/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
    Just looking at US numbers out of curiousity. They are nearly at 1 in 30 of their population having an active case of Covid.

Not 1 in 30 who have had it. 1 in 30 ACTIVE cases. That is based on Worldometers just now.

Just shy of 9,250,000 ACTIVE cases.

Comparing to Canada we are about half of that ratio if you consider ALL cases including those resolved.

We only have 80.080 active cases.

Maybe we are not doing as bad a job as we sometimes think we are.
    And maybe we shouldn't compare ourselves to a rich third world country.

We're pretty average at just about anything after all.

Comment

• This article is the closest I have read to how I feel about Ontario's response to COVID.

https://www.macleans.ca/society/heal...rk-in-ontario/

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post
        US gonna hit 400K deaths some time Friday.
        That is 20% of global deaths. I also see that Sweden has surpassed 1000 deaths/million. Sweden in particular would be an interesting case study on why the CFR was so different between wave 1 and 2. Not sure the testing rates and younger age demographics are primary drivers there. Looks now like their 2nd wave will have at least as many deaths as the first.
        Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
          This article is the closest I have read to how I feel about Ontario's response to COVID.

https://www.macleans.ca/society/heal...rk-in-ontario/
          NAILED IT. Great article, thanks for sharing.
          10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
          16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
          20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
          4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
          Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

• Vaccine delivery info in this article. 6 Million doses to be delivered between now and March but then 1 Million per week starting in April.

https://apple.news/AZuGhK0g4SC6W5q5okfqBzw

Comment

• One thing I wondered is what has allowed Israel to get so far ahead of everyone else in Vaccination success. So I looked into it and there are some interesting points coming out of their early success. They are currently beyond 20% of their total population while most others are still below 5% and Canada I do not believe is at 1% yet.

There are some things that are being treated here like immutable facts here that Israel apparently decided were negotiable. I am curious how Canada would have responded had we done what Israel had done. I am certain many would be making political hay attacking everyone involved if we did what was an option to accelerate our vaccination program. It also may be the case that Israel's election timing may be driving the spending to help the party in power, in which case I would have supported a spring election in Canada if it got our vaccination program done by April or May.

The #1 thing Israel did was to pay TRIPLE the going rate everyone else was in return for early access to large volumes of vaccines. Apparently Pfizer and Moderna have had on offer to anyone who wanted it a tiered pricing model that determined your priority access to vaccines, not sure I would have known that had the news Israel took advantage of it come to light. If that translates into earlier and faster economic recovery that would end up being a very good investment. Why did Canada not think of this? If we had, where would we be now? By comparison Israel just announced that everyone aged 50 and over is eligible as of 2 days ago, Canada is not on schedule to get 50 year olds vaccinated until July or later.

Also, while this is going on it appears Israel has learned that as people know vaccination is advancing they stop taking personal responsibility. They are experiencing a 3rd wave in parallel with vaccine rollout. As a result schools are closed, most stores are closed, and you cannot travel more than a kilometre from home without an essential reason.

The main thing I think can be learned from Israel is that not all the limitations of what were possible were in fact limitations. They were only limitations self imposed by countries who did not think to try and overcome them. In the end Israel will be fully vaccinated many months ahead of almost everywhere else in the world. I wonder how that will benefit them, I guess we will find out.

Comment

• This is bad.
                LA County is scrambling to find more space to store bodies of Covid-19 victims - CNN

Comment

• One of Ford’s MPs coming out against lockdown. Note that he seems to have underestimated IFR by 100x by applying a % sign.

https://twitter.com/Roman_Baber/stat...39239090601984
                  Last edited by Bladerunner; Jan 15, 2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Roman Baber expelled from the Conservative caucus over that tweet.

As for Israel, like Taiwan and South Korea, it is a nation that is on a 'permanent war footing/alert'.

Comment

• Yeah, well he wrote a full letter to Ford and made it public with that tweet.

Kicked out pretty quick.

I’m still in disaster planning meetings. The govt modellers asking us to get ready to go to 200% in terms of regular ICU capacity. Meanwhile, the number of patients in ICU across the province is stable the last 4 days. The rate of growth appears to have levelled off.

Hopefully, the big push to vaccinate the LTC residents will reduce mortality quickly but I also hope we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot again like we did in the Spring by cancelling/delaying too many necessary surgeries.

bladerunner

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                      Roman Baber expelled from the Conservative caucus over that tweet.

As for Israel, like Taiwan and South Korea, it is a nation that is on a 'permanent war
                      footing/alert'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
                        One of Ford’s MPs coming out against lockdown. Note that he seems to have underestimated IFR by 100x by applying a % sign.

https://twitter.com/Roman_Baber/stat...39239090601984
                        Anyone can make an error like that, but in the hour or so since it was first pointed out, he's made no effort to correct it.

Someone else (I'm too lazy to check) also said he was using the number for the 70-80 age group - and that excludes the over 80s who are far harder hit. It again makes the number look smaller and less significant.

I'm no fan of Ford, but stuff like this is what makes political leadership so wearying. You spend a couple of very long days trying to work out a compromise plan that tries to chart a path between commerce and health (and it still gets crapped on by everyone anyways!) and then one of your own team makes a public statement telling you you got it all wrong.

"I didn't need this" might have been some of the few words spoken by Doug as he held the door open for the guy to leave....
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

• All the residents and workers in my mother's home received their first vaccines this week.

Comment

• I heard last night that one person dies every 6 minutes, I thought they were talking about the US but they were talking about LA county.
                            WITB

PING G410 Plus 9*
                            PING G25 16.5*
                            PING G400 19* & 22*
                            PING G400 5 - PW
                            Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
                            PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

• One of our hockey friends posted on Facebook in regard to lockdowns, something along the lines of (paraphrasing here) Maybe you should ask a Russian person how they like communism?
                              WITB

PING G410 Plus 9*
                              PING G25 16.5*
                              PING G400 19* & 22*
                              PING G400 5 - PW
                              Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
                              PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

• Looks like we will all be vaccinated in Ottawa by the summer. Broad timing for sure but this is a positive.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-on-...u1_GH4_CeFyUTQ
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X