/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur,

A couple of thoughts.

Yes, we do know long term flu complications. Yes, we should try to avoid all Covid infections within reason but not shelter in place. Social distancing, masks, quarantining of sick etc are all reasonable measures.

I agree that we cannot trust any data out of the US right now for political reasons.

As for the Marlins, one could say that we have never tested players on a daily basis for a respiratory infection. Previously, if one got sick, they simply did not play and the others did. The sick one likely did not even get a flu test (for example) unless severely ill. The ‘healthy’ or ‘pre-symptomatic’ certainly did not get tested. I can recall hockey teams being affected by illnesses but not baseball teams.

Finally, more cases under 40 is not a big surprise as younger people gathering more often and not taking it as seriously as they have a lower death rate.

bladerunner

Comment

• Herman Cain has passed away from COVID-19.
      https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/TGNFantasy...

Comment

• New study confirms what every parent can tell you... kids are walking petri dishes.

The paradox of children and COVID grows as researchers find that infected kids under 5 may not be getting seriously ill, but carry vast concentrations of the virus.
        https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/TGNFantasy...

Comment

• A study into the: Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered From Coronavirus Disease published on-line on July 27th, approved for publication on July 6th.

Conclusion:
          Taken together, we demonstrate cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%) with recent COVID-19 illness, independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis. These findings indicate the need for ongoing investigation of the long-term cardiovascular consequences of COVID-19.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...UYfQ6ApHxtun1k
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Have to wonder about school openings

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus...CVE43JOPUAVSY/

https://fortune.com/2020/07/30/child...Eve9uUYmI3eCy8
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Some people still don't get it
              https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/photos-of...erns-1.5041027

couple days ago at Toronto Island
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1758A572-3951-4E4A-A166-56A46E6DCF7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	316.7 KB ID:	3206666 Click image for larger version  Name:	5F39F857-5A61-4481-B358-549631577E41.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	313.1 KB ID:	3206667

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                Some people still don't get it
                https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/photos-of...erns-1.5041027

couple days ago at Toronto Island
                Click image for larger version Name:	1758A572-3951-4E4A-A166-56A46E6DCF7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	316.7 KB ID:	3206666 Click image for larger version Name:	5F39F857-5A61-4481-B358-549631577E41.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	313.1 KB ID:	3206667
                highway.

It has gotten to the point with me, I do not care what the people in Toronto do as long as they stay down there, I certainly am not going below Number 9 highway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netz View Post
                  highway.

It has gotten to the point with me, I do not care what the people in Toronto do as long as they stay down there, I certainly am not going below Number 9 highway.
                  I live about 5km south of Highway 9, its pretty safe here but I would rather be up North , no ifs and or buts about that.

As for Toronto, I think it's just a case of bigger population means more stupid and careless people. I a, inclined to be less restrictive against Torontonians than I am with US citizens.

your Problem is you cant stop the city dwellers from leaving and coming your way.

Comment

• Wow - 9 days and 8 nights camping and canoeing on Georgian Bay with 4 "bubble" friends and it sure felt weird to have to put on a mask again.

We booked a shuttle to get us back to our cars and the 6 of us plus the driver in a Lincoln Navigator had to wear masks in close quarters on a hot day for the 90 minute drive. Blech.

In other news, the tracing app is now available. I downloaded it yesterday.

Anyone else using it?
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

• That’s really unfortunate- thought they were limiting public ferry capacity going over to the island from the city? We paddled over from cherry beach to wards beach last wkend- was fairly quiet on east end of island but I’m sure this wkend will be a **** show based on story you posted. Jeesh!

Comment

• How hard would it be to keep a running tally/log of the number of people on the island and then announce when it had reached its limit?

Perhaps require advance purchase of tickets for the ferries and cut off sales once a certain amount had been reached?

I realize that some people are paying to take the water taxis over, but that should also be controllable.

Comment

highway.

Might have to invoke the New Improved Covid19 Darwin Rules. lol
                          Non-Masked breeders, are automatically re-directed to the end of the lineup.
                          things change

Comment

• Protestors out in Berlin today. They don’t want any more lockdown.

I don’t blame them but up to 1 million (some sources say more...some less) without masks in a crowd may not be the best idea.

Click image for larger version  Name:	865D9932-4711-4D50-A8DC-14CDA1C4C63A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	200.3 KB ID:	3206831

Comment

highway.

We had 2 groups of people from Toronto golfing yesterday and inside for lunch and beers . . . believe me, they are all around you also . . .

Another one stole a car from a dealership (going for a test-drive) in Essa Township and crashed it in a school fence and tried to runaway for the police . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I live about 5km south of Highway 9, its pretty safe here but I would rather be up North , no ifs and or buts about that.

As for Toronto, I think it's just a case of bigger population means more stupid and careless people. I a, inclined to be less restrictive against Torontonians than I am with US citizens.

your Problem is you cant stop the city dwellers from leaving and coming your way.
                                According to this data from Global, there are about 4000 unresolved cases in the province (39,333 total - 35,237 “resolved”). Let’s guess that half of those are in the GTA, or 2,000. Based on a rough estimate of population of 5 million - that is an infection rate of .04%. Presumably some of those are hospitalized or too sick to travel. Hopefully most of the rest are staying close to home.

I think you might be safe from those infectious “city dwellers” if you maintain some social distance and wash your hands.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7243691/o...ust-1-covid19/

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 179,992   Posts: 1,886,006   Members: 48,499   Active Members: 488
                                Welcome to our newest member, ulrickaka.
                                Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X