Collapse

Toronto Maple Leafs 2020 - 2021 Thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

My beef is Anderson never had it covered and didn’t know where it was. That puck is free it’s one thing if Anderson had it pinned under his pad and it was jammed in but that puck was loose.
    I didn’t see anything conclusive on the angles I saw, it could be argued that Andersen dropped his left pad on the puck.

Not sure if the NHL has additional angles.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I didn’t see anything conclusive on the angles I saw, it could be argued that Andersen dropped his left pad on the puck.

Not sure if the NHL has additional angles.
      Stuff like that makes the NHL look bad. The ref had no clue from the beginning he saw the puck in the net when he skated closer and the players were celebrating. then good goal then no goal.
      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Kotkaniemi completely missed the puck and pushed Andersen's pad into the net, that's interference.

Comment

My beef is Anderson never had it covered and didn’t know where it was. That puck is free it’s one thing if Anderson had it pinned under his pad and it was jammed in but that puck was loose.
          While it was visible from certain angles it was between his pad and the ice. That is “control” and that is what would enable the ref to whistle the play. That puck was not going in without the push on the pad. You cannot push a goalie who has control of the puck into the net or interfere with him.

Comment

• So I think this is 15 points in a week for Matthew’s so far.

Did some quick math, Matthew’s is on pace for 311,005 points this season.
            Last edited by Pingeye2_fan; Feb 20, 2021, 09:47 PM.
            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
            Ping G400 4H - 22*
            Ping G400 5 - UW
            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

While it was visible from certain angles it was between his pad and the ice. That is “control” and that is what would enable the ref to whistle the play. That puck was not going in without the push on the pad. You cannot push a goalie who has control of the puck into the net or interfere with him.
              I never saw that angle
              Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A45AA175-D247-4B67-876A-D5D839BDB27F.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	3324488
                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                Ping G400 5 - UW
                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                  So I think this is 15 points in a week for Matthew’s so far.

Did some quick math, Matthew’s is on pace for 311,005 points this season.
                  I don't know what changed from last year but I watch him now skate his butt off to back check and play a lot more physically. He should now be wearing the C and I'm sure he will some day. I'm not very impressed with the play of Tavares lately.

Comment

I never saw that angle
                    Well I’m a retired “beer-league super-star” goalie so I really watch this kinda stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by davepratt View Post

I don't know what changed from last year but I watch him now skate his butt off to back check and play a lot more physically. He should now be wearing the C and I'm sure he will some day. I'm not very impressed with the play of Tavares lately.
                      I heard he lost 15 pounds over the break. He also trained with McDavid in the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattv88 View Post

I heard he lost 15 pounds over the break. He also trained with McDavid in the off-season.
                        He seems faster for sure and I bet his cardio is probably a bit better as well.

I think he really wants to be known as a complete hockey player, if you look at the screen capture in post # 668 it shows some good stats other than scoring.
                        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                        Ping G400 4H - 22*
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Its weird; the Leafs were outhit significantly by the Habs tonight, same like last time, but it didn't seem like anyone on the Leafs got rocked. If anything, I noticed Bogosian finally started hitting and looked mean out there, taking down some Habs in the corners. I think Matthews hit Anderson and was able to withstand a Weber hit as well. Willy was benched in the third and so far and lately, I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Tavares - Nylander line/pairing was as big of a threat compared to earlier this season or last.

Matthews should've been Captain but I'm pretty sure that moon-job during the offseason probably hurt his chances (at the time). Oh well... he's scoring, the Leafs are winning, and maybe the Tavares - Nylander line gets going once Simmonds comes back...

Comment

• Matthews Marner combo is deadly. They have a good relationship and practise a lot together where I see it actually come into play. I really hope they keep this up.

Comment

• Matthews and Marner are deadly. Maybe take a game and put Marner with Tavares and move Nylander up to see if you can get them going. Too the people that said Tavares made Marner have a career year I think Marner made Tavares have a career year. Anybody that Marners played with has had great going back to when he was Bozak and JVR. Matthews just scores doesn’t matter who’s he’s with.
                              Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Another solid win against the Habs. Matthews has been playing great, I've been impressed with his overall game this year, and of course his shot is simply amazing. Marner is back to doing what he does and the 2 of them are ripping it up. Obviously.
                                I didn't notice Willy much last night, and I guess Keefe kind of agreed, which is why he benched Willy for half of the 3rd; I was glad to read that this morning. Holding the players accountable, I like it. One thing with the divisional play this year - for all teams - is it's tough to judge how good a team or a player is because they are playing against just a small number of opponents. Are the Leafs this good? Or, is the division mediocre? Can't really tell. At this point I'm just enjoying the ride.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X