Collapse

Working Above the Clouds

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Above the Clouds

This video took my mind off everything that’s happening in the world. Why? Because at 1500 feet in the air on a communication tower, you better pay attention to nothing else. My heart rate went up and my palms began to sweat as I watched this video. They could offer me a million dollars to replace one of those men, and I’d decline. Crazy brave, they are or just crazy.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

I bet that’s not a $20 a hr job, OMG, your a special kind of person to be able to do that..🙂
    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Pro V1x Left Dash
    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Tom, according to comments made by guys who claim to do that kind of work, their hourly wage is not very much - less than $35 per hour.

Originally posted by hannah View Post
      I bet that’s not a $20 a hr job, OMG, your a special kind of person to be able to do that..🙂

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
        This video took my mind off everything that’s happening in the world. Why? Because at 1500 feet in the air on a communication tower, you better pay attention to nothing else. My heart rate went up and my palms began to sweat as I watched this video. They could offer me a million dollars to replace one of those men, and I’d decline. Crazy brave, they are or just crazy.

Those guys must just be wired differently.

They seem so calm moving around way up there on that tiny platform. How can they not be affected by the height?

Anyways, at the risk of thread-jacking, I followed a related youtube link and found it pretty compelling too.

A guy and his wife and two daughters returning from his brother's funeral in a chartered King Air has to take the controls and land the plane when the pilot suddenly dies shortly after takeoff.

Lucky, he had 80 hours experience in a Cessna 18 years earlier but gave up flying.

yikes.

I couldn't stop watching.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Very scary, as is this other job below...

Like Iggy just thought I would add to the mix

Not above the clouds but barely above the waves...https://youtu.be/xK7gjCvtaWM
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Thanks for both additional videos. Loved them.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
              Tom, according to comments made by guys who claim to do that kind of work, their hourly wage is not very much - less than $35 per hour.

Doesn't high rise window washers make more $$ I would of thought they made a lot more than $35 a hr , must love what they do , they are wired differently to do that for a living...
              Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
              Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
              Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
              Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
              Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
              Pro V1x Left Dash
              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
              Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club