• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/a...mpression=true

Interesting words from Boris today.

bladerunner
    The text before the video seemed promising.. "There is therefore no credible route to a zero COVID Britain or indeed a zero COVID world. And we cannot persist indefinitely with restrictions that debilitate our economy, our physical and mental well-being, and the life chances of our children." But the video was more of the same bullshit, Step 1 - step 2, red light - green light.. Step two for them doesn't start until April 12.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

• Would they have been excluded, because the risk was possibly too high? If so, what is the strategy going forward?

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Becuase the Phase 3 trials excluded immunocompromised individuals. So no data.
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
        Would they have been excluded, because the risk was possibly too high? If so, what is the strategy going forward?

My thought was that they were in a rush to get the vaccines approved, so they enrolled mostly healthy individuals in the trial. They do not want any potential issues with trial participants to derail their timeline. For people that are immunocompromised and/or with autoimmune disorders, probably best to consult your physician before getting vaccine. Someone I know who is on Keytruda for his lymphoma decided not to take the vaccine after consulting with his oncologist.

Comment

• Yah. I reached out to my doctor to clarify.
          I take Simponi which is a derivative of Humira with a methotrexate kicker for crohns so I’d like to know myself.
          Driver: yup..5 of those
          3 Wood: 'bout 4
          Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
          Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
          Wedges: Lots
          Putter: A016836

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

No. Vikings. And still p!ssed about 1975 NFC divisional playoff game when Staubach launched a Hail Mary on last play of game and Drew Pearson blatantly pushed off with no call. Game over.
            Hate the Cowboys as much as the Habs. And commies.
            Well what do you know. That means that you have not totally gone over to the 'dark side'.

We might still be able to re-educate you. Or at least sit together during an NFL game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingnut View Post

The text before the video seemed promising.. "There is therefore no credible route to a zero COVID Britain or indeed a zero COVID world. And we cannot persist indefinitely with restrictions that debilitate our economy, our physical and mental well-being, and the life chances of our children." But the video was more of the same bullshit, Step 1 - step 2, red light - green light.. Step two for them doesn't start until April 12.
              And the UK is far ahead of much of the world regarding vaccination rates.

A look at progress made in vaccinating the country, as more than 52 million people have received at least one dose and 38 million have had a booster or third dose.

According to last night's news in Scotland over 20% of the population has received vaccinations. For the first week of January they were averaging 47,000 'jabs' per day.

Furthermore the success rate with only one dose is now estimated to be better than originally projected.

So Johnson's statement is nothing new or even much different from what we have been hearing for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

According to last night's news in Scotland over 20% of the population has received vaccinations. For the first week of January they were averaging 47,000 'jabs' per day.

I always called it a jag, then there is this:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...ether-jag-jab/

Comment

• OMA not in agreement with Ford and Williams.

"The OMA is calling for even stricter measures in the province’s colour-coded framework. Among them, banning indoor dining in ‘Red-Control’ zones’ and encouraging stores to offer curbside service instead of allowing customers inside."
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                    OMA not in agreement with Ford and Williams.

"The OMA is calling for even stricter measures in the province’s colour-coded framework. Among them, banning indoor dining in ‘Red-Control’ zones’ and encouraging stores to offer curbside service instead of allowing customers inside."
                    Hope Ford tells them to go to hell. Covid is only one element of health. People in despair because of lockdown isolation and financial ruin don't seem to gain any sympathy with these unelected publicly funded pontificators. These doc's are ignoring the whole patient, including those in despair and suffering isolation now one year in. They don't care. Not their businesses or jobs at risk.

Comment

I have wondered if imposing/enforcing strict 'curbside pick-up only' policies might actually provide the smaller, independent stores with an advantage over the big boxes?

Possibly because for the past year the majority of our shopping has been conducted at/with the smaller independents or 'chains'. Independent grocer primarily, independent pharmacy, local Home Hardware, local independent mechanic.

Would appreciate reading the thoughts/experiences of others regarding this.

Comment

Hope they tell the OMA to get stuffed.

Comment

I dunno about that.

I only take my covid advice from actual healthcare professionals....

Ones in the field, and all that...

But never mind my sarcasm, it's yet another example of how difficult it is for Doug to steer a proper course through this. He's getting polar opposite advice, daily, from experts.

Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

Hope they tell the OMA to get stuffed.
                            Pfft! What do a bunch of doctors know anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

Pfft! What do a bunch of doctors know anyway?
                              They certainly don’t know how to balance multiple interests, which is why we elect lawmakers, instead of hiring industry experts to make policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I dunno about that.

I only take my covid advice from actual healthcare professionals....

Ones in the field, and all that...

But never mind my sarcasm, it's yet another example of how difficult it is for Doug to steer a proper course through this. He's getting polar opposite advice, daily, from experts.

Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll.
                                + Ford has his own family asking if they can go to the cottage for Easter weekend this year.....

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X