Collapse

Justin Trudeau government term 2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Not this particular one of ours it seems, cuz he really does do that a lot.
    Every time he speaks it's like he's talking to a kindergarten class. I just feel like smacking him the few times I actually suffer through one of his public statements.
    Last edited by vermin40; Dec 12, 2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trunckslammer1 View Post
      Mind you, right now I am VERY happy the liberals are in charge of giving out all these Corvid19 relief money. Very Selfish of me, I know
      your grandchildren won’t be very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

your grandchildren won’t be very happy.
        Have no grandchildren. Daughter has her own money. Don't need mine. I can spend every cent I have. Like someone said to me a long time ago.

The best retirement plan is to have no money in the bank when you die and the cheque to the Undertaker bounced

Comment

Have no grandchildren. Daughter has her own money. Don't need mine. I can spend every cent I have. Like someone said to me a long time ago.

The best retirement plan is to have no money in the bank when you die and the cheque to the Undertaker bounced
          Oh I want to see where that conversation goes . . .
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Too bad, let me generalize then. Future generations will “spit” the name Trudeau and will resent the generation that voted for a government that spent lavishly on them at the expense of those future generations. We get the government we deserve.

Comment

Too bad, let me generalize then. Future generations will “spit” the name Trudeau and will resent the generation that voted for a government that spent lavishly on them at the expense of those future generations. We get the government we deserve.
              You constantly yap on like the Conjobs wouldn't be doing the exact same thing... They would be 'pressured' into helping people out vs. the constant nonsense they spew daily about how woke they are to spending/saving and the likes. If they were so good at their jobs, wouldn't they have won 5 years ago even with all the warts that Harper had (tho you would never admit it, narrative be damned...).

Comment

I am not around to get spit on. .

Do we resent the previous generation? Do we envy them because they grew up in a low inflation environment, where only 1 parent need to work. Where they could buy a house easily on 1 paycheck?

Future generations should not look into the rear view mirror and see what was behind them. If they are smart, they will look ahead and make do with whatever happens in front of them - be it government debts, their own student debts, and whatever else get thrown in front of them.

Previous Generations did it, our generation did it and still doing it. It is the future, not the past, that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netz

Picture taken in 2007 at the Battery in St Johns NL
                  Its always fun to slam people not part of your social group. You could just as easily say: "Never confuse the ability to paint and post signs with intelligence."

Not sure what that gets you though.
                  In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                  and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

I am not around to get spit on. .

Do we resent the previous generation? Do we envy them because they grew up in a low inflation environment, where only 1 parent need to work. Where they could buy a house easily on 1 paycheck?

Future generations should not look into the rear view mirror and see what was behind them. If they are smart, they will look ahead and make do with whatever happens in front of them - be it government debts, their own student debts, and whatever else get thrown in front of them.

Previous Generations did it, our generation did it and still doing it. It is the future, not the past, that matters.
                    Our previous generation fought 1 or 2 world wars, and endured a debilitating depression but left our national finances more or less intact. Our generation (I will presume for the moment we share a generation) voted for a series of cynical politicians who promised to pay for benefits (health care, retirement, etc.) that taxpayers could not afford and left the tab to future generations of taxpayers. More likely, they will have to live through a sovereign bankruptcy and the hardship that will entail.

I think they should look back and wonder how we could be have been so self centred and mathematically inept.

Comment

I think they should look back and wonder how we could be have been so self centred and mathematically inept.
                      No one can foretell what the future will be. So many thing can happen in a heartbeat.

This planet could be hit by an Asteroid, Climate Change could destroy us. Trump could start a Nuclear War. Or Iran and Israel could.

The economy could come roaring back, Politicians (of all stripes) will suddenly become fiscally responsible and not spend more then they get in taxes (yes, I know a Pipe Dream, but one can always hope).

