/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Justin Trudeau government term 2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Trudeau government term 2

OK, the election is over and he has another mandate, of sorts, different ball park and a different assortment of opponents.

By and large, the issues remain the same, including, climate change and carbon tax, regions and governments hostile to the liberals and their agenda, etc., etc., etc., and others like the Lavalin affair are not buried. Significant western alienation and a strengthened Quebec presence could be game changers.

JT, is also not riding the popularity wave he did in the beginning of the first term - his reputation is sullied to say the least. He is going to have to share the sand box with others if he wants anything done, including members of his own Cabinet.

Figured we could use a dedicated thread for this next phase. No shortage of issues or perspectives.

First on the agenda....any thoughts on the make up of the new Cabinet? Morneau and Freelander for sure.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Too Bad re: Jane P. In a minority government she would have been a great House Leader.
    As for the Cabinet, yes, Morneau, Freeland. I would add Mckenna. Also Naveep (very loyal to Trudeau), Harjan, Mary Ng - you do need a Chinese there after all. I also expect to see some new faces like Mondecino, and Sorbara to be elevated.

Comment

Hopefully this thread turns out to be shorter than the first one. I'd like to see JT the ole Chameleon get go sooner.
      Only a liberal gets away with black face, brown face, dress like an Indian, dress like a sikh and dress like a Native. If Doug Ford did that they'd be screaming for his head.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman View Post
        Hopefully this thread turns out to be shorter than the first one. I'd like to see JT the ole Chameleon get go sooner.
        Only a liberal gets away with black face, brown face, dress like an Indian, dress like a sikh and dress like a Native. If Doug Ford did that they'd be screaming for his head.

I could have sworn I heard on this site screaming for JT's head on a number of these issues.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post

I could have sworn I heard on this site screaming for JT's head on a number of these issues.
          I think he means only the Liberal supporters.
          We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
          Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
          Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
          Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
          Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
          Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
          Srixon Star XV
          Ogio Grom bag

Comment

It is what it is. Ill keep going to work and having fun outsode of work. Government wont stop me from enjoyong myself and living my life.

Gotten quiet here after the hammer fell on some idiots. Lol

Comment

If, in 2/3 years, if Trudeau gets a majority government, quite a few on this site will get a heart attack. I was a long time supporter/contributor to PC causes. Unfortunately or fortunately, the younger people in my company as well as the actions of the Fords, the latter years Harper make me rethink my position.

I am not a huge fan of Trudeau, but in 2015, I was very impressed with the people he was able to recruit and run for the Liberal party. The 4 that stand out - Morneau, Freeland, Mckenna, Philpott - they do not need to do it. They were very successful in their own careers. To be prepared to stand for elections especially when polls showed that the Liberal party was in 3rd place, take the abuse etc says a lot about their commitment to serve and the ability of Trudeau to convince them to serve in the service of their country.

He was even able to convince Adam Van Koeverden to run in Milton of all places and knock off the Deputy Leader of the PC.

For his 2nd term, I am not sure what will happen, but if he has the right people around him to advise him, he will get his majority. The key is to watch for those who decide not to rerun again. Like the Wynn Liberals, they see the writing on the wall and decide to quit rather then being thrown out.

Comment

I am interested in seeing the impact of the carbon tax both on the COL and on carbon emission...like if it was deemed ineffective will it will be scrapped and replaced with other means to fight carbon emissions or it will be increased higher and higher.....I still believe that the liberal party nowadays are nothing but crowd pleasers....they will do anything to get the votes of today even it means difficult future times.
                this is not an endorsement of the Cons...it is a criticism of Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum View Post
                  I am interested in seeing the impact of the carbon tax both on the COL and on carbon emission...like if it was deemed ineffective will it will be scrapped and replaced with other means to fight carbon emissions or it will be increased higher and higher.....I still believe that the liberal party nowadays are nothing but crowd pleasers....they will do anything to get the votes of today even it means difficult future times.
                  this is not an endorsement of the Cons...it is a criticism of Trudeau

Need to really into what the carbon tax will cost me. Don't trust the federal cons figures. . Could be switching to electric or hybrid pending on the tax
                  "The Older I Get...
                  The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
                  Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                    It is what it is. Ill keep going to work and having fun outsode of work. Government wont stop me from enjoyong myself and living my life.
                    l
                    And we should all be grateful that we can do that.
                    In a great many nations, the government prevents that.
                    Which is one reason why we have refugees.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

And we should all be grateful that we can do that.
                      In a great many nations, the government prevents that.
                      Which is one reason why we have refugees.
                      Lol you didnt need to add that last line.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=k...3Dsoci_faculty

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post

Lol you didnt need to add that last line.
                          But is is pertinent.

Those living in nations where the government is most oppressive or corrupt, often have no choice but to flee.

Comment

Oh great. You've posted this again, and again without commentary.

This is a "Canadian Muslim Voting Guide: Federal Election 2019" for those who didn't click the link.

I still don't know what point you're trying to make. You love it? You hate it? You have issues with some/none/all of it?

Do you realize that there are Christian, and Jewish voting guides? Probably others too.

https://262952-817721-raikfcquaxqnco...ce_FINAL-1.pdf
                            https://cija.ca/wp-content/uploads/2...tal_%C6%92.pdf

Also - would you please just point a direct link to the document itself. Why post to a youtube redirect?
                            Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Oct 26, 2019, 11:16 AM.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Oh great. You've posted this again, and again without commentary.

This is a "Canadian Muslim Voting Guide: Federal Election 2019" for those who didn't click the link.

I still don't know what point you're trying to make. You love it? You hate it? You have issues with some/none/all of it?

Do you realize that there are Christian, and Jewish voting guides? Probably others too.

https://262952-817721-raikfcquaxqnco...ce_FINAL-1.pdf
                              https://cija.ca/wp-content/uploads/2...tal_%C6%92.pdf

Also - would you please just point a direct link to the document itself. Why post to a youtube redirect?
                              Look harder. There are bigtime major differences between those you posted and the one I posted. I'm not waking up the echo chamber anymore figure it out its all there in The PDF

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X