Where's Douggie's "buck a beer"?😁

Leave a comment:

• synergy
    replied
    Originally posted by jaybee View Post
    If you are friends with someone who has the tools for changing tires and usually does their own, would ask them if they wouldn't mind adding yours to the list. Let them know a case of beer is waiting for them at the end! Usually gets the trick done in most cases
    A case of beer is $38.95 in Ontario, so not sure what you're saving by having your buddy do them.

Leave a comment:

• nearace
    replied
    Originally posted by jaybee View Post
    If you are friends with someone who has the tools for changing tires and usually does their own, would ask them if they wouldn't mind adding yours to the list. Let them know a case of beer is waiting for them at the end! Usually gets the trick done in most cases
    Lol,I do mine in the driveway, usually pretty tired after and would not want to do any more than my own .

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    $50.00 per wheel is outrageous. I get all four done for $45.00 and seasonal storage for $98 at a Tire Craft in Richmond Hill. So about $300.00 per year. https://richmond-hill.cdncompanies.c...richmond-hill/

I used to do my own wheel storage but when we got an SUV, I found lifting the heavier tires onto a raised storage shelf very difficult. Put my back out at the beginning of golf season.

Not doing that again!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jaybee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bdybldr
    replied
    I go to my local guy, Viselco Ltd, for ~$100 a season. ~$200 total/year.

Leave a comment:

• wongmb
    replied
    Depends on what type of wheels OP has, if its exotic or huge size wheels, then the cost will be higher but still $50 per wheel sounds excessive (unless talking about $50 per year so 2 swaps ?)

Going rate is $100-150 for storage and tire swap (installation and balancing) is about $20 per tire (18" rim). Smaller size cheaper and vice versa

Leave a comment:

• Section ThirtyOne
    replied
    My experience has been that Kal Tire is the most expensive for everything.

I'd shop around and see if you can't find a better rate.

Leave a comment:

• dlnljl
    replied
    I have my winter tires on a set of plain black steel rims. The summers stay on the regular rims. The place I use charges $25.00 per tire when changed (includes balancing each time). And then $60.00 to store them for the season. Well worth not having to worry about changing and storing them myself.

Leave a comment:

• mcgsxr
    replied
    I used to store my own rims during the off season. But I found it heavy work, and when we got rid of our mini van I could no longer carry all 8 in one vehicle when it came time to do the swap over.

I find the $ well worth the convenience.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    I pay $40 to swap tires. Have separate rims for winters. Itís $80 if you donít. $200 is silly

Leave a comment:

• nearace
    replied
    When you have no room to store your tires, convince should figure in the cost somewhere imo.

Leave a comment:

• synergy
    replied
    I pay about $40 to swap wheels (on rims), and about $100-$120 for storage. One day Iíll install heavy duty racks in the garage as this should pay for itself.

Leave a comment:

• mcgsxr
    replied
    Local mechanic charges 100 per year for storage and 30 per seasonal swap.

Leave a comment:

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 168,592   Posts: 1,764,460   Members: 46,238   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, vansunet.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors