2021 RAPTORS SEASON THREAD

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Can we get Jonas back?
    Could you imagine how much better the team would be. Jonas is playing very well for Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Is Boogie an upgrade over Baynes? Looking at his stats he may be, but we are seeing a better Baynes on defense.

Needs to make a little more an impact on offense.
      It's the gimmies around the basket. I don't understand how he misses flat out most of them. I suppose if I had an Embid or Giannis ready to swat me into oblivion I'd miss too. But the lack of touch for a vet stuns me. Doug Smith got super mad at a critic of Baynes on Twitter. At least he's not taking every wide open 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

It's the gimmies around the basket. I don't understand how he misses flat out most of them. I suppose if I had an Embid or Giannis ready to swat me into oblivion I'd miss too. But the lack of touch for a vet stuns me. Doug Smith got super mad at a critic of Baynes on Twitter. At least he's not taking every wide open 3.
        Yesterday . . . they were basically leaving him open and dare for him to shoot . . . they did the same with CB and he made them pay . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Yesterday . . . they were basically leaving him open and dare for him to shoot . . . they did the same with CB and he made them pay . . .
          And Baynes was 35% from 3 the last year on 4/gm and shot 48% (41% this year) averaging double the points in very much the same minutes (22 vs. 19).

Comment

• FVV with his off balance end of clock 3 pointer, has to be somewhat demoralizing for a team.

Play good D for a possession, give them nothing, shot clock about to expire, expecting to get out of the possession with no damage and WHAM!

You could see one of the Sixers on the replay, he had that are you Effing kidding me look.
            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
            Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
            Ping G400 4H - 22*
            Ping G400 5 - UW
            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

And Baynes was 35% from 3 the last year on 4/gm and shot 48% (41% this year) averaging double the points in very much the same minutes (22 vs. 19).
              Are you watching games . . . he is shooting 20% from 3 this year . . . 1 for 13 in the last 9 games . . . That is why the 76'ers were letting him shoot . . .

Comment

Are you watching games . . . he is shooting 20% from 3 this year . . . 1 for 13 in the last 9 games . . . That is why the 76'ers were letting him shoot . . .
                Oops forgot to say 20% this year. The point is if the Raptors ahd last year's Baynes (which is still possible) that would be a huge upgrade. It's not that he's 37, just having a terrible season. 11.5 pts/gm and 5.5 this year.... 6 points is a big difference.

Comment

He does not have a good shooting form. Almost like he is lunging forward when shooting 3's.

Comment

Oops forgot to say 20% this year. The point is if the Raptors ahd last year's Baynes (which is still possible) that would be a huge upgrade. It's not that he's 37, just having a terrible season. 11.5 pts/gm and 5.5 this year.... 6 points is a big difference.
                    Too many people in NBA got paid for having one or two good seasons of 3pt shooting and turned out to be an anomaly... I'm afraid Baynes is one of them.

(Which btw, is one shortcoming of the analytics approach)

Comment

• Meanwhile Stauskas is shooting 28% from 3. Not going to get him back in the league. 905 lost to Oshae Brissett's team today. He had 28.

Comment

• Embid goes 11/12 from the line. The whole Raptor team 11/13. The missed call on Norm was egregious. While I applaud Nurse going hard until the end, the game was essentially over and they play a surging Heat team tonight. Not a good move in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                          Embid goes 11/12 from the line. The whole Raptor team 11/13. The missed call on Norm was egregious. While I applaud Nurse going hard until the end, the game was essentially over and they play a surging Heat team tonight. Not a good move in my mind.
                          Just a hard game to watch. The phrase "Make or miss league" certainly apropo yesterday.

You would think on a back to back after the FT disparity Sunday, they'd be very careful yesterday to look address it, but no.

The foul on Powell easily could have been a Flagrant one too.... As was the elbow he gave Bembry Sunday, that was missed.

Another funny call was the inadvertent whistle at the end when OG went for the steal. I thought possession is inconsequential in those cases and that when incorrect it is a jump ball. Yes the game was for all intents and purposes over, but was only 6 at the time.

Comment

• As suspected they looked tired. Pascal especially. Maybe the reason he spent the 4th on the bench? Gee Nick perhaps ease off the night before? Miami plays more zone than man. Amazing. Bam and Butler were terrific. It does seem Stevens and Spoelstra out coach NN most games. We clearly need a better presence at the 5 spot. Still, Kyle played well and we are in the thick of it so all in all a nice bounce back from 2-8.

Comment

• Sign Donta Hall to a 10 day. The guy is a beast around the basket. Worth a look.

Last edited by nomullies; Feb 26, 2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Well . . . the Raptors will be without their Coaching Staff tonight and maybe for a few more games (covid precautions) . . . Webster will address the media at 5:45 . . . rumours are that Lowry might be player/Coach for tonight. 905 are also playing tonight . . . will be interesting to see . . .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X