No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Clapton said he would cancel any shows if the venue requires attendees prove they are vaccinated against Covid-19.

“Once a dick, always a dick”. - Valerie Bertinelli
    PING G410 Plus 9* & 10.5*
    PING G25 4 wood
    PING G400 7 wood
    PING G400 3 & 4 hybrid
    PING G400 5 - UW
    Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
    PING Anser 1966 TR
    Titleist Tour Soft yellow
    Hooferlite Mr. Ping edition
    Bag Boy Nitron cart

SW July 20 204.5 > GW Nov 2 175
    How it's going -

Comment

• Well this is good news, hopefully there will be some positive peer reviewed trials and hopefully will be given a chance to succeed amidst its competition, the vaccine...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...salem-lab/amp/

Comment

• More interesting stuff out of Israel, apparently they are switching to Moderna and only using Pfizer for kids. I wonder if it's related to a lack of effectiveness or simply a business deal gone bad or something else entirely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haa...oon-1.10017431

Comment

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post
          Well this is good news, hopefully there will be some positive peer reviewed trials and hopefully will be given a chance to succeed amidst its competition, the vaccine...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...salem-lab/amp/
          Any therapeutics discovered wouldn't be competition for the vaccine, they would be teammates. I hope they are successful and help save lives. The same way the vaccines are.

Your bias is showing...
          What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
          TM Rescue 17*
          TM M2 4-AW
          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
          Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

• Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

Any therapeutics discovered wouldn't be competition for the vaccine, they would be teammates. I hope they are successful and help save lives. The same way the vaccines are.

Your bias is showing...
            Nope, no bias unlike our government and the rest of the world. Since we are in an experimental trial, ideally we'd be doing trials with different meds simultaneously with the vaccines. Ideally meds would be complimentary to vaccines, this is my wish too, but the reality is not. It's been all vaccine this whole time. I recall a doctor stating the reason (don't know if it's true or not but it makes sense) that if there was an approved medical treatment available for covid, an EUA authorization would not be allowed for the vaccines, so in order to push the vaccine, you can't have any meds available to treat covid.

My bias is whatever works. I've gotten the jab because this was the only option. If there were other viable options, and I had a choice then maybe I would have chosen differently but the almighty jab was it. Since it's a novel coronavirus, we should be open to everything, not just one treatment solution(vaccines). My bias is health and safety and mass vaccination for everyone including children, as the only solution, is illogical and immoral. We're in an experiment and we can't even do a proper one at that.

Comment

Your bias is showing...
              Technically if an effective therpeutic were approved, the vaccines would have to be pulled in (at least) the U.S.. i believe part of the EUA stipulates that the vaccines can only be used if there is no approved effective therapeutic, of course if the FDA gave the vaccines full approval, this would be a moot point

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

Technically if an effective therpeutic were approved, the vaccines would have to be pulled in (at least) the U.S.. i believe part of the EUA stipulates that the vaccines can only be used if there is no approved effective therapeutic, of course if the FDA gave the vaccines full approval, this would be a moot point
                I'm no expert on the approval process, but given the vaccines' head start, I have trouble believing any therapeutic which is in early stage testing right now would get full approval before the vaccines.

TM Rescue 17*
                TM M2 4-AW
                TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

I'm no expert on the approval process, but given the vaccines' head start, I have trouble believing any therapeutic which is in early stage testing right now would get full approval before the vaccines.
                  ‘Zactly this.

Comment

Just to add something...

There are so many exceptions under the "No Alternatives" clause, that even if a 100% effective therapeutic were found, the EUA would probably not be pulled by the FDA very quickly, if at all. The EUA does not automatically become void without a review by HHS.

From the FDA guidance sheet on EUAs:

For FDA to issue an EUA, there must be no adequate, approved, and available alternative to the candidate product for diagnosing, preventing, or treating the disease or condition. A potential alternative product may be considered “unavailable” if there are insufficient supplies of the approved alternative to fully meet the emergency need. A potential alternative product may be considered "inadequate" if, for example, there are contraindicating data for special circumstances or populations (e.g., children, immunocompromised individuals, or individuals with a drug allergy), if a dosage form of an approved product is inappropriate for use in a special population (e.g., a tablet for individuals who cannot swallow pills), or if the agent is or may be resistant to approved and available alternative products.
                    As an example, if the Pfizer vaccine were to receive full approval, the EUAs for the other vaccines would not automatically expire, and would NOT likely be yanked simply because the Pfizer vaccine received full approval.

