Collapse

Adamson Barbecue

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamson Barbecue

Thought there would be a thread on this already. Unless it's attatched to something I missed. Wondering what the consensus is on the owner, (Andrew Skelly). He defied a Provincial law and opened his restaurant to a packed crowd. Today, he was arrested after trying to break into his restaurant vowing to open again.

Can't say I have any pity for him. I do understand and sympathize with the issue of any small business right now. He sort of reminds me of Paul Magder opening his furrier business defying the Sunday shopping ban back in the 70's, only lives weren't at risk then.

Personally, I think this guy is an idiot, but I know that there will be support and sympathy for him. If he has no concern with spreading the virus, can't imagine that he's overly concerned with someones steak either.
    Last edited by 73monte; Nov 29, 2020, 07:56 PM.
    Bridgestone J715 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
    Adams Super LS 17d.
    Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
    Scratch 8620 53d.
    Callaway X-forged 58d.
    Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
    Srixon Q-star tour

Don't feel sorry for him in the least. He is the author of his own issues. I certainly believe he could have continued serving his customers with a take out only option, but I don't think that was his main motivation. He was trying to make some kind of statement and I'm glad that they shut him down and arrested him.

What I am even potentially more appalled about is the MPP that applauded him, Randy Hillier. Don't understand an MPP applauding someone in defying a provincial order.
    Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Almost had a shred of sympathy for him at first but did not appreciate his tactics. Later today learning that the restaurant was not a licensed business and was not being inspected by health inspectors like regular places with the “green” sign in the window?

Lost all sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
        Almost had a shred of sympathy for him at first but did not appreciate his tactics. Later today learning that the restaurant was not a licensed business and was not being inspected by health inspectors like regular places with the “green” sign in the window?

Lost all sympathy.
        Agreed.

Comment

Based on the assumed accuracy of the news items that I’ve read, I have no sympathy for the owner. His arrest appears to have been a necessity.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Plenty of sympathy for small business but none for this guy who has gone out of his way to be antagonistic.

There's a GoFundMe out there for his legal fees at almost $90K now.

#BBQAnon indeed

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
              Plenty of sympathy for small business but none for this guy who has gone out of his way to be antagonistic.

There's a GoFundMe out there for his legal fees at almost $90K now.

#BBQAnon indeed
              No one ever went broke underestimating the gullibility of the American(and now Canadian) people.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                #BBQAnon indeed
                Lots of problem here but he is cheating the small business around. Doesn't pay for business licence, insurance, no worry about Health Inspections . . . this way he can sell his food cheaper and scr3w the small business/restaurant around . . . no sympathy at all . . . who knows about GST number, like somebody said, CRA will be looking into this . . .
                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

So..... what was his goal in all this?

Just to bring attention to his restaurant?

Seems like a lot of risk (big fines, even jail time) to get some very mixed publicity.

I'd never heard of him, now I have and won't ever give him any business.

So. Much. Winning for him.....
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Bookmark this thread for when he runs for city councillor.

Comment

Originally posted by 73monte View Post
                      He sort of reminds me of Paul Magder opening his furrier business defying the Sunday shopping ban back in the 70's, only lives weren't at risk then.
                      I remember Paul Magder handling his situation with some dignity. Rather than aggressive anger.

Anti-maskers/deniers seem to be preternaturally angry.

Just the past couple of days.

A WalMart employee in BC attacked when asking someone to wear a mask.
                      RCMP arrested a man in Dawson Creek, B.C., Wednesday after reports that the Walmart customer assaulted a store employee who asked him to wear a face mask, which is both store policy and a provincial health order.

A hotel employee spat on when asking a customer to wear a mask.
                      An accountant for a Nelson, B.C., hotel had a heart attack and collapsed shortly after being spat on by an angry customer who refused to wear a mask, according to the hotel manager.

A grocery store having to hire security due to the behaviour of some anti-maskers.
                      Kootenay Co-op store manager Ari Derfel says some customers who refuse to cover up have spoken in a way so hurtful that some front-line staff members quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Lots of problem here but he is cheating the small business around. Doesn't pay for business licence, insurance, no worry about Health Inspections . . . this way he can sell his food cheaper and scr3w the small business/restaurant around . . . no sympathy at all . . . who knows about GST number, like somebody said, CRA will be looking into this . . .
                        Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
                          Bookmark this thread for when he runs for city councillor.
                          LOL.....

Comment

And no one has mentioned that he was operating his restaurant without a business license,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan I View Post
                              And no one has mentioned that he was operating his restaurant without a business license,
                              It was mentioned.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X