/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Covid 19 Vaccine, will you be getting it and if so, when?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hannah
    I`m 68 with a health issue, we have the strongest regulatory systems for developing and approving vaccines, at one point have to have faith in our system and Dr`s, I will take the vaccine as soon as it`s available,
    I'm a couple of years younger and without significant health issues, but I agree with the sentiment of trusting our system.

It may be imperfect, but it's pretty good. And I'm not crazy enough to think that I can browse through a couple of hundred pages of research results and come up with a better answer. Heck, I didn't even study Medicine.

I'll get it as soon as I can, and that's assuming that the availability will be managed such that "real seniors", healthcare workers, etc. are getting prioritized to get it earlier.
    Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Nov 21, 2020, 03:14 PM.
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

I will get one but want to ensure those requiring one get a chance first
      "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Being sixty-five, I will get it as soon as it is available. More importantly, I am hopeful it might make it more of a possibility (at some point) of being able to see my Mom.
        Certainly for every person out there too!

Comment

When there is excess supply and all young children, seniors, and those with pre-existing conditions have received it.

Comment

I`m 68 with a health issue, we have the strongest regulatory systems for developing and approving vaccines, at one point have to have faith in our system and Dr`s, I will take the vaccine as soon as it`s available,
            Same age but have cholesterol and blood pressure issues which are managed by medication. Will probably be up there on the list after front line workers and the like I am guessing. I am not an anti-vaxer....have my flu shot...but this is happening so quickly I have some trepidations.

In the end, I am assuming the risks associated with not getting the vaccine as soon as possible especially with my conditions, are greater than the risks of waiting for a period of time.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I wonder if there will be some info about the vaccines actual development. Now that I think about it I don't think that there is a high potential of risk getting the vaccine. Although it seems to be rushed they know how to make safe vaccines. What they need to do is prove that it actually works at preventing Covid.

Comment

The US came out last week with an order of who would get the vaccine . . .

1) Health care personnel and 1st responders

2) People with underlying conditions

3) Essential service workers at high risk, school staff, homeless shelters, prisoners and prison workers . . .

4) Young adults, children and essential service workers at increased risk

5) All others . . .

It will probably be close to the same in Canada . . .

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                  Now that I think about it I don't think that there is a high potential of risk getting the vaccine. Although it seems to be rushed they know how to make safe vaccines. What they need to do is prove that it actually works at preventing Covid.
                  Actually, the new vaccines are a new type of vaccine, messenger RNA or mRNA - this type of vaccine is clinically unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                    I'm impressed with the voting so far. Good on you guys!
                    Marty,

Thanks a bunch for doing this. Really nice to see the results and reasoning.
                    Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

i’m 71. I subscribe to your comment, Tom.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

When my time comes, I will get the vaccine. We need to get back to pre-COVID life. I don’t know about you but the odd time I do go shopping, I still find it odd seeing everyone wearing a mask.... the sooner we can (hoping) get rid of it, the better.

I am afraid that those who do not get the vaccine could see certain restrictions without the ability to prove vaccination. It is going to be interesting how this whole thing unfolds.
                        - Vessel Cart Bag
                        - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
                        - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
                        - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
                        - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
                        - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

I posted this in the other thread... We always talk about how lucky we are living in Canada. https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...vaccine-supply

Comment

I'll get it as soon as available. Being 64 and basically healthy, I expect by end of 2021 maybe it will be offered. But who really knows.

Comment

Qantas CEO says airlines gonna be making vaccination a pre-req to getting on board

“We are looking at changing our terms and conditions to say for international travellers, we will ask people to have a vaccination before they can get on the aircraft,” Mr Joyce told Channel 9 in Australia. “I think that’s going to be a common thing talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” he added.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                                Qantas CEO says airlines gonna be making vaccination a pre-req to getting on board

“We are looking at changing our terms and conditions to say for international travellers, we will ask people to have a vaccination before they can get on the aircraft,” Mr Joyce told Channel 9 in Australia. “I think that’s going to be a common thing talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” he added.
                                I think you are going to see more of that. I can see countries making it a requirement to enter them as well.
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X