/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
    It's fine to be concerned and be skeptical. I hope we can avoid this kind of speculation.
    Dude, heck no!! This is covid induced extended silly season. No snow required. Things are going to get extra crazy as golf withdrawal really kicks in.
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.
    We can deal with the bad apples.
    Evil prevails when good people do nothing.

Comment

• I’m making a prediction right now and if I’m right you all owe me $10 !! (LOL)

Trump opens the country on Easter, April 12. Millions of Americans go to Church. April 22 the US Covid goes up 10 or 100 fold!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
        I’m making a prediction right now and if I’m right you all owe me $10 !! (LOL)

Trump opens the country on Easter, April 12. Millions of Americans go to Church. April 22 the US Covid goes up 10 or 100 fold!
        Thoughts and prayers will save them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
          I’m making a prediction right now and if I’m right you all owe me $10 !! (LOL)

And if you are wrong do you pay all of us $10?

Comment

• These nasty, intolerant and stupid people somehow find their way into positions of influence. That's a real shame. The world's challenges are tough enough without these dunces whispering in the ears of those in power.

https://apple.news/AB6i6hUZsSWyWMS4rVqWTNQ
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• As US now closing in on Italy on cases detected, they are also following Italy foot step of letting patients chart their own destiny.

Just in time for Easter Grand Opening?

Hope Canada does not come to this.

Comment

• What is a crisis if terrorism does not make an appearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  These nasty, intolerant and stupid people somehow find their way into positions of influence. That's a real shame. The world's challenges are tough enough without these dunces whispering in the ears of those in power.

https://apple.news/AB6i6hUZsSWyWMS4rVqWTNQ
                  If Trump has his way and many churches are overflowing during Easter, it stands to reason that those churchgoers will be at a much higher risk than those who do not go (for whatever reason). If the worst happens and these churchgoers (and those that they contact) begin to die in significant and undeniable numbers, will this same clown attribute those deaths to the "wrath of God"? I doubt it very much.
                  Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

If Trump has his way and many churches are overflowing during Easter, it stands to reason that those churchgoers will be at a much higher risk than those who do not go (for whatever reason). If the worst happens and these churchgoers (and those that they contact) begin to die in significant and undeniable numbers, will this same clown attribute those deaths to the "wrath of God"? I doubt it very much.
                    In that case you can expect "God called them home". The truth of the matter is that "Darwin called them home".
                    https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Protesters in Mexico block lanes at Arizona border crossing to demand stricter coronavirus screenings

Mexico might be looking for a wall. I guess the good news is they know US is willing pay for it.

Think we could we get one while they're at it?

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                        I understand we have concerns and skepticism is good. Wild speculation less so.
                        How do we know they are "most likely Covid death related"?
                        Did they lose 21 million "subscribers" or accounts? Many Chinese have two or more cell phone accounts. Did "subscribers" disappear?
                        Could the decline simply be explained by users with multi-accounts cancelling their unneeded subscriptions in an economic downturn?
                        Who exactly said "1 million can't be accounted for"?
                        What do you mean by cyclical trends? Comparing it to subscriptions in Jan-Feb last year is cyclical.? Compare it to trends during the last economic downturn, that's a meaningful comparison.
                        While 21 million sounds significant in a country with 1.6 billion cell phone accounts, it's not worthy of an exclamation mark.
                        I believe this article started in the Epoch Times which wonders into the highly speculative far too often.
                        It's fine to be concerned and be skeptical. I hope we can avoid this kind of speculation.
                        It was a metric I found interesting; one which might be over looked. Still says something. You read it one way, I read it another. Your vantage over mine. Fair

You continue to bring us into the situation there. Thank you!

6 weeks ago, my wife came home with a box of "necessities". Through a colleague's immediate family (Health Canada and Stats Canada employees) was told that this will effect us to the point that we'll know of infected first hand.

As of yesterday morning, I know of 2. Uncle in northern UK and a HS friend who was helping his elderly neighbour with supplies, and as it turns out was infected. Both seem to be on the mend. But still re-enforces the severity of what's going on.

Stay safe over there

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

If those 2A people start shooting at church goers in the name of protecting their families from being infected, would NRA and the GOP be OK with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                            Protesters in Mexico block lanes at Arizona border crossing to demand stricter coronavirus screenings

Mexico might be looking for a wall. I guess the good news is they know US is willing pay for it.

Think we could we get one while they're at it?
                            Life works in mysterious way. Now it is the Mexicans who don't want Americans to cross the border to their country.

"They bring deceases, they are killers, they are animals...'

Comment

• Originally posted by DCBABY View Post

It was a metric I found interesting; one which might be over looked. Still says something. You read it one way, I read it another. Your vantage over mine. Fair

You continue to bring us into the situation there. Thank you!

6 weeks ago, my wife came home with a box of "necessities". Through a colleague's immediate family (Health Canada and Stats Canada employees) was told that this will effect us to the point that we'll know of infected first hand.

As of yesterday morning, I know of 2. Uncle in northern UK and a HS friend who was helping his elderly neighbour with supplies, and as it turns out was infected. Both seem to be on the mend. But still re-enforces the severity of what's going on.

Stay safe over there
                              FWIW I am concerned they have loosened the shackles early here. They are allowing more access to compounds with less checks. Still a lot of tracibility but life is returning to normal a little fast. Talked with several friends the last couple days and asked if anyone knew someone who had tested positive. Of the 6 of us nobody knew anyone with a confirmed case, directly or through friends. A few knew people who had been tested but negative.
                              I don't doubt the gov't "massages" numbers to help with the message. When the president visited the epicentre a couple of weeks ago, numbers drastically reduced. A case of local gov't polishing the area for inspection, a common occurrence here. For example, if high party officials are announced as visiting your city or area, the police shut down the gambling establishments, girly bars and other semilegal activities. Reopen 10 minutes after they leave. So while I think some variation, I doubt it's a million or remotely close to that number. The risk is very high if they try to cover it up, it's going to come out later. In times like these people are looking at their discretionary spending. Having multiple cell accounts is a luxury many no longer need. Not to mention hundreds of thousands (millions?) have been laid off and many would have company phones which would be deactivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 Putts For Par
                                https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...al-protective/

Sorry to repost thought I should include the story, and I'm really upset about this. All I can say is my nurse friend is scared, they don't have enough PPE, she says it's not safe.

Seriously what were we thinking? The epidemiologist from the article called it negligent and incompetent, I would definately agree. Were lucky nurses aren't walking off the job after this.
                                Man oh man.....that looks really bad. Especially to a country than can build entire hospitals in like 2 days. Front line workers here have every right to be p!ssed.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,899   Posts: 1,844,852   Members: 47,501   Active Members: 267
                                Welcome to our newest member, swqeas24125.
                                Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X