Previous generations have survive 2 world wars, Swine Flu, Sars. Those from the Middle East go through constant wars. Our generation - yes we are about the same age but I am sure I have a couple of years on you - have this Corvid19 virus to contend with. Which I am sure we will come out on the other side a little scarred but will survive it too.

The future will ALWAYS be brighter. For all future generations. Don't be so pessimistic. I am of the age when I really don't care too much. As long as I stay healthy, nothing upsets me too much. When I cannot function anymore, like I tell my family - Just Shoot Me (MAID in Canada)

Comment

The economy could come roaring back, Politicians (of all stripes) will suddenly become fiscally responsible and not spend more then they get in taxes (yes, I know a Pipe Dream, but one can always hope).

Hey, it happened once before (Chretien/Martin), it could happen again. Might even be a conservative this time around.

There is one thing we've really messed with that may be quite a challenge for future generations. Wait for it ... yeah, global warming. We are already seeing the effects and making a change will be like turning an oil tanker. It won't affect us much, but it's one hell of a mess we've left for the kids.
                        In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                        and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Our previous generation fought 1 or 2 world wars, and endured a debilitating depression but left our national finances more or less intact. Our generation (I will presume for the moment we share a generation) voted for a series of cynical politicians who promised to pay for benefits (health care, retirement, etc.) that taxpayers could not afford and left the tab to future generations of taxpayers. More likely, they will have to live through a sovereign bankruptcy and the hardship that will entail.

Ooops, you seem to have disregarded the debt levels incurred during WWII. Or even the debt incurred during the Mulroney years.

The Globe and Mail March 31st 2020
                          https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...r-the-baddest/

The bad news is that Canada will be running a deficit at First World War levels. The good news is we are not at Second World War levels yet.

The deficits being projected now look to be roughly 5 to 8 per cent of GDP, Prof. Di Matteo said, which is nearing the level of the 8-to-9-per-cent deficits run during the First World War. We have hit similar levels in non-emergency times: The 1984 deficit was 8.1 per cent of GDP, when the economy was recovering from the 1982 recession and interest rates paid on the national debt were high.

But in those terms, the deficits are not on the scale of the Second World War, when military production and defence spending pushed the annual deficit to 23 per cent of GDP in 1943. A comparable deficit in 2020 would be nearly $500-billion, Prof. Di Matteo noted.

It would take a Second World War-level deficit to bring the national debt up to the 60-per-cent-plus levels of the 1990s, before then-finance minister Paul Martin instituted sweeping federal spending reforms. The debt will be nowhere near the 109-per-cent debt carried at the end of the Second World War.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Ooops, you seem to have disregarded the debt levels incurred during WWII. Or even the debt incurred during the Mulroney years.

The Globe and Mail March 31st 2020
                            https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...r-the-baddest/

I didn’t forget them at all. My point was that they recovered from those deficits to leave national finances more or less intact. This government has blown our national finances to smithereens so that a bunch of people can stay in their basements and collect cerb or (maybe worse) a bunch of rich guys who play golf at private clubs can be subsidized through wage subsidies. It will be pretty hard to defend to future generations I think.

Comment

This government has blown our national finances to smithereens so that a bunch of people can stay in their basements and collect cerb or (maybe worse) a bunch of rich guys who play golf at private clubs can be subsidized through wage subsidies.
                              There is no evidence of widespread fraud like this. You can always find instances of cheating, but not to the extent of your generalizations.

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

There is no evidence of widespread fraud like this. You can always find instances of cheating, but not to the extent of your generalizations.
                                I didn’t call it fraud or cheating. The government welcomed these claimants. My observation was that it was excessive and unnecessary. Why are golf courses having their wages subsidized during a record year for golf revenues? Why is Air Canada receiving millions in wage subsidies shortly after their CEO pocketed $54 million personally from the airline? Are these spending initiatives designed to address the biggest economic issue of our time - the wealth gap.?

Canada’s increase in spending during the pandemic has exceeded every g7 nation by a fairly wide margin (as a % of gdp) - all financed by new debt. I find that very hard to understand or justify.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X