The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by High cut View Post

Had to happen.

The HH here has always carried local cheese and maple syrup... does that qualify them to stay open?
    We're Canadians. Maple syrup is essential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I loves me some good ingenuity but..... shame on them.

We'll never get out of this series of lockdowns and sickness and death until people take some responsibility and act responsibly, rather than looking for loopholes.

Just do the right thing. Stay in as much as you can, and wear a mask when you have to go out. Is that so much to ask?
      Well said.

Comment

• If the stay at home orders that are coming will massively change the way you have been living your social life lately, it is quite likely you are the reason we are going to get more stay at home orders.
        Indy

Callaway Mavrik Max Stiff Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI
        Callaway Mavrik 3 Wood Project X Evenflow Riptide
        Titleist U-510 20* Stiff Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 90
        Titleist T200 5-AW Black Edition True Temper AMT Black Onyx S300
        Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Grey Wedge 54* & 60*
        Scotty Cameron American Classic VII Napa Putter

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Exactly. Epidemiologists, etc have been using mathematical studies/probabilities since Day 1.

Unfortunately the virus/pandemic does not exist in an economic/societal vacuum.

And we can't act like townspeople did during the Black Death, by nailing the doors and windows shut on homes with people who were infected, literally 'locking them in'.

Trying to walk a tightrope has led to numerous illogical decisions.
          • Why allow any non-essential travel?
          • Why allow 'large' stores to stay open and not small ones which theoretically might pose less of a risk?
          • Explaining which jobs/organizations are 'essential' and which are not sometimes also requires some stretches in logic.
          • Why were not some regional healthcare centres designated as the COVID centres, allowing others to operate 'normally'?
          • Why were employment laws not immediately reformed to require paid sick days and to eliminate/restrict the use of temporary or part-time workers in healthcare facilities?
          • Finally why were we not better prepared for the 2nd wave ? Epidemiologists/researchers correctly predicted not only when it would arrive, but also that it would be worse than the first wave.
          Yup,

Lots of questions, not enough answers.

Can't wait till the needles start hitting enough arms.... and hope it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy View Post
            If the stay at home orders that are coming will massively change the way you have been living your social life lately, it is quite likely you are the reason we are going to get more stay at home orders.
            Social life . . .

Well said . . .
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy View Post
              If the stay at home orders that are coming will massively change the way you have been living your social life lately, it is quite likely you are the reason we are going to get more stay at home orders.
              Absolutely. Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Social life . . .

Well said . . .
                Over the last several months my social life has been going to Shoppers Drug Mart.

Comment

• Just looking at US numbers out of curiousity. They are nearly at 1 in 30 of their population having an active case of Covid.

Not 1 in 30 who have had it. 1 in 30 ACTIVE cases. That is based on Worldometers just now.

Just shy of 9,250,000 ACTIVE cases.

Comparing to Canada we are about half of that ratio if you consider ALL cases including those resolved.

We only have 80.080 active cases.

Maybe we are not doing as bad a job as we sometimes think we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                    Just looking at US numbers out of curiousity. They are nearly at 1 in 30 of their population having an active case of Covid.

Not 1 in 30 who have had it. 1 in 30 ACTIVE cases. That is based on Worldometers just now.

Just shy of 9,250,000 ACTIVE cases.

Comparing to Canada we are about half of that ratio if you consider ALL cases including those resolved.

We only have 80.080 active cases.

Maybe we are not doing as bad a job as we sometimes think we are.
                    That would put Canada at about 1 in 47, or close to that at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by threeputt View Post

That would put Canada at about 1 in 47, or close to that at least.
                      1 in 475 or so if my math is any good.

38M / 80k
                      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Let me see . . . I played 100+ rounds last year, how many did you play with your short season . . .
                        I got in 25....average for me. Although in fairness don’t you get 3 weeks of 22 hours of light per day. In that time you could play 3-4 times a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

38M / 80k
                          Fat fingers can't type, missed a number.

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

I got in 25....average for me. Although in fairness don’t you get 3 weeks of 22 hours of light per day. In that time you could play 3-4 times a day.
                            Now you are getting it . . . For me it is more after lunch and after supper . . .

My friend walks 18 in the morning . . . plays 9 or 13 or 18 after lunch with wife or kids . . . and then 18 with us after supper. There is a reason he is a 1 hdcp . . .

All good Nolan, hope you and your family manage around this lockdown. It must be so hard on active kids . . . Keep safe.

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

38M / 80k
                              Yes we are considerably better.

I do recall earlier in the pandemic our /1000 numbers were closer. The US is in real serious trouble. They could make Italy and Spain look like a blip.

Comment

• US gonna hit 400K deaths some time Friday.
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X