/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Covid 19 Vaccine, will you be getting it and if so, when?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Covid 19 Vaccine, will you be getting it and if so, when?

Originally posted by xrox View Post

I'd love to see a poll done here on TGN (not sure how to) on who will be getting the vaccine when it is available to them. With some discussion on why, or more interestingly, why not. I will be in line when my time comes but only if the safety and efficacy data stay as they are currently. From talking to others on this topic, I worry that the rush through clinical trials will scare a huge percentage away.

The science of these new genetic mRNA vaccines, to be given to billions, is fascinating. Essentially instructing/disguising our own immune cells to look like a COVID virus. It looks to be groundbreaking in many areas of medicine, including cancer.

Unfortunately it seemed to jog my memory of movies like Serenity, I am Legend, and World War Z, but I have WAAAYYY too active an imagination
    Your wish is my command! Hey guys might as well ask. I hope I cover enough options.
    I will get the vaccine ASAP available.
    61.70%
    I will get the vaccine after a period of time when it has been released and I feel it is safe
    21.28%
    I will wait for a long time to see how early adopters fare.
    10.64%
    I will not get the vaccine for personal reasons.
    6.38%

Feel free to discuss your reasons gents!

Comment

Being a healthy male in his early 50’s I’m probably one of the Lowest priorities so will get it when it’s available to me
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
        Being a healthy male in his early 50’s I’m probably one of the Lowest priorities so will get it when it’s available to me
        Same, my expectation is my/our turn will probably be no earlier than late Fall 2021.

A recent poll indicated that 70% of Canadians say they plan to get it. The number is ~40% in the US.

as for antivaxers ......just put them on all the unused cruise ships and let them stay at sea.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I voted C, wait for awhile. But not because I would be worried about the vaccine, but because the logistics of getting it to 35 million people will be daunting. I am not in a high risk group, but know others (like my siblings) who are and I would rather they get it ahead of me. However, I would have no hesitation about getting the vaccine.

Comment

My wife is a nurse and will get it before me. As long as she doesn't grow and extra head or a tail, I'll get it as soon as the roll out includes me. I'm not in a high risk group but I can be a carrier, and so, though I'm not concerned about my own health, I'll get the vaccine so that I'm not an asymptomatic spreader.

Comment

I will get the vaxine as soon as its available to me. I am glad the antivaxer movement is not as widespread in Canada. We are not big consumer of conspiracy theories as compared to Americans.

Comment

I honestly can't find anything more of value to say. The previous posters have summed this up remarkably well.

Comment

Sign me up!

I wonder if it will be mandatory for kids in school, but with an 'out' like other vaccines have. Or, will there by no opting out if attending in person.
                  We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                  Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                  Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                  Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                  Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                  Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                  Srixon Star XV
                  Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                    I honestly can't find anything more of value to say.
                    Wow...this vaccine really is incredible. It's working magic and it's not even out yet!
                    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

Wow...this vaccine really is incredible. It's working magic and it's not even out yet!
                      That is the shortest answer I have ever seen AD give. It is magic!!

Kidding :-)
                      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post
                        I will get the vaxine as soon as its available to me. I am glad the antivaxer movement is not as widespread in Canada. We are not big consumer of conspiracy theories as compared to Americans.
                        I am excited for a Vaccine but I won't be first in line for it. You first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

That is the shortest answer I have ever seen AD give. It is magic!!

Kidding :-)
                          I am sitting at the phone/computer trying to get through to book 9 holes for this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

Comment

I'm impressed with the voting so far. Good on you guys!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X