Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Here is some more “covid science” for you…

Rex is great.

Comment

Rex has a point, though he stretched it thinner than a pair of lacy panties when he said, 'maybe even Feeland' would support the plans for the meeting, and used that as a given to criticize the Liberals.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Pre-COVID, it took an average of more than 10 years to develop a vaccine. It had never been done in less than four. So how did we get COVID vaccines in under a year?

Government cut red tape, unleashing the power of capitalism.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
        Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
        Ping G400 4H - 22*
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• One of these pumpkins did their own “research”.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A83B1DE-75C3-433A-AD44-5CAE0F8184AA.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	3456629
          Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
          Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
          Ping G400 4H - 22*
          Ping G400 5 - UW
          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
            Pre-COVID, it took an average of more than 10 years to develop a vaccine. It had never been done in less than four. So how did we get COVID vaccines in under a year?

Government cut red tape, unleashing the power of capitalism.

https://twitter.com/kiteandkeymedia/...099553284?s=21
            Development is only one issue, still need post inoculation data- speeding this up is the main problem with these jabs

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Rex Murphy, stopped reading when I saw that name.
              A closed mind is a terrible waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Rex has a point, though he stretched it thinner than a pair of lacy panties when he said, 'maybe even Feeland' would support the plans for the meeting, and used that as a given to criticize the Liberals.
                Maybe I am projecting here, but I believe his main point is that there have been many confusing, inconsistent and flat out wrong recommendations from the federal (and provincial and municipal) governments - all in the name of “the science”…. His further point is that these “scientific recommendations” are always for the little people rather than themselves. Is it any wonder that nobody listens to these people any more?

Comment

Maybe I am projecting here, but I believe his main point is that there have been many confusing, inconsistent and flat out wrong recommendations from the federal (and provincial and municipal) governments - all in the name of “the science”…. His further point is that these “scientific recommendations” are always for the little people rather than themselves. Is it any wonder that nobody listens to these people any more?
                  I agree with most of that. I would like to know the number of anti-vaxxers who plan on attending a climate change summit though. I have 0 data to support this theory but somehow I don't see a lot of overlap between those two groups (unless they are there to protest). Regardless it was an "interesting" decision to drop the vax passport requirement for attendees.
                  What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                  TM Rescue 17*
                  TM M2 4-AW
                  TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                  Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Rex failed to raise the irony of the massive carbon footprint associated with having 30,000 climate summit delegates, travelling from all over the world, to exchange invocations against the sky god of global warming.

He is slipping.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Rex failed to raise the irony of the massive carbon footprint associated with having 30,000 climate summit delegates, travelling from all over the world, to exchange invocations against the sky god of global warming.

He is slipping.
                      I noticed that as well. It's a point that's always glommed onto when critiquing these events.

Regardless, the lack of a vax passport is a mistake IMHO, and provides very low hanging fruit for those disparaging the event, and it weakens any argument for covid restrictions for the rest of us.
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I noticed that as well. It's a point that's always glommed onto when critiquing these events.

Regardless, the lack of a vax passport is a mistake IMHO, and provides very low hanging fruit for those disparaging the event, and it weakens any argument for covid restrictions for the rest of us.
                        But what Murphy and others will not consider is the importance of the conference. So we have a climate conference planned during a pandemic. The reason it wasn't cancelled is because stakeholders feel it's important. Murphy mocks that importance. So Scotland will quarantine travellers and test attendees regularly. It will also offer vaccinations to those who want them. I don't think the passports should be waived but they feel it's important for decision makers to attend and are making some reasonable compromises to help that happen. We need to realize that both the pandemic and climate issues are important.
                        I just read that some developing nations are still waiting for vaccines to arrive. Incredible when you think about it so the UK will offer to vaccinate attendees who haven't had access to vaccines this far. It is also important for developing nations to be part of the process of resolving global climate issues. So I think the takeaway is Scotland is doing everything reasonable to ensure the participation in an important conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

But what Murphy and others will not consider is the importance of the conference. So we have a climate conference planned during a pandemic. The reason it wasn't cancelled is because stakeholders feel it's important. Murphy mocks that importance. So Scotland will quarantine travellers and test attendees regularly. It will also offer vaccinations to those who want them. I don't think the passports should be waived but they feel it's important for decision makers to attend and are making some reasonable compromises to help that happen. We need to realize that both the pandemic and climate issues are important.
                          I just read that some developing nations are still waiting for vaccines to arrive. Incredible when you think about it so the UK will offer to vaccinate attendees who haven't had access to vaccines this far. It is also important for developing nations to be part of the process of resolving global climate issues. So I think the takeaway is Scotland is doing everything reasonable to ensure the participation in an important conference.
                          Those are good points.

I was forgetting how much of the world remains unvaxxed, and not entirely of their own choosing.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

I completely agree with you, but I thought the awkward sideswipe at the Liberals was unnecessary.
                            We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                            Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                            Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                            Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                            Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                            Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                            Srixon Star XV
                            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

A closed mind is a terrible waste.
                              Rex Murphy has been around a long time. There is a reason it is not necessary to read what he writes because it is predictable and his job is to sell stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Rex Murphy has been around a long time. There is a reason it is not necessary to read what he writes because it is predictable and his job is to sell stories.
                                Time for him to hang up his pen, I hold him in the same esteem as Steve Simmons.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                                Ping G400 5 - UW
                                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X