/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Covid 19 Vaccine, will you be getting it and if so, when?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
    Here is one thing I really hope does not become a story in the spring or summer or quite honestly anytime in the future

If we end up hearing that overriding the vaccine dosage timing over the objections of the manufacturers who have tested the timing between first and second doses and we then find hundreds of thousands or millions have lost their immune protection to COVID by not getting the vaccine doses at the correct times we should all be furious.

Anyone who is out there now suggesting we just give it a shot (so to speak) and hope they are right better be ready to be run out of town on a rail (and find the funding to pay for revaccination and the lawsuits that will come).

It is an incredible feat of science we have vaccines in the timeframe we do, it boggles my mind why some, especially politicians and logistics people, feel they can overrule what science has been established for an alternative that is at best a pure guess. It very well could end up working out to be true that other dosage schedules are just as effective but in our compressed timeline to date there is really no way anyone can know that and no way anyone should be suggesting a higher risk approach than we have to, especially if the price to pay for being wrong is to have to do it all over again and people who thought they were safe get infected and die.
    Agreed. I have also heard that some are considering halving the single doses into two.

I don't have any knowledge in immune response science but the plot below (from Moderna) showing neutralizing antibody levels after vaccine administration, seems to show the importance of having two doses of the vaccine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	moderna.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	3302512
    Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
      Here is one thing I really hope does not become a story in the spring or summer or quite honestly anytime in the future

If we end up hearing that overriding the vaccine dosage timing over the objections of the manufacturers who have tested the timing between first and second doses and we then find hundreds of thousands or millions have lost their immune protection to COVID by not getting the vaccine doses at the correct times we should all be furious.

Anyone who is out there now suggesting we just give it a shot (so to speak) and hope they are right better be ready to be run out of town on a rail (and find the funding to pay for revaccination and the lawsuits that will come).

It is an incredible feat of science we have vaccines in the timeframe we do, it boggles my mind why some, especially politicians and logistics people, feel they can overrule what science has been established for an alternative that is at best a pure guess. It very well could end up working out to be true that other dosage schedules are just as effective but in our compressed timeline to date there is really no way anyone can know that and no way anyone should be suggesting a higher risk approach than we have to, especially if the price to pay for being wrong is to have to do it all over again and people who thought they were safe get infected and die.
      I could be worse.

A friend has a sister in the UK who is a doctor.

She's been told to be ready to attend to covid patients if and when the need arises, even though she's in a completely unrelated speciality.

She's received her first dose of vaccine two weeks ago as a "front line" healthcare worker.

She's been told she won't get her second dose until 12 weeks after her first dose. Someone, somewhere in the NHS has figured that should be okay, although there's no research on it.

It's just incredibly stupid.

I can see pushing the second dose out a week or two - the stuff doesn't just stop working a day unless it's exactly 3 weeks, but this is ridiculous. It may render the first shot completely ineffective and have the same end result as if they'd just thrown out the initial vaccines.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I could be worse.

She's been told to be ready to attend to covid patients if and when the need arises, even though she's in a completely unrelated speciality.

She's received her first dose of vaccine two weeks ago as a "front line" healthcare worker.

She's been told she won't get her second dose until 12 weeks after her first dose. Someone, somewhere in the NHS has figured that should be okay, although there's no research on it.

I can see pushing the second dose out a week or two - the stuff doesn't just stop working a day unless it's exactly 3 weeks, but this is ridiculous. It may render the first shot completely ineffective and have the same end result as if they'd just thrown out the initial vaccines.
        Ahh, the UK, who would be the poster country for overall dysfunction were it not for the cover that the US is providing them. Sadly only a silver medal in lunacy for the Brits.

For the sake of your sister and all the others who will be put into her situation I truly hope that the delay makes no difference in the protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I could be worse.

What company is the vaccine from . . . I am sure there is different rules for different companies . . . 12 weeks is sort of long though . . .
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Comment

• bogey5 thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
              X