Collapse

Lockdown

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Man, I hope we have things a bit more under control by spring!
    There were 1/4 of a million new cases in the States yesterday.
    Spring!!!!
    Now that's funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarman View Post

No travelling the same way down an aisle and maintaining distance is not possible. Unless you're ok with waiting endlessly for morons who've parked their cart dead in the middle and want to sit browsing for 5 or 10 minutes. If you don't mind taking hours to get through a grocery store then it might work for you. For me I'm constantly going around. As is everyone else.
      Thats what those arrows are for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

There were 1/4 of a million new cases in the States yesterday.
        Spring!!!!
        Now that's funny.
        I mean numbers in Ontario back to what they were by late spring or summer last year. Enough that we can get back to open stores (with protocols) etc.
        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
        Srixon Star XV
        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

About 4 million of those are age 9 and under.

Another 4.7 million or so are over 70.

So at least you've got pretty good coverage of all the working age groups.

The app could and should work without a data plan, using wifi. I don't know if it does.

Smartphones are ubiquitous and are a simple and cost-effective means of implementing wide and confidential contact tracing. It's not "arrogance" to choose to use them, it would be "ignorance" not to. What's the alternative - build a new unique device for this?

@AD - are you telling me you haven't gotten the app? If not, why not? I thought you'd be at the top of the list of who would want it.
          My smartphone is provided by my employer. Due to a serious data breach (nothing to do with me) we are severely restricted as to what we can and cannot do with them and bound by an agreement which I unfortunately wrote up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

I mean numbers in Ontario back to what they were by late spring or summer last year. Enough that we can get back to open stores (with protocols) etc.
            Happy New Year to the U.S.A., they went over 20,000,000 cases. The worst is yet to come as well.
            Scary stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Happy New Year to the U.S.A., they went over 20,000,000 cases. The worst is yet to come as well.
              Scary stuff.
              it is amazing how many people on a US golf forum who steadfastly believe that those numbers completely false and are grossly inflated.

if anything those numbers underreport since Trump took over the stats.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

My smartphone is provided by my employer. Due to a serious data breach (nothing to do with me) we are severely restricted as to what we can and cannot do with them and bound by an agreement which I unfortunately wrote up.
                You should talk to them about adding it. They should want their employees to be aware if they've been exposed, don't you think?

I believe you may know someone in HR?.....
                Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 1, 2021, 03:30 PM.
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

it is amazing how many people on a US golf forum who steadfastly believe that those numbers completely false and are grossly inflated.

Agreed 1000%
                  BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                  Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                  There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

You should talk to them about adding it. They should want their employees to be aware if they've been exposed, don't you think?

I believe you may know someone in HR?.....
                    Canadians clearly do not want contact tracing in any form (As indicated by the numbers of those who have downloaded the COVID app - It works as I can personally attest to it).

A co-worker of mine was tested positive after exposure from a teacher (), hence I was exposed, twice tested both tests coming back inconclusive, the second test re-tested to confim I was negative, as I was informed day 12 into my imposed quarantine (A lot of folks don't understand that if you're directly exposed, you are high-risk and regardless of sypmtomatic/asymptomatic you are quarantined).

The lack of some form of a contact tracing mandate is exactly why the justification of broad sweeping lockdowns. Frustrating as hell as the many are punished by the acts of the few...
                    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                    TM TP5 Golf Ball
                    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

The culture of the US is to question authority and the press, we on the other hand go to far to the other side and accept everything our press and politicians spew at us as fact. The amount of misleading headlines should be cause for concern but we sluff it off...

I don't agree with this, however in speaking with a friend who resides in VA (A former Canadian), the thinking amongst some is the people who are dying were either close to death, or would be dead within a couple years from underlying conditions, old age, etc. He argues the facts that the vast majority of deaths are those over 80 - I was surprised that Canadian stats are much higher in that age bracket, speaks to obesity and diabetes being key underlying conditions in the US...

The 'elephant in the room' is Americans are seemingly okay with the death rates as a tradeoff for personal freedoms. We Canadians (and most other countries in the world) are not willing to accept that personal freedoms override the health of the population.

The latter point is starting to show cracks however, in the form of protests, etc. Or those in certain provinces, cites, etc. are simply starting to 'silently protest' by gathering regardless, going on trips, etc. Even seemingly intellingent individuals like Rod Phillips are making ridiculous judgement calls by doing things you are clearly not supposed to do...

My personal opinion is broad lockdowns won't work anymore, yet we will continue to do this as without proper contact tracing what else are you supposed to do?

It will be so interesting to see what happens after Jan. 23 in Ontario If caseloads are the same, without material improvement what else can be done? But I guarantee we will see 'an additional 28 day' provincial lockdown thereafter as there is simply no other 'arrows in the quiver' the powers that be are willing (or able) to implement. Will we continue to accept this government 'action' in the absence of their inaction on rapid testing, contact tracing, etc? I suspect we will, publicly at least, with many not taking it seriously and insanity continuing to prevail...

Vaccine or not, it's going to be a long winter.

TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                      TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                      TM TP5 Golf Ball
                      Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

• Originally posted by LongLefty View Post

Based on size of the resort/hill could you not only sell so many lift tickets? Similar to how some courses implemented 10+min tee times to lower the traffic volumes.
                        Lakeridge is going to stay with the 10 min tee time gaps regardless now. Pre-covid they alternated 8 and 9 minutes. The slightly longer spacing actually increased pace of play so they didn’t even lose rounds out of it and the golfers enjoyed their round a lot more because you can play most of your round without ever waiting to hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Canadians clearly do not want contact tracing in any form (As indicated by the numbers of those who have downloaded the COVID app - It works as I can personally attest to it).

A co-worker of mine was tested positive after exposure from a teacher (), hence I was exposed, twice tested both tests coming back inconclusive, the second test re-tested to confim I was negative, as I was informed day 12 into my imposed quarantine (A lot of folks don't understand that if you're directly exposed, you are high-risk and regardless of sypmtomatic/asymptomatic you are quarantined).

The lack of some form of a contact tracing mandate is exactly why the justification of broad sweeping lockdowns. Frustrating as hell as the many are punished by the acts of the few...
                          I got tested on Monday due to some symptoms I experienced on Sunday only but were gone by the time my test appointment was on Monday. Anyