No announcement yet.
Collapse

2021 RAPTORS SEASON THREAD

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting frustrating. The 76ers were ready to get put away at least twice. We go for stretches at a time not moving. Kyle will turn it over or make stupid passes. Pascal can't finish. Freddie mostly absent. Like the hunger is missing. Everybody got paid right? I certainly hope Nurse has an answer. Johnson played well. Perhaps sit some of the name brand starters more? Not ready to call out the troops yet but god is this ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
      This is getting frustrating. The 76ers were ready to get put away at least twice. We go for stretches at a time not moving. Kyle will turn it over or make stupid passes. Pascal can't finish. Freddie mostly absent. Like the hunger is missing. Everybody got paid right? I certainly hope Nurse has an answer. Johnson played well. Perhaps sit some of the name brand starters more? Not ready to call out the troops yet but god is this ugly.
      They’re completely out of sync. From Nurse right down to... who, McCaw, Davis?. They have it in their brains that they’re away from their homes again this season. It sucks.
      EMTEE
      __________________________________________________ ____________________________

"It makes you realize that you're not only playing for the guys in the room with you now,
      but the guys who have been there before."
      (Jonathan Toews)

Titleist 910D3 9.5
      Titleist 913F 15*
      Titleist 913H 19*
      Titleist 910H 21*

Bridgestone J36 PC 5-PW Project X 5.0
      Titleist Vokey 52°-08- 56°-06, 60°-08
      Betti BB1

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
        Hopefully they can pull it together against the Knicks tonight. Things will get tense if they lose.

Comment

Well they sent a message to Pascal (good for both parties) and played again very choppy on offense, but see signs of life.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
            Well they sent a message to Pascal (good for both parties) and played again very choppy on offense, but see signs of life.
            I was surprised they benched Siakam for that, but it's the right thing to do. He was pretty frustrated and upstet with himself when he walked out, but.... you can't do that. I think it will make him and the team stronger to realize they have to be better than than.

Not a great game and it was the Knicks, but... a win is still a win. At last.

AND we won the 2nd half and 4th quarter for once.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

It’s back to the core group of Kyle, Fred and Norm, to make or break. Baynes and Bembry not doing much.

Comment

Solid win last night, not pretty but they got the job done. I applaud Nurse for benching Siakam under the circumstances, by doing that he sent a message that no one is above the team. Well done.

Comment

Surprise nobody mention Alex Len . . . he was solid when needed. 11 pts, couple of Reb and 1 block . . . very nice . . .
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I was surprised they benched Siakam for that, but it's the right thing to do. He was pretty frustrated and upstet with himself when he walked out, but.... you can't do that. I think it will make him and the team stronger to realize they have to be better than than.

Not a great game and it was the Knicks, but... a win is still a win. At last.

AND we won the 2nd half and 4th quarter for once.
                    When Siakam walked off the court after fouling out they did keep the camera on him until he was gone. I thought at the time it was pretty disrespectful to the rest of his team as there was still a chance to win for the Raptors. Thought maybe though this was one of those things kept behind closed doors and inside the circle. Guess not.

It does however serve as a point that if the Raptors are willing to (quite rightly) suspend Siakam for a game for his ill advised dissapearing act then how would they ever put up with Harden and his insistence on doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. Seems like the program Masai, Carpenter, and Nurse have in place in Toronto would be clearly at odds with a presence like Harden, even though all of his off court behaviour seems to somehow have no impact on his on court play.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

When Siakam walked off the court after fouling out they did keep the camera on him until he was gone. I thought at the time it was pretty disrespectful to the rest of his team as there was still a chance to win for the Raptors. Thought maybe though this was one of those things kept behind closed doors and inside the circle. Guess not.

It does however serve as a point that if the Raptors are willing to (quite rightly) suspend Siakam for a game for his ill advised dissapearing act then how would they ever put up with Harden and his insistence on doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. Seems like the program Masai, Carpenter, and Nurse have in place in Toronto would be clearly at odds with a presence like Harden, even though all of his off court behaviour seems to somehow have no impact on his on court play.
                      They were letting Kawhi pretty much do whatever he wanted regards to resting and practices. The team was ok with it because he was a superstar whom they wanted to impress and he performed like a superstar.

There is always leeway despite what's perceived as a strong culture. Another example is keeping Terrence Davis on the team despite his domestic violence incident...

Comment

Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post

They were letting Kawhi pretty much do whatever he wanted regards to resting and practices. The team was ok with it because he was a superstar whom they wanted to impress and he performed like a superstar.

There is always leeway despite what's perceived as a strong culture. Another example is keeping Terrence Davis on the team despite his domestic violence incident...
                        It’s a message to Pascal to shape up and step up to his role. His play in the first three games has been listless. Lots of mental lapses. Should expect more from your top player. Otherwise, it’s like a disease, spreads to the rest of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

I thought at the time there might be more to it. He is walking away and looking back wondering where the team personnel was . . . who has the key to open the door . . . I wonder if he sat in the hallway waiting for somebody to come . . . I have never seen a guy leaving by himself
                          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Glad they benched Pascal. Don't put up with BS like walking out. You think Rockets would every bench Harden?

I like that Nurse is reaching deep into the bench. But is it coaching smarts or desperation? Ya they beat the Knicks who went 3/36 from 3. My god that's worse than the Raps and on par with my own team lol. Barrett has to learn to shoot. Geez. Stunned that Len made those 3s. Baynes isn't giving them much and I think Boucher ultimately is a better 4 coming off the bench rather than a 5. They won't play him against bigger and more physical 5s like Embid, who must be happy Gasol is gone.

Being used to winning might be the hardest thing. But really this shouldn't be a surprise. After a super year with Kawhi and Green, the reality is they gave up Dero and Poeltl, and Gasol and Ibaka are also gone. That's a lot to make up for when you are at the end of the draft and kept the financial cupboard bare for the possibility of Giannis. I'm looking forward to see what Masai's plans are going forward. Not all of his moves are magic. I was in the Sabonis camp the year he drafted Poeltl. Dad was amazing.

Comment

Siakim led the team in turnovers and personal fouls yesterday. Unfortunately, this is the second game in a row in which he’s fouled out. If he doesn’t regain his confidence soon, he’ll see less and less court time. By contrast, Boucher appears more than willing to do what it takes to remain on the court.
                              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Siakim needs to get his head out of his a$$.

As he goes so do the Raptors. Can't have your #1 player putting up #'s like that.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X