No announcement yet.
Collapse

Your Best Long/Short Term Stock Play

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also load up a whole bunch of NIO ahead of March sales report.

Comment

• Capstone mining has been my play in copper...used in EV.

Worth checking out.

Originally posted by trunckslammer1 View Post

I have made up my mind not to play in the energy market especially oil and gas. As for metals, looking at any that can be used for EV.

Also looking at semiconductors companies like TSM. As indicated in many reports there is a world wide shortage of computer chips.

For those who drink coffee using the single cup pods, should look into NEXE.V. They make compostable pods from plants. The Federal govt. just gave them $1 million. They have also just announced a compostable Face Mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
        Capstone mining has been my play in copper...used in EV.

Worth checking out.

Will keep this in my watch list. Thanks. Seems to be a long play rather then a short play. No more room in TFSA for long plays unless I trim some positions.

Comment

• Well it’s up over 10 times from its low earlier this year and something like 30% in the last month.

Are you only looking for day trading ideas? The real big wins in my experience tend to be in the winners that you can let run.

bladerunner

Will keep this in my watch list. Thanks. Seems to be a long play rather then a short play. No more room in TFSA for long plays unless I trim some positions.

Comment

Well it’s up over 10 times from its low earlier this year and something like 30% in the last month.

Are you only looking for day trading ideas? The real big wins in my experience tend to be in the winners that you can let run.

bladerunner

Are we looking at the same one - CS.TO - Dec. 31st - $2.38. Today's close $3.85.

I am happy to take any counter that will go 2X in 3 months, or even 6 months.

I may day trade but mostly swing trades.

Comment

• Sorry, I meant 52 week low of 34 cents back in late March 2020.

I did not mean to imply 10x in the last 7 weeks. That would really be something

Most financial websites will quote a “year low” as the lowest price of the stock in the past 52 weeks.

https://stockhouse.com/companies/quote?symbol=t.cs

bladerunner

Are we looking at the same one - CS.TO - Dec. 31st - $2.38. Today's close $3.85.

I am happy to take any counter that will go 2X in 3 months, or even 6 months.

I may day trade but mostly swing trades.

Comment

Sorry, I meant 52 week low of 34 cents back in late March 2020.

I did not mean to imply 10x in the last 7 weeks. That would really be something

Most financial websites will quote a “year low” as the lowest price of the stock in the past 52 weeks.

https://stockhouse.com/companies/quote?symbol=t.cs

bladerunner
                That would be really something. Most of the plays I have that are like this are in my TFSA.

NIO, followed since it was $3. Bought and sold. Finally settled at $12. for a long hold. Same as SQ, LSPD. I have WELL and BIGC all in my TFSA for long hold. Not trading. For EV Battery play in my TFSA I have ABML which I think is a better EV battery play.

No tax on gains play a big part in my decision making of hold or trade.

For those I trade in, it is, like I had been saying - it is GAMBLING - plain and simple. I have positions in GSAH and PSTH. Hoping for one of this to become another CCIV.

In my trading account, I win some and and lose some BIG, but as long as at the end of the year, I am up 20% I am quite happy. Plays for a lot of my frivolous expenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by trunckslammer1 View Post

That would be really something. Most of the plays I have that are like this are in my TFSA.

NIO, followed since it was $3. Bought and sold. Finally settled at $12. for a long hold. Same as SQ, LSPD. I have WELL and BIGC all in my TFSA for long hold. Not trading. For EV Battery play in my TFSA I have ABML which I think is a better EV battery play.

No tax on gains play a big part in my decision making of hold or trade.

For those I trade in, it is, like I had been saying - it is GAMBLING - plain and simple. I have positions in GSAH and PSTH. Hoping for one of this to become another CCIV.

In my trading account, I win some and and lose some BIG, but as long as at the end of the year, I am up 20% I am quite happy. Plays for a lot of my frivolous expenses.
                  Could have some interesting buying opportunities today if Nasdaq opens 1.50% down. Or buy some puts to start hedging.

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Could have some interesting buying opportunities today if Nasdaq opens 1.50% down. Or buy some puts to start hedging.
                    Will definitely be looking to buy especially with TSLA bringing the whole sector down. I expect this sector to be up 3/6 months from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by trunckslammer1 View Post

Will definitely be looking to buy especially with TSLA bringing the whole sector down. I expect this sector to be up 3/6 months from now.
                      I am waiting on MSFT, GOOGL, ZS, PANW, NET, and a few other semiconductor companies. Probably look at a 6 month PUT on QQQ as hedge. Sold my AVNW yesterday, but may buy it back if it backs off enough.

Comment

• Looks like rotation in to energy, base metals and ‘real economy’ stocks.

Playing right in to my hands.

bladerunner

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

I am waiting on MSFT, GOOGL, ZS, PANW, NET, and a few other semiconductor companies. Probably look at a 6 month PUT on QQQ as hedge. Sold my AVNW yesterday, but may buy it back if it backs off enough.
                          When I first starting to dabble in the market, NET and CRWD were one of my first holdings. Held them for close to 3 months. Made some money on NET but lose money on CRWD. Did not know too much about new IPO, lock in period for shares etc. Sold at around $30 and LOST money. See what it is today

Comment

• For those who actively trade inside their TFSA, word from a friend of mine who is owns a large accounting firm in Ottawa is CRA has hired more staff to audit this practice. They always have apparently, but the thresholds were pretty high. Sounds like they will are looking to tighten this up
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Looks like rotation in to energy, base metals and ‘real economy’ stocks.

Playing right in to my hands.

bladerunner

I agree. We are in the midst of a commodity upcycle. You can probably ride it for a year or two. I used to be in Capstone, but I switched to TKO, Copper Mtn, Lunding Mining, FM, and HBM. Nice thing is they are all starting to pay more dividends.

Comment

• WOW... thats a rough start to the day for the markets.
                                Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                                3W - Taylormade M4
                                5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                                4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                                Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                                Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                                Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays