/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Alex Trebek dies of Pancreatic Cancer . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too was saddened to hear this. I watched the show last night and the executive producer did a very moving tribute at the beginning. Alex did very well lasting over 1.5 years from his announcement. A dear friend lasted only 5 months with this awful disease and he was only 63. Alex really beat to odds not only living as long as he did, but being fully functional and working right up until two weeks before he died. That's impressive. I suppose he willed himself to work until the last day that he physically could do so.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
      I too was saddened to hear this. I watched the show last night and the executive producer did a very moving tribute at the beginning. Alex did very well lasting over 1.5 years from his announcement. A dear friend lasted only 5 months with this awful disease and he was only 63.
      It is one of the very worst. Even if it is caught early (stage 1 - not metastisized) the survival rate is still less than 40% IIRC.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

He filmed the last episode just over 2 weeks ago and wanted them shown as is. Will be tough to watch.
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
          I too was saddened to hear this. I watched the show last night and the executive producer did a very moving tribute at the beginning. Alex did very well lasting over 1.5 years from his announcement. A dear friend lasted only 5 months with this awful disease and he was only 63. Alex really beat to odds not only living as long as he did, but being fully functional and working right up until two weeks before he died. That's impressive. I suppose he willed himself to work until the last day that he physically could do so.
          Watched that too, IIRC he also said there were 35 recorded shows still to be shown.
          Frankly not sure that I can handle watching any more shows, let alone 35.
          plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

last episode on Christmas Day

https://calgarysun.com/entertainment...box=1604963666
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
              RIP Alex, will Ken Jennings take his place he is already on Jeopardy staff?
              Ken will the first of a few guest hosts commencing in January 2021
              • "There will only ever be one Alex Trebek, but I'm honored to be helping 'Jeopardy!' out with this in January," Jennings wrote on Twitter.
              plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Did anyone happen to watch the first episode of Jeopardy! since the passing of Alex Trebek, with Ken Jennings as the host.
                I honestly didn't think that I would like Ken Jennings as the host, but I thought he actually did a very good job. Much better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised.
                It was odd not hearing Trebek's voice, but I enjoyed the episode. Ken also paid a touching tribute to Alex at the beginning of the show.

Comment

I watched last night, wouldn't miss it for the world.
                  Jennings was great, the tribute at the beginning of the show gave me a tear that I didn't have watching Alex's last episode of Friday. You could tell it was from the heart and that there was a friendship there not just a business relationship.
                  Undoubtedly whoever takes over permanently will probably try to put their own spin on things but I thought Jennings was true to the history of the show.

Was talking to a friend the other day who's also a big Jeopardy fan. I determined it's not only my favourite gameshow, it's probably my favourite show ever, period.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                  X