/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Covid 19 Vaccine, will you be getting it and if so, when?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read. I am hopeful to be vaccinated Qtr III so making Travel plans for November onwards, may have to reconsider

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I read something a while ago and numbers as I recall were estimated (per dose I believe).
      Pfizer - $40
      Moderna - $30
      AZN - $10
      J&J - $4

Also read that if it works J&J may only need a single dose with potential oral version in the future.

Also saw a presser a few weeks ago where the minister didn't want to get into specific pricing they signed up for vs others.
      From what I am hearing the J & J vaccine is the one that could really make a difference. There is data about to be sent to the US from South Africa that should help get a better understanding on it. If it is universally positive, and approvals begin followed by mass production and distribution, then the entire worldwide timeline to get vaccination out in significant numbers will move much quicker.

I think a lot of hopes are riding on J & J to rapidly accelerate everything as it is both single dose and stays stable for 3 months at regular refrigerator temps (and up to 2 years in a regular freezer).

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

From what I am hearing the J & J vaccine is the one that could really make a difference. There is data about to be sent to the US from South Africa that should help get a better understanding on it. If it is universally positive, and approvals begin followed by mass production and distribution, then the entire worldwide timeline to get vaccination out in significant numbers will move much quicker.

I think a lot of hopes are riding on J & J to rapidly accelerate everything as it is both single dose and stays stable for 3 months at regular refrigerator temps (and up to 2 years in a regular freezer).
        Pfizer/Moderna/AZN are good to get started in first world countries.

Others like J&J at $4/pop or less are gonna be game changers in the rest of the world.

I think I read that J&J has been submitting incremental data to Health Canada on the fly which might help get quicker approval here once their trials are complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
          Unless I missed it no mention of the story that prisoners in Federal jails will be getting vaccines soon. Guards I get but prisoners...don't agree at all with that one until every other citizen in the country has had one.
          The prisoners should be vaccinated for protection of the guards. Sometimes guards have to get physical and close. If its a complete hands off and distance from the inmate population then they will run the prison without fear.
          I'm shocked I haven't heard of an outbreak in any prisons. Whatever they're doing maybe long term care facilities need to follow the same policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarman View Post

The prisoners should be vaccinated for protection of the guards. Sometimes guards have to get physical and close. If its a complete hands off and distance from the inmate population then they will run the prison without fear.
            I'm shocked I haven't heard of an outbreak in any prisons. Whatever they're doing maybe long term care facilities need to follow the same policies.
            If the situation is looked at from a purely public health lens, then vaccinating prisoners before others likely makes sense.. Public health officials will put forth recommendations as to the best way to control the outbreak. They could care less about who gets the vaccine, just that the outbreak is mitigated and lives are saved. The public may not like it, but in the end it is likely the best approach.

And there have been outbreaks. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...reak-1.5846193
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I am reasonably sure I have heard the % of infection inside prisons is much, much higher than the % of infection outside. Not sure how that varies from country to country but pretty sure prisons have been at or near the top of the list of outbreaks around the world, Canada included.

Comment

I am reasonably sure I have heard the % of infection inside prisons is much, much higher than the % of infection outside. Not sure how that varies from country to country but pretty sure prisons have been at or near the top of the list of outbreaks around the world, Canada included.
                What is your source for this? My son has been in and out of MapleHurst the past 6 months (keeps violating a no contact order - mental illness) and from what he has told me there is no infection there. When first admitted you spend a week in isolation. Once you're put in a cell with someone you stay there\eat there.
                If there was a lot of infections and death in prisons why would they not report that but have no problem reporting long term facilities.

Comment

There’s an outbreak in Penetang Prison.

https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/coro...erjail-3205757

Comment

• There have been numerous outbreaks in prisons in Canada and everywhere, it is a serious problem.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

There have been numerous outbreaks in prisons in Canada and everywhere, it is a serious problem.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/following-...sons-1.5240608
                      Yeah, this one came to mind first for me because my daughter lives in Penetang.

Comment

• Some of the info from this afternoon's presser is out ahead:

a couple things i noticed that were interesting
                        "The province is reporting a 72.2 percent increase in hospitalizations over the past four weeks with a 61.2 percent increase in ICU patients."

Click image for larger version

Name:	B6E8E51C-3B2F-4E62-993E-8090481576E6.png
Views:	162
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	3301638 as I have stated before, I firmly believe those breaking the rules is underreported so makes the above even worse.....heavy fines must be levied

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

There has been lots of outbreaks and what he sort of screwed up, prisoners gets vaccinated but not the guards.
                          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

What is your source for this? My son has been in and out of MapleHurst the past 6 months (keeps violating a no contact order - mental illness) and from what he has told me there is no infection there. When first admitted you spend a week in isolation. Once you're put in a cell with someone you stay there\eat there.
                            If there was a lot of infections and death in prisons why would they not report that but have no problem reporting long term facilities.
                            Just google "covid prison outbreaks". It has been a recurring story in many media outlets going back to last spring both in Canada and all around the world. I have seen and read many reports related to it. I guess my source is simply having watched and read the regular news on an ongoing basis as it has come across my radar many times.

Last edited by pendlebg; Jan 13, 2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Here is one thing I really hope does not become a story in the spring or summer or quite honestly anytime in the future

If we end up hearing that overriding the vaccine dosage timing over the objections of the manufacturers who have tested the timing between first and second doses and we then find hundreds of thousands or millions have lost their immune protection to COVID by not getting the vaccine doses at the correct times we should all be furious.

Anyone who is out there now suggesting we just give it a shot (so to speak) and hope they are right better be ready to be run out of town on a rail (and find the funding to pay for revaccination and the lawsuits that will come).

It is an incredible feat of science we have vaccines in the timeframe we do, it boggles my mind why some, especially politicians and logistics people, feel they can overrule what science has been established for an alternative that is at best a pure guess. It very well could end up working out to be true that other dosage schedules are just as effective but in our compressed timeline to date there is really no way anyone can know that and no way anyone should be suggesting a higher risk approach than we have to, especially if the price to pay for being wrong is to have to do it all over again and people who thought they were safe get infected and die.

Comment

Here is one thing I really hope does not become a story in the spring or summer or quite honestly anytime in the future

If we end up hearing that overriding the vaccine dosage timing over the objections of the manufacturers who have tested the timing between first and second doses and we then find hundreds of thousands or millions have lost their immune protection to COVID by not getting the vaccine doses at the correct times we should all be furious.

Anyone who is out there now suggesting we just give it a shot (so to speak) and hope they are right better be ready to be run out of town on a rail (and find the funding to pay for revaccination and the lawsuits that will come).

It is an incredible feat of science we have vaccines in the timeframe we do, it boggles my mind why some, especially politicians and logistics people, feel they can overrule what science has been established for an alternative that is at best a pure guess. It very well could end up working out to be true that other dosage schedules are just as effective but in our compressed timeline to date there is really no way anyone can know that and no way anyone should be suggesting a higher risk approach than we have to, especially if the price to pay for being wrong is to have to do it all over again and people who thought they were safe get infected and die.
                                It does seem to stray from the "follow the science mantra" that politicians have been touting or the last 10 months.

I read there's been some discussion about whether Pfizer could cut off supply if their guidelines are not followed.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X