Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
    Not what he meant, sending suspected cases home until the test confirms positive is a problem. Early on in Wuhan they couldn't test fast enough and results took some time. So they sent people home to wait. They don't do that anymore, you wait until it's confirmed or negative. Negative go home, positive you go to an isolation or treatment center depending on severity. Some are just hotels/schools as he mentions but you are monitored.
    If you are in isolation (self quarantine is maybe a better description) because you are returning from a infected area, that's the right thing to do but the probability of infection is still low. If at some point either of you are tested and have become positive, you shouldn't go home if the other members of you family are negative.
    Thanks for saying this, I had interpreted as nomullies did too.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

This was one of the comments in your link

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."- FDR

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."- JFK "

I don't take responsibility at all."- DJT
      I actually thought of posting a bunch of these in the Trump thread with my interpretation of the Trump version. like:
      "The buck stops here" Harry Truman
      Trumps version. "The buck stops somewhere else. If you even try to give me a buck I'll have the secret service throw you out of here. Unless it's something good, then I did it alone and you should thank me"

Comment

• Today was the first day of the 'new normal'; it felt weird. Usually when there is chaos or a crisis in the world, it lasts a day or two and we can always turn on sports for an escape. This morning out of habit I turned on Sportscentre and had my morning coffee and read the paper. Obviously front & centre on the TV and the paper was the crisis that we will be dealing with for some time. Strange times indeed.

Comment

• Some friends parents who winter in Florida are heading back a couple months early after being notified by their insurance company their policy would no longer cover them if they become ill.

Comment

• Information for Canadians on COVID-19 (coronavirus) including current cases, risk, monitoring, COVID-19 variants and how to get updates.

Canada now at 193 cases...1 death....Wash.State when at appox 200 cases had 9 deaths....Canada is handling this much better thus far .

Comment

• Originally posted by par345 View Post
              https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...infection.html

Canada now at 193 cases...1 death....Wash.State when at appox 200 cases had 9 deaths....Canada is handling this much better thus far .
              Well, the outbreak in Washington started and hit 3 Nursing/LT Care facilities so a much more vulnerable population.

Comment

Well, the outbreak in Washington started and hit 3 Nursing/LT Care facilities so a much more vulnerable population.
                35 million population-Canada versus 7.5 million-Wash state.....large asian population in BC and Ont......there is more being done right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  Is the concern over the COVID-19 virus still ridiculous and unjustified?
                  The concern is not. The insanity of hoarding taking place is.

Comment

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...infection.html

Pretty big judgement to make from what is essentially two drops of rain in a Lake.

Comment

35 million population-Canada versus 7.5 million-Wash state.....large asian population in BC and Ont......there is more being done right here.
                      Thats a different argument than you comparing the deaths in the two places which I have explained.

if we had 3 nursing homes hit we would have many more deaths.

Not sure what the Asian population in the two places has to do with anything... are you racist in addition to being homophobic ?

Comment

• So much negative news out there. Of very minor importance in the grand scheme of things my daughter filled up my wife’s car last night at Canadian Tire for $0.756 per liter! This includes or Gas Card discount but holy hannah that is what we were paying 20 years ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

The concern is not. The insanity of hoarding taking place is.
                          It is kinda bizarre. I took my MiL to the grocery store this morn and noticed there were many people that I didn’t recognize (same as a worker told me last night) though it wasn’t overly busy. People from farther south in ON appear to be travelling north to get things.

There’s hoarding and common sense. I did regular grocery shopping last night and we’re good for a while.

I think it would probably be a good idea to have a bit of cash on hand too just in case things shut down for a few weeks — it wouldn’t take long for bank machines to run out of $$.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdntac View Post

It is kinda bizarre. I took my MiL to the grocery store this morn and noticed there were many people that I didn’t recognize (same as a worker told me last night) though it wasn’t overly busy. People from farther south in ON appear to be travelling north to get things.

There’s hoarding and common sense. I did regular grocery shopping last night and we’re good for a while.

I think it would probably be a good idea to have a bit of cash on hand too just in case things shut down for a few weeks — it wouldn’t take long for bank machines to run out of $$.
                            That might be the next crisis if people start thinking that way. I really don’t see us getting there. Aside from anything else the exchange of cash is one more way to spread the virus. Electronic is much safer and this virus doesn’t affect computers.

Oddly enough though I did read an article that said in a small number of cases (4%?) Coivd-19 can cause diarrhea .

Comment

Thats a different argument than you comparing the deaths in the two places which I have explained.

if we had 3 nursing homes hit we would have many more deaths.

Not sure what the Asian population in the two places has to do with anything... are you racist in addition to being homophobic ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                                that Twitter clip is brutal common sense.
                                Why would you home quarantine and expose the rest of your immediate and sometimes complete family that includes grandparents if you are the potential infected member? I'm sure there must be a guest house for Sophie available.
                                Actually the part that talks about doctors/authorities having to "play God" and decide WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES, is while COMPLETELY REAL, IS BRUTAL to its core, and really got to me. Not talking about me here (of my VO age I will be in the latter group for sure, LOL) but the mental stress this must put on those drs and officials making these decisions, WOW - talk about tough job !!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X