The FDA guidance sheet is here: https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-infor...ed-authorities

The applicable statutes are here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/360bbb-3
                    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Just leaving this here below with the comment, if you are unvaccinated you should take it upon yourself to never enter any LTC home or any indoor location where vaccinated seniors who still carry a higher level of risk due to naturally less robust immune systems are trying to not die from your stupidity. If you work with seniors in any way and refuse to get vaccinated then you should quit your job. Same goes if you work with or interact in any way with immuno-compromised people, do the right thing and remove yourself for the rest of your life from those interactions. If you still have living grandparents tell them that they will never talk to you again except on Zoom or similiar.

https://apnews.com/article/business-...adfb668ae32bb0

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                        Just leaving this here below with the comment, if you are unvaccinated you should take it upon yourself to never enter any LTC home or any indoor location where vaccinated seniors who still carry a higher level of risk due to naturally less robust immune systems are trying to not die from your stupidity. If you work with seniors in any way and refuse to get vaccinated then you should quit your job. Same goes if you work with or interact in any way with immuno-compromised people, do the right thing and remove yourself for the rest of your life from those interactions. If you still have living grandparents tell them that they will never talk to you again except on Zoom or similiar.

https://apnews.com/article/business-...adfb668ae32bb0
                        You’ve gone full blown crazy, consider changing your handle to pendlemania.

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post

Just to add something...

There are so many exceptions under the "No Alternatives" clause, that even if a 100% effective therapeutic were found, the EUA would probably not be pulled by the FDA very quickly, if at all. The EUA does not automatically become void without a review by HHS.

From the FDA guidance sheet on EUAs:

As an example, if the Pfizer vaccine were to receive full approval, the EUAs for the other vaccines would not automatically expire, and would NOT likely be yanked simply because the Pfizer vaccine received full approval.

The FDA guidance sheet is here: https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-infor...ed-authorities

The applicable statutes are here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/360bbb-3
                          thank you for the extra info. as i said, no expert myself, but the entire argument stunk of antivaxxers/"vaccine hesitant" claiming a conspiracy theory against therapeutics.

TM Rescue 17*
                          TM M2 4-AW
                          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

thank you for the extra info. as i said, no expert myself, but the entire argument stunk of antivaxxers/"vaccine hesitant" claiming a conspiracy theory against therapeutics.
                            Won't take the vaccine because I don't know what is in it . . . but will take the pills/vitamins even if I don't know what is in it.

One of my friend won't take the vaccine . . . but has put all kind of crap in his body for the last 35 years . . .
                            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Won't take the vaccine because I don't know what is in it . . . but will take the pills/vitamins even if I don't know what is in it.

One of my friend won't take the vaccine . . . but has put all kind of crap in his body for the last 35 years . . .
                              You're right,, many vaccine hesitant have been putting stuff in their bodies for years without knowing or caring what's in it. The difference is when you feel forced to take something then you may start to question what's in it, especially when there are reports on the news of blood clots and deaths and other side effects. Furthermore, not everyone feels covid is dangerous to them (rightly or wrongly) so taking an experimental substance with known, albeit rare side effects is a scary proposition. Based on what has happened during this pandemic, a lot of fear has been created and we are all traumatized to some degree and this has led most of us to seek protection from the vaccine but not everyone has this experience and it's understandable in my opinion. If I was young and healthy, I'd question the vaccine too. I'd probably still take it but who knows. I think everyone should have the right to choose what goes in their bodies and who am I to judge someone, especially if there is a health risk involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post

Furthermore, not everyone feels covid is dangerous to them (rightly or wrongly) so taking an experimental substance with known, albeit rare side effects is a scary proposition.
                                And yet it's the anti-vax contingent that continually accuses everyone else of being scared. Hilarious.

We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X