Collapse

Premier League 2020/21

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League 2020/21

New season starts tomorrow. Liverpool and City are clearly favs but Chelsea could surprise. Arsenal should be better as well. Leeds under Belsia should be interesting. In deference to 4underthru9 I am encouraged by Newcastle moves so far. Should be better with Wilson and Fraser. Fantasy team is complete, my picks for Superbru are in.
    Who is your pick for champs this year and who will surprise?

As a neutral of epl footy, liverpool and city haven't done much tinkering. I think I would give city the slight edge this year if they can complete their transfer of Koulibaly to tighten up their defense. Even though lpool had the season wrapped up miles ahead of time, they didnt look so great towards the end of they year. Hopefully that won't carry over and it was because there was nothing left to play for in the league.

Chelsea definitely will be an interesting team to watch. Lots of great players signed, but how long will it take for everyone to gel. Basically 4-5 new starters in the squad, but great potential.

Arsenal with a few signings. Maybe Willian will regain previous form and the new additions can improve. Will definitely add pace but still unknown to the league

United will be interesting as well. Fernades with a full season could potentially add a lot, and maybe pogba we refind form of the juventus days, along side van de beek

Under the radar for me is everton. Made some surprise moves with allan, doucoure and james. Think they will be in the top 6 this year replacing leciester, who I feel their wonderful run might be coming to an end now and drop back down to mid pack

Comment

Arrrgh! Sterling is still with Man City!!!

Not EPL, but I am watching the implosion of Barca at La Liga.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        Arrrgh! Sterling is still with Man City!!!

Not EPL, but I am watching the implosion of Barca at La Liga.
        I dont understand why you would not want Sterling at city, if you are a city fan? surely he is one of your best players? and the fact is that he would improve most, if not all sides in the world,

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
          As a neutral of epl footy, liverpool and city haven't done much tinkering. I think I would give city the slight edge this year if they can complete their transfer of Koulibaly to tighten up their defense. Even though lpool had the season wrapped up miles ahead of time, they didnt look so great towards the end of they year. Hopefully that won't carry over and it was because there was nothing left to play for in the league.

Chelsea definitely will be an interesting team to watch. Lots of great players signed, but how long will it take for everyone to gel. Basically 4-5 new starters in the squad, but great potential.

Arsenal with a few signings. Maybe Willian will regain previous form and the new additions can improve. Will definitely add pace but still unknown to the league

United will be interesting as well. Fernades with a full season could potentially add a lot, and maybe pogba we refind form of the juventus days, along side van de beek

Under the radar for me is everton. Made some surprise moves with allan, doucoure and james. Think they will be in the top 6 this year replacing leciester, who I feel their wonderful run might be coming to an end now and drop back down to mid pack
          Everton looked good last night with all the new names contributing well. Doucoure always impressed me defensively, surprised more clubs didn't chase him. West Brom looked lost against Leicester. Liverpool allowed 3 goals against Leeds??

Comment

Leeds will surprise a few teams this year. They will stay up pretty easily I think.

Comment

Go Magpies
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                Leeds will surprise a few teams this year. They will stay up pretty easily I think.
                i would be a bit worried about Bielsa, looks very wound up on the sideline, that he may spontaneously combust

Comment

^^^ same again this weekend

Very comfortable win for Liverpool yesterday at Stamford Bridge. Thiago looked the business when he came on - slotted in perfectly. He completed more passes than any Chelsea player and he only played the 2nd half.

Fabinho brilliant at CB. If they can get another backup CB in before the window shuts - we should be looking at another fun season.

Comment

^^^ same again this weekend

Very comfortable win for Liverpool yesterday at Stamford Bridge. Thiago looked the business when he came on - slotted in perfectly. He completed more passes than any Chelsea player and he only played the 2nd half.

[/SIZE]
                    To be fair, Chelsea were down to 10 men and there was a period of possession for lpool for probably about 10 minutes straight of just passing around where he touched the ball at least 20 times. I still rate him as a top 3 CM in football though. Should have an impact when he gets full time minutes.

Everton looking good early! and will be interesting to see spurs with the Bale signing

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post

To be fair, Chelsea were down to 10 men and there was a period of possession for lpool for probably about 10 minutes straight of just passing around where he touched the ball at least 20 times. I still rate him as a top 3 CM in football though. Should have an impact when he gets full time minutes.

Everton looking good early! and will be interesting to see spurs with the Bale signing
                      The Bale thing I don't get. He is a fine player. He has been injured almost 50% of his playing time over the last two years. Cost the same as a good young player if not more. Can he help? Possibly. But why risk that much money on a 50/50 prop?
                      Thiago is obviously quality but comes at a more reasonable price. Liverpool really have not had a central playmaker. Should be interesting to see what he adds.
                      City start the season by giving KDB penalties (finally) but Stones starts at CB (yuck).
                      Every team wants to add a CB it seems and the Euro leagues are holding the EPL hostage on transfers for all the young talent. Arsenal got Gabriel early for a reasonable fee. Smart business.
                      ​​​​​​United looked terrible at Palace. But Ole has only had a week with the full squad.

Comment

I always liked Brendan Rodgers

Comment

I always liked Brendan Rodgers
                          I like what he doing at Leicester. He brought in Castagne who so far looks very solid defensively and can contribute going forward. He frustrated players with quality tackling. They already have Pereira who is also a very strong defender, should be back on November. They rent Under from Roma and he has alot of potential in the right circumstance. Risk free, if it doesn't work out they simply ship him back. Now it looks like they will get Wesley Fofana from Etienne. Brilliant young central defender who frustrates offensive players with quality tackles and intercepts. A back line with Pereira, Castagne and Fofana is not going to be fun to play against.

The new handball rule is a joke. Should be scraped immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post

They rent Under from Roma and he has alot of potential in the right circumstance. Risk free, if it doesn't work out they simply ship him back.
                            Being a life long Roma fan, he can be an extremely frustrating player. He does have his moments of brilliance, but then there are times where he will go unnoticed for stretches of games at a time. His decision making is definitely the one weak point that stands out above the rest. I do wish him well and hope he flourishes as the potential is there, just hope that people do not expect this to come right away, especially in such a high intensity demanding league like the EPL

Comment

Aston Villa remains undefeated 2 -0 Go VILLIANS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X