/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Lockdown

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

    Maybe someday I’ll get all my guitars and basses together for a family photo.
    Post them here: https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...-guitar-photos

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
      Frisbee golf locations are allowed to be open, As are outdoor rinks.

      But not 'regular' golf. And ski hills are to remain closed.

      The government has released a number of power point slides explaining things. Sorry don't know how to post the pdf to here.
      Actually Chedoke Martin course in Hamilton will continue to be open (regular greens and tees more or less) - fer yer exercise needs...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 68shark View Post
        Far as I can gather we can leave home to buy essential things, go to work, exercise. So why are non-essential stores open at all? It would appear that I can't go in to my Home Hardware, but nice to know I can order curbside pickup. Will a police officer be waiting to hand out tickets? Of course not, but this is part of the absurdity of this.

        And do Costco/Walmart have Ford pictures of him dealing drugs in Etobicoke? What else could explain their good fortune at being the only stores where you can go into and try on clothing and pick out other items, free from any and all in store competition? He should have stopped that cold. Either open up the little guys too or shut both down but for groceries. Pick one.

        Wouldn't cabinet and others have drafted all manner of contingency plans long ago and had months to iron out wrinkles? Just like we have disaster recovery plans in workplaces. You draft them, test them, challenge them, tweak them. And, after all that you hope you NEVER have to actually execute them. There should have been plans for curfews, stay at home, all manner of even more extreme measures, all worked out, reviewed for compliance with legislation (Charter etc.).

        Yesterday's head scratcher tells me that the Cabinet actually did work all weekend on this as Ford claimed, because nobody had planned properly for this day. Absurd to say this, but the announcement leads me to that sad conclusion.

        During WWII, factories converted from making cars and washing machines to making arms and other military necessities. My Mother worked at John Inglis doing just that. Why isn't every high tech domestic pharma (like Apotex) pivoting to making massive quantities of vaccine under license from one of the providers? And if the fed's need legislation to do that, get on with it. Now.
        Absurd is the operative word. I am not sure if anything has changed for me at all, other than LCBO being closed an hour earlier. Police and by-law officers seem to have new powers to stop, detain and racially profile, so that may be a concern.

        Ed Tubb in The Toronto Star may have the best explanation...

        https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...-response.html

        A 223-word timeline of Ontario’s COVID-19 response

        By Ed TubbToronto Star
        Wed., Jan. 13, 2021timer1 min. read

        First, the schools were shut. And then the border was closed. But the airport stayed open (and we went on March break.)
        Ontario declared a state of emergency. The city closed High Park for the cherry blossoms. We lined up outside grocery stores — without masks, then with them.
        The premier said “anyone who feels they need a test will be able to get a test.” Then it was appointment-only.
        There was Stage 1, 2 and 3. Then “modified stage 2.” After that: a colour-coded framework. Then a new version. Grey was worse than red.
        We all made social bubbles. We were told not to dine indoors — but you could.
        Then there was “a darker shade of grey,” which was also a “lockdown” — but for most of the province only after Boxing Day. The border was still closed, but you could fly to Cancun or wherever. Still can.
        Children were going to go back to school, despite the lockdown. Then they didn’t. Many will again soon. (Probably.)
        Now there’s a stay-at-home order. Only leave for essential reasons or you’ll get a ticketmaybe. But non-essential retail can open until 8 p.m. Work from home or else go to work, whichever. No cottage, unless it’s essential. Use your best judgment.
        The bubbles are no longer a thing. The colours are... still.... a thing?
        We think.
        Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced a provincewide stay-at-home order on Tuesday. His office later released an FAQ for journalists.
        Further details are expected to be announced Wednesday.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

          Absurd is the operative word. I am not sure if anything has changed for me at all, other than LCBO being closed an hour earlier. Police and by-law officers seem to have new powers to stop, detain and racially profile, so that may be a concern.

          Ed Tubb in The Toronto Star may have the best explanation...

          https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...-response.html

          A 223-word timeline of Ontario’s COVID-19 response

          By Ed TubbToronto Star
          Wed., Jan. 13, 2021timer1 min. read

          First, the schools were shut. And then the border was closed. But the airport stayed open (and we went on March break.)
          Ontario declared a state of emergency. The city closed High Park for the cherry blossoms. We lined up outside grocery stores — without masks, then with them.
          The premier said “anyone who feels they need a test will be able to get a test.” Then it was appointment-only.
          There was Stage 1, 2 and 3. Then “modified stage 2.” After that: a colour-coded framework. Then a new version. Grey was worse than red.
          We all made social bubbles. We were told not to dine indoors — but you could.
          Then there was “a darker shade of grey,” which was also a “lockdown” — but for most of the province only after Boxing Day. The border was still closed, but you could fly to Cancun or wherever. Still can.
          Children were going to go back to school, despite the lockdown. Then they didn’t. Many will again soon. (Probably.)
          Now there’s a stay-at-home order. Only leave for essential reasons or you’ll get a ticketmaybe. But non-essential retail can open until 8 p.m. Work from home or else go to work, whichever. No cottage, unless it’s essential. Use your best judgment.
          The bubbles are no longer a thing. The colours are... still.... a thing?
          We think.
          Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced a provincewide stay-at-home order on Tuesday. His office later released an FAQ for journalists.
          Further details are expected to be announced Wednesday.
          Sure hope the vaccines are effective.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

            Sure hope the vaccines are effective.
            It will sure seem they are when spring rolls around
            TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
            TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
            TM Speedblade 3 iron Accra proto
            TM M2 tour 4-pw Accra ICWT 95
            Callaway X-Forged 52, 56, 60 Pro Modus3 105
            Nike method MC3i

            Osprey Valley Century Club
            100 holes - May 2, 2016

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kimi View Post

              Actually Chedoke Martin course in Hamilton will continue to be open (regular greens and tees more or less) - fer yer exercise needs...
              Yes the original release that I received specified only frisbee golf. The correct list is below.

