/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Toronto Maple Leafs 2020 - 2021 Thread

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More sluggish than I expected the boys would be... and Five-Hole-Freddie was way too soft. They got some lucky breaks, but didn’t play well. Pretty happy Bogo sat in the box for most of the game, he was surprisingly bad in his Toronto debut.

    Matthews on the PK?

    They’ll have to figure out Suzuki and Anderson cause there’s what? 9 more Habs games?

    Fun game nonetheless, and Willy’s two goals looked great.

    I expect to hear some noise about every game being (potentially) three points
    Greg

    Comment


    • Nice fight. I thought the other guy dropped the gloves first. And Simmonds could have corked him one on the way down but didn't. Classy. Maybe the guy will think twice before sticking Matthews again. I see Brodie's ability. Would like to see Robertson in there instead of the new guy. Not yet seeing what Thornton brings but it's early.

      Comment


      • I can watch 8 more of these two teams. Fun game between evenly matched teams.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

          ‘Zactly. I believe I can safely say that I did not jump on the “way too much” bandwagon.
          True, as a side note apparently Nylander has gone to a softer flex, shot looked pretty good on the second goal, first one was pretty lucky I thought.
          WITB

          D: PING G410 Plus 9*
          F: PING G25 16.5*
          H: PING G400 19* & 22*
          I: PING G400 5 - PW
          W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
          P: PING Anser 1966 TR

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
            I can watch 8 more of these two teams. Fun game between evenly matched teams.
            Which game do you plan on skipping?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by okgndave View Post

              Which game do you plan on skipping?
              Do they play 10 in total ?

              probably cant watch them all, have a fishing trip May 8th and no tv so that one
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

                Do they play 10 in total ?

                probably cant watch them all, have a fishing trip May 8th and no tv so that one


                Yes, 10 with Montreal and Winnipeg, 9 vs the rest.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by okgndave View Post



                  Yes, 10 with Montreal and Winnipeg, 9 vs the rest.
                  Same with the west group I assume?
                  WITB

                  D: PING G410 Plus 9*
                  F: PING G25 16.5*
                  H: PING G400 19* & 22*
                  I: PING G400 5 - PW
                  W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
                  P: PING Anser 1966 TR

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                    Nice fight. I thought the other guy dropped the gloves first. And Simmonds could have corked him one on the way down but didn't. Classy. Maybe the guy will think twice before sticking Matthews again. I see Brodie's ability. Would like to see Robertson in there instead of the new guy. Not yet seeing what Thornton brings but it's early.
                    After the game Simmonds admitted that he invited Chiarot to dance. Simmonds felt that his team was sluggish up to that point.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

                      Same with the west group I assume?
                      Yes, Calgary plays Edmonton 10 times. Looking forward to those games.

                      Comment


                      • During the telecast last night, it was pointed out tnat it was possible for a team to win the cup while playing only 8 teams. I thought about it, a Canadian team plays 6 others during the season, then 2 series against teams from their division to get to the final 4. Then they'd play one more team in the semi final, then one more in the Cup final. I found that bizarre. Only playing 8 of the other 30 teams.
                        Last edited by 4wedges; Jan 14, 2021, 07:34 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

                          After the game Simmonds admitted that he invited Chiarot to dance. Simmonds felt that his team was sluggish up to that point.
                          Chiarot a tough guy with the cross checks from behind. Regardless, glad he took a few. Nice way for Simmonds to become a team fave. I do remember when fights were commonplace. Now, not so much.

                          Comment


                          • Overall, I am pleased. I would expect things will tighten up, as a team going forward. There is an added sense of optimism for me; with this team.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                              Nice comeback by the boys! I was worried at 3-1 that they'd fold up the tent and go home, but they showed a lot coming back to get the win. I found it entertaining to watch. It's so cool to have hockey back.
                              I think that might've happened, had the Leafs not have gotten pumped up by seeing Simmonds win that fight! I feel in the last few seasons, aside from guys like Clifford and Martin (when he was on the team), most Leaf fights weren't too 'convincing'; ie. mild tussle/maybe some light grappling, a few punches here and there, etc. That said though, it didn't look like the Leafs fighter wanted to be in the fighting position to begin with (ie. Spezza? Kapanen?).

                              But seeing Simmonds fight, even before the fight started, you could just see in his (Simmonds) eyes that he wanted to kick some @$$. Which he did, but he didn't kill the guy or over-do it either. (I think after the fight in the penalty box, he even gave Chiarot a thumbs up).

                              Anyhoo; it was refreshing to see a Leaf player kick @$$! It was almost like reliving the Tie Domi days (late 90s/early 00's).

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post

                                I think that might've happened, had the Leafs not have gotten pumped up by seeing Simmonds win that fight! I feel in the last few seasons, aside from guys like Clifford and Martin (when he was on the team), most Leaf fights weren't too 'convincing'; ie. mild tussle/maybe some light grappling, a few punches here and there, etc. That said though, it didn't look like the Leafs fighter wanted to be in the fighting position to begin with (ie. Spezza? Kapanen?).

                                But seeing Simmonds fight, even before the fight started, you could just see in his (Simmonds) eyes that he wanted to kick some @$$. Which he did, but he didn't kill the guy or over-do it either. (I think after the fight in the penalty box, he even gave Chiarot a thumbs up).

                                Anyhoo; it was refreshing to see a Leaf player kick @$$! It was almost like reliving the Tie Domi days (late 90s/early 00's).
                                I always enjoyed seeing Wendel drop the gloves.
                                WITB

                                D: PING G410 Plus 9*
                                F: PING G25 16.5*
                                H: PING G400 19* & 22*
                                I: PING G400 5 - PW
                                W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
                                P: PING Anser 1966 TR

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Latest TGN Reviews


                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard


                                Collapse

                                Today's Birthdays


                                Working...
                                X