No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The U.S. just passed half a million dead from COVID 19.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post

He's getting paid more than the Premier - and it's a part time job - https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...accine-rollout
      The Premier isn't paid very much either, given the budget and staff he's overseeing.

Also, see Pendlebg's reply, above. There will be a TON of consultants working on this that are earning more. A lot more.

In related news, I was (not!) surprised to learn that the Very Expensive public health system known as Panorama has been generally underused and ignored through all of this.

Panorama was developed (in part) in response the SARS, which clearly showed a need for better and better integrated public health systems.

IIRC it was started in Ontario for local needs, then got redirected to be a national solution with some $$$ injected by Canada Health Infoway. The thinking at that time was for Infoway to pick the best and/or most advanced provincial systems and provide the funding to extend them to be functional across the country. Certainly sounded good in theory.

As it turn out, Ontario now lags other provinces in using it, and nobody seems to be using it for Covid tracking or vaccine management (those were pretty much all it was designed to do.... ).

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...cking-systems/
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

"Far away" low pop islands probably make it non-specious and probably accurate.
        Except that Australia is a lot closer to china, you know where the 'China virus' came from, so nope, specious.
        In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.
        We can deal with the bad apples.
        Evil prevails when good people do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
          The U.S. just passed half a million dead from COVID 19.
          According to Worldometer that happened two days ago.
          In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Except that Australia is a lot closer to china, you know where the 'China virus' came from, so nope, specious.
            But China had the virus under control in what like couple o’ weeks...so like being next to Greenland.....non-specious.

Comment

But China had the virus under control in what like couple o’ weeks...so like being next to Greenland.....non-specious.
              Remind me again, what's the population of Greenland, like 3 people... You funny today.
              In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.

Comment

That's like me seeing a guy with a bald spot who can't hit his driver and saying that's proof he's a commie.
                For your information I still have a full head of hair.

And am getting a sinking suspicion that you are a Cowboys fan,

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

For your information I still have a full head of hair.

And am getting a sinking suspicion that you are a Cowboys fan,
                  No. Vikings. And still p!ssed about 1975 NFC divisional playoff game when Staubach launched a Hail Mary on last play of game and Drew Pearson blatantly pushed off with no call. Game over.
                  Hate the Cowboys as much as the Habs. And commies.

Comment

• https://mobile.reuters.com/article/a...mpression=true

Interesting words from Boris today.

bladerunner

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
                      https://mobile.reuters.com/article/a...mpression=true

Interesting words from Boris today.

bladerunner
                      Kinda how I’ve been thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                        Kinda how I’ve been thinking.
                        Pretty much. At some point gotta bite the bullet and move forward.
                        Brits are ahead of us in vaccinations but far from at a high %. We have vaccinated pretty much all those in LTC and that represents where about 65% of all deaths have occurred .....we should be able to start freeing up with less worry and concern about fatalities and that will become less as we vaccinate the old fogeys not in LTC
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Does anyone know why immunocompromised individuals don’t appear on the province’s priority list for being vaccinated?
                          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            Does anyone know why immunocompromised individuals don’t appear on the province’s priority list for being vaccinated?
                            I haven't read anything that directly mentions Ontario's reasons, but numerous countries have indicated the reason they have been left off of their priority lists is because the original safety trials did not include immunocompromised individuals in the studies.

IIRC one of the UK patients that had a severe reaction to the vaccine was immunocompromised.
                            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Thank you for that. I find it curious that the researchers would not have studied whether a segment of the population that, intuitively at least, would seem to be especially vulnerable to the virus could be safely vaccinated. It will be interesting to see how decisions are made with respect to whether those individuals should be vaccinated. I confess to a personal interest in this issue as my wife is a cancer patient.

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

I haven't read anything that directly mentions Ontario's reasons, but numerous countries have indicated the reason they have been left off of their priority lists is because the original safety trials did not include immunocompromised individuals in the studies.

IIRC one of the UK patients that had a severe reaction to the vaccine was immunocompromised.
                              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                                Does anyone know why immunocompromised individuals don’t appear on the province’s priority list for being vaccinated?
                                Becuase the Phase 3 trials excluded immunocompromised individuals. So no data.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X