/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

NHL 2020-2021 season

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bobogo View Post

    What a surprise the blue and white no worse than 2nd from the boys at the Toronto Sports Network!
    That tends to happen when they are the best Canadian team.

    Whats a joke is Monteal being put in 1st by Button. They improved, but not nearly enough compared to other teams. I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs, but 1st is mightly lofty for a team whos big acquisition was Josh Anderson.

    My prediction is:
    1. Toronto
    2. Edmonton
    3. Montreal
    4. Calgary
    5. Winnigpeg
    6. Vancouver
    7. Ottawa
    Last edited by Kessly Snipes; Jan 13, 2021, 12:03 PM.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

    Comment


    • Edmonton
      Toronto
      Montreal
      Calgary
      Vancouver
      Ottawa
      Winnipeg

      Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
      TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
      Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
      Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
      Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
      Ping Hoofer

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

        LOL...I missed that. I have them at 2nd last. Yep lots of wild cards, injuries as usual to key players and any COVID outbreaks. And really, it's only a matter of making it to the playoffs, after that, anything can happen. Funny, most predictions I have seen have the Leafs 1 or 2 in the North but have yet to see anyone who says they will make it past the 2nd round.

        Toronto
        Montreal
        Calgary
        Edmonton
        Vancouver
        Ottawa
        Winnipeg
        I like Ottawa 5th better . . . yes they will be better than what people think. Defence is very solid and Murray in net . . . If Stützle produce like he did in Jr Championship . . . I like their young team, a couple of years away but you never know.

        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

        Comment


        • Vancouver has 2 starting players out for tonight's season opener due to covid precautions.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

            I like Ottawa 5th better . . . yes they will be better than what people think. Defence is very solid and Murray in net . . . If Stützle produce like he did in Jr Championship . . . I like their young team, a couple of years away but you never know.
            ya, who knows really. I am not sold on their D but it will be better than last year. Their top six is pretty good.
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

              That tends to happen when they are the best Canadian team.

              Whats a joke is Monteal being put in 1st by Button. They improved, but not nearly enough compared to other teams. I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs, but 1st is mightly lofty for a team whos big acquisition was Josh Anderson.

              My prediction is:
              1. Toronto
              2. Edmonton
              3. Montreal
              4. Calgary
              5. Winnigpeg
              6. Vancouver
              7. Ottawa
              If the blue and white are the best team in Canada then the Canadian based team winning the Stanley Cup drought will continue.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bobogo View Post

                If the blue and white are the best team in Canada then the Canadian based team winning the Stanley Cup drought will continue.
                I know you meant that as a shot against Toronto, but what it really is, is you pointing out the rest of the teams are even further from a cup.
                Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                Srixion Z-Star XV

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

                  I know you meant that as a shot against Toronto, but what it really is, is you pointing out the rest of the teams are even further from a cup.
                  Not really ! Some are saying Toronto is the best Canadian based team. If that is true Toronto is the best Canadian based the cup will stay south of the border another year.

                  If your certain Toronto is the best of the group we could have a friendly wager for a round of golf. Straight up you take Toronto to win the division and I'll take the rest of the teams in the division.

                  Really the slap "shot" is no Canadian teams will win the cup this season unfortunately.

                  Comment


                  • Hard to take much from last night, while a fun and close game it was the first game in a while for both teams and most definitely was bad hockey.

                    Teams will round into form and get better over the next 2-3 weeks after which point contenders and pretenders will become more apparent.

                    IMO, unlike last season, the Leafs will make the playoffs and after that all bets are on the table. We saw how Price was able to steal a series and almost 2 last season so anything can happen. I don't see the Leafs making the SCF but it is certainly possible and that goes for Montreal as well although Leafs should finish higher in the regular season.
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bobogo View Post

                      Not really ! Some are saying Toronto is the best Canadian based team. If that is true Toronto is the best Canadian based the cup will stay south of the border another year.

                      If your certain Toronto is the best of the group we could have a friendly wager for a round of golf. Straight up you take Toronto to win the division and I'll take the rest of the teams in the division.

                      Really the slap "shot" is no Canadian teams will win the cup this season unfortunately.
                      Toronto is the best Canadian team, but not by a wide enough margin that I would bet against the field.
                      Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                      TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                      TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                      TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                      TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                      Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                      5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                      Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                      Srixion Z-Star XV

                      Comment


                      • Really enjoying all the games!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Rifleman View Post
                          Really enjoying all the games!
                          It's great having hockey on pretty well every night. Last night I was watching the Buffalo - Washington game, then the Edmonton-Vancouver game, plus a bit of the Raptors game, and the games were very entertaining. The defences were sloppy which leads to may scoring chances. I noticed teams that didn't play in the bubble were especially sloppy. The coaches may not like it, but it's great to watch.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

                            It's great having hockey on pretty well every night. Last night I was watching the Buffalo - Washington game, then the Edmonton-Vancouver game, plus a bit of the Raptors game, and the games were very entertaining. The defences were sloppy which leads to may scoring chances. I noticed teams that didn't play in the bubble were especially sloppy. The coaches may not like it, but it's great to watch.
                            The Sens play tonight. It will be there first game in 310 days.
                            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                            Comment


                            • I think Ottawa is going to surprise some people.Really like their coach and are starting to build a strong team for the future, and the future might be sooner than expected.
                              I wish Leafs had Brady...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

                                The Sens play tonight. It will be there first game in 310 days.
                                Yeah I suspect their play will be sloppy too. Hopefully the Leafs can capitalize.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Latest TGN Reviews


                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard


                                Collapse

                                Today's Birthdays


                                Working...
                                X