Collapse

NHL 2020-2021 season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
    Kinda random, but recently checked out the stats on Alexis Lafreniere; 1 goal in 15 games and a -7 on the Rangers so far. All I heard about this guy was he was projected to be the next Crosby (same numbers/stats/team in his Jr yrs).

I'm not sure what line he's on there, but I'm wondering if maybe playing on the Rangers in a tough division might be hurting his game? That said, you could've made the same argument with Stutzle but he seems to be doing okay on the Senators (mind you, in a much more non-defensive division) w/ 5 goals, 4 assists in 16 games (-14 though).
    I saw Lafreniere play 4 times in Junior and was never really impressed. Then he played for Canadian Jr and he was their best player (I was still not convince). He is more like a Drouin (Montreal). Please, NEVER compare him to Crosby or McKinnon . . .

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post

I can't remember what game it was, but a season ago or two, I'm pretty sure I saw Auston Matthews hit/cross-check Weber. The Canadiens look pretty nasty with Weber, Anderson, Edmundson, Perry (to name a few). I think Chiarot is their biggest player (6'3, 230 ish lbs) and yet Simmonds beat him pretty good on the season opener. I don't know how accurate this is, but it says Simmonds is 6'2, 185 lbs... The weight part is what's throwing me off.

Anyhoo; the Leafs need to be tougher against the Canadiens. The Leafs didn't look too bad against the Sens, as I'm guessing they learned from their games against the Canadiens.
      I've mentioned that he lives a couple streets over from me and that I have spoken to him a couple times. From those brief interactions , I would say he is lean and lanky. He's not, nor ever has been considered a heavyweight NHL brawler but he is a tough kid who is big enough and certainly isn't afraid to throw them. In a way reminds me of David Clarkson who was about the same size and had no fear of dropping the mitts.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
        . In a way reminds me of David Clarkson who was about the same size and had no fear of dropping the mitts.
        I prefer not to be reminded of David Clarkson!

Comment

• Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

I prefer not to be reminded of David Clarkson!

Comment

• A few observations of the season so far:

1. The all-Canadian division is a fun anomaly, for this year. Will be happy to go back to the old Divisions in the future. But seeing more of the eastern teams and eastern broadcasts (I am in Calgary) is getting me more familiar with the players. The all-Canadian rivalries are expanding a bit too. That is fun.
            2. NOT seeing as many of the US games, especially in the west, has hurt this year. More due to personal circumstances. One friends son is playing for Colorado and seems to be sticking. Another buddy’s son just got his first looks with the Kings, has played the last 5 games due to injuries and by all accounts has made a solid impression. I saw is first game a week and a half ago and he did well (D-man, 17+min,+1 in a 5-2 loss and 2PIMS. ) He has been well over 13 min per game since, with another at 17+ min. Would be great to watch these two more often.
            3. nice to see Montreal doing well (my former fave team as a kid, before I moved to Calgary in 1991). Some play has been brilliant (McDavid, Draisaitl, Mathews) and overall, I think a lot of team play has been disappointing, my Flames chief among them. Should have easily had 6 of 8 points vs the 4 games against Vancouver. Played horrid and didn’t deserve to win the first game,IMO.

4. Nice to see my neighbour sticking with the TV broadcasts between periods on Sportsnet. He seems to be getting more comfortable as last night in second intermission he did a nice job sticking up for 3rd and 4th liners and the important jobs they do when Eric Francis made a disparaging comment about Edmontons 3rd and 4th lines and the impossibility of secondary scoring from them. That was pretty funny.
            Callaway Epic SZ, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45"
            Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
            Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
            Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
            TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
            Titleist Vokey 52*/8 and 58*/8 SM6 wedges
            Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

• Lafreniere is 15 games into his NHL career and people are already calling him a bust... jeeze. Thornton had 7 points in 55 games his first NHL season and he became one of the best playmakers of all time. Some people take a bit to find their footing

Comment

• 7 goals on 19 shots for Edmonton tonight.
                Calgary should pull their goalie now with 18 minutes left in the 3rd.
                WITB

PING G410 Plus 9*
                PING G25 16.5*
                PING G400 19* & 22*
                PING G400 5 - UW
                Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
                PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                  7 goals on 19 shots for Edmonton tonight.
                  Calgary should pull their goalie now with 18 minutes left in the 3rd.
                  Looks like they backed off in the third period being up 6-1.

McJesus with a ho hum 3g and 2 assists.
                  too bad they don't have any strength on the back end or in goal to make a run in the post season.

Flames are ok defensively most nights but can't generate any offence. I think the bottom of the North standings is going to end up like it is now with Ott, Van, Cal the 3 celler dwellers.

Comment

I've mentioned that he lives a couple streets over from me and that I have spoken to him a couple times. From those brief interactions , I would say he is lean and lanky. He's not, nor ever has been considered a heavyweight NHL brawler but he is a tough kid who is big enough and certainly isn't afraid to throw them. In a way reminds me of David Clarkson who was about the same size and had no fear of dropping the mitts.
                    I have never met him but the 185 sounds right from what I know.

He is considered a freak in the gym though, the BioSteel camp guys freak out about his strength to weight ratio and his stamina in the gym. Freak athlete (among freak athletes) by all accounts. Did I mention freak?

Hope he picks up where he left off when he comes back.

Comment

• Sens beat the Habs twice this week, tis a beautiful thing. Price looks very ordinary and the 4th goal was about as soft as they get.
                      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• And Julien is gone along with Muller. Ducharme takes over as the intern right now
                        Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                        TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                        Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                        Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                        Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                        Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                        Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                          And Julien is gone along with Muller. Ducharme takes over as the intern right now
                          They were playing well a week ago, loose three in a row and you get the boot?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrigley View Post

They were playing well a week ago, loose three in a row and you get the boot?
                            Bit of a head scratcher

Comment

Bit of a head scratcher
                              2 wins in their last 8 and sinking like a stone in the standings. Bergevin trying to save his job.
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

2 wins in their last 8 and sinking like a stone in the standings. Bergevin trying to save his job.
                                But on pace for 100 point season (over 82 games) and are first in the league in GF% and xGF% 5v5....they had the best results and expected results based on scoring chances....and that without a bona fide star player.

So ya, to me a head scratcher that you would fire the head coach with those stats.

They do have the 2nd worst PP share time and very below average PP/PK. And Price has not been good ( or at least normal)

perhaps it being a shortened season they need to be more reactive . add to that being in a weak division Bergeron likely thinks they can go deep so as you say, trying to stop the bleeding. Seems a bit of a panic move to me

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X