              Facilities for indoor or outdoor sports and recreational fitness activities
              • Closure of all indoor and outdoor sports and recreational fitness facilities except for:
                • Facilities operated or for the sole use of high performance athletes, including parasport athletes, and specified professional leagues (e.g., NHL, CFL, MLS, NBA) and
                • Facilities opened solely for specified purposes (e.g. child care)
              • Community centres and multi-purpose facilities (e.g., YMCA) allowed to be open for permitted activities (e.g., child care services, mental health and addiction support services [limited to 10 people maximum], social services)
              • All subject to conditions
              Outdoor recreational amenities
              No person is permitted to use an indoor or outdoor recreational amenity that is required to be closed
              • Outdoor recreational amenities permitted to open, subject to conditions, include (weather permitting):
                • Parks and recreational areas
                • Baseball diamonds
                • Batting cages
                • Soccer, football and sports fields
                • Tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts
                • Basketball courts
                • BMX parks
                • Skate parks
                • Golf courses and driving ranges
                • Frisbee golf locations
                • Cycling tracks and bike trails
                • Horse riding facilities
                • Shooting ranges, including those operated by rod and gun clubs
                • Ice rinks
                • Snowmobile, cross country, dogsledding, ice-skating and snow-shoe trails
                • Playgrounds
                • Portions of parks or recreational areas containing outdoor fitness equipment
                • Tobogganing hills and skating trails
              Refer to subsequent slide for public health and workplace safety measures.

              A permitted outdoor recreational amenity may only open if:
              • Any person who enters or uses the amenity maintains a physical distance of at least two metres from other person using the amenity (excluding members of the same household)
              • Team sports, or other sports or games where people may come within two metres of each other, are not practiced or played within the amenity
              • Any locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed, except to the extent they provide access to equipment storage, a washroom or a portion of the amenity that is used to provide first aid
              Ski hills are closed.
              https://www.ontario.ca/page/enhancin...ewide-shutdown

              Comment


              • NON-ESSENTIAL RETAILERS [ golf balls]

                after reading most of the newspapers analysis and the latest Province of Ontario website update of the latest LOCKDOWN it does appear that I can continue to sell golf balls via the shipping route and the curbside pickup method

                ONTARIO Website update

                " most stores can open for curbside pickup and delivery only ................". This mostly covers non-essential retailers as those considered essential such as food stores, pharmacies, big box stores that sell groceries and beer and liquor stores are allowed in store shoppers.

                CONFUSION

                There is nothing in the " stay at home rules" that says that you are legally permitted to be out to go to non-essential retailers in fact my interpretation is that you are violating the law to do so.

                WHAT DO YOU THINK ? Why can the government not issue updates that are not full of conflicting information?

                ==============
                For me this is a slow time of the year. Really it does not matter one iota if I sell one golf ball from now to the end of the lockdown. Most buyers who delay will purchase later.



                Comment


                • Well after Doug Fords "clear as mud" directives the tyranny starts. I think police and by-law officers can't wait to start issuing fines.

                  https://www.norfolktoday.ca/2021/01/...i6lWr5zJcpYy5k

                  Comment


                  • Makes me wonder how our kids school is continuing to offer in person classes for JK and SK. Lots of parents dropping off kids in the morning when I go there to pick up work for out 9 year old. She offers daycare so guess she’s taking advantage of a loophole. Begs the question.
                    Just because you can...does it mean you should?
                    Driver: yup..5 of those
                    3 Wood: 'bout 4
                    Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
                    Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
                    Wedges: Lots
                    Putter: A016836

                    Comment


                    • One thing different we see this time around is a lot of businesses we deal with that shut during the last "State of Emergency" are staying open. Outside of the obvious like restaurants, rinks, retail we're seeing a lotta companies keeping the doors open but utilizing safety protocols. Last emergency it was like Walking Dead traffic wise on the first day. I saw the same amount of traffic today as yesterday.

                      Comment


                      • So my kid has a paper route, I help him because the route isn't close to our house.

                        We typically do them up to 10:00pm, do we need to change our approach?
                        WITB

                        D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                        F: PING G25 16.5* R
                        H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                        I: 5 - GW
                        W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                        P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                        P: PING Sigma D66

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                          So my kid has a paper route, I help him because the route isn't close to our house.

                          We typically do them up to 10:00pm, do we need to change our approach?
                          No. There is no curfew.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by guitarman View Post
                            Well after Doug Fords "clear as mud" directives the tyranny starts. I think police and by-law officers can't wait to start issuing fines.

                            https://www.norfolktoday.ca/2021/01/...i6lWr5zJcpYy5k
                            I know some local police and don't get the impression that they are looking to write tickets. In general, dispersement is the goal and tickets only if people are blatant or if they ask them to leave a place and come back an hour later to find them still there etc. In short, I don't think it's a cash grab.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

                              No. There is no curfew.
                              I thought from 8pm to 7am you were supposed to stay home?
                              WITB

                              D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                              F: PING G25 16.5* R
                              H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                              I: 5 - GW
                              W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                              P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                              P: PING Sigma D66

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

                                I thought from 8pm to 7am you were supposed to stay home?
                                Most stores have to be closed from 8 PM until 5 AM so that most people don’t have a reason to go somewhere but there was no curfew.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Latest TGN Reviews


                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard


                                Working...
                                X