Collapse

Your Best Long/Short Term Stock Play

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
    WOW... thats a rough start to the day for the markets.
    Its about to continue its fall.

Comment

• Disagree.

Key support for Nasdaq was just below 13k. It held...for today by the looks of it.

Powell going soft on inflation so continue to favour commodity stocks.

bladerunner

Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Its about to continue its fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
        Disagree.

Key support for Nasdaq was just below 13k. It held...for today by the looks of it.

Powell going soft on inflation so continue to favour commodity stocks.

bladerunner

I think commodity price uptick is contributing to inflation expectations. Its showing up in long rates. The Fed cannot do much to control the long rates. So equities continue to be pressured.

Comment

• I think your thesis is correct but your timing is early.

With the US economy opening and stimulus checks coming, there will be a boom before a fall later in the summer or early Fall.

If the Nasdaq retraces to close green today, it will really be off to the races.

bladerunner

I think commodity price uptick is contributing to inflation expectations. Its showing up in long rates. The Fed cannot do much to control the long rates. So equities continue to be pressured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
            For those who actively trade inside their TFSA, word from a friend of mine who is owns a large accounting firm in Ottawa is CRA has hired more staff to audit this practice. They always have apparently, but the thresholds were pretty high. Sounds like they will are looking to tighten this up
            stupid question but why would they care if this is after tax dollars? You can't claim losses in TFSA either.

I don't day trade so more just curious.
            Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
            NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
            Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
            Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
            Engage Wedges 125 wedge
            Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

I think your thesis is correct but your timing is early.

With the US economy opening and stimulus checks coming, there will be a boom before a fall later in the summer or early Fall.

If the Nasdaq retraces to close green today, it will really be off to the races.

bladerunner

I hope you are right. I want a few more kicks at the can. But I am watching the 10 year US Treasuries. The yield now is around 1.36%.

Comment

• Impressive strength with the Dow and SPX closing green. The Nasdaq tried but was unable.

Energy, metals etc nicely in the green.

bladerunner

I hope you are right. I want a few more kicks at the can. But I am watching the 10 year US Treasuries. The yield now is around 1.36%.

Comment

• Hope everybody was out of CCIV before it got hit yesterday.

The question everybody is asking is whether this is a warning sign about buying SPACs. Personally, I’m staying away and trying to stick with companies with improving earnings fundamentals that are under owned...not over owned.

bladerunner

Comment

Hope everybody was out of CCIV before it got hit yesterday.

The question everybody is asking is whether this is a warning sign about buying SPACs. Personally, I’m staying away and trying to stick with companies with improving earnings fundamentals that are under owned...not over owned.

bladerunner
                    I rode it out ;-). Oddly enough, totally expected it to drop but hoped it would rally. Selling it at 60 was a real thought that didn't get executed on - the valuation just seemed way to high for it to last post merger. Mostly wanted some Lucid long term so I guess that worked out ;-). Still up quite a lot for short term, just not 3X anymore.

P

Comment

Hope everybody was out of CCIV before it got hit yesterday.

bladerunner
                      Aside from energy, not sure there are that many underowned stock groups. Canadian banks are doing quite well with good dividend yields. There are good buys in gold and precious metals mining, but not sure about gold price.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusty88 View Post

stupid question but why would they care if this is after tax dollars? You can't claim losses in TFSA either.

I don't day trade so more just curious.
                        CRA can deem your TFSA a business if you're an active trader and do well then they will tax your gains. Not sure what the threshold is for gains and/or trades (never been an issue for me unfortunately) but there were guys with millions in their TFSA's and CRA didn't like it.

Comment

• Futures just turned red. Could be an interesting day.

Comment

• Yeah, I’m not sure about gold price either.

Energy sticks out as the most under owned to me but I still think one can extrapolate to metals and mining. Other groups that are ‘relatively’ under owned would be the opening play stocks....and even banks are likely relatively under owned.

Finally, I like lots of small caps as they can grow....CS.to (nice earnings) VNP.to (nice earnings and changing business for the better) etc...

I mean when people are throwing money at SPACs in the hope they buy something....then other sectors must be under owned?

bladerunner

Aside from energy, not sure there are that many underowned stock groups. Canadian banks are doing quite well with good dividend yields. There are good buys in gold and precious metals mining, but not sure about gold price.

Comment

• GME again......LOL
                              Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by xrox View Post
                                GME again......LOL
                                Everyone who got burned on round one hoping to start another run. It's like people stuck at the bottom of a money pyramid putting on a full court press to recruit new members.
                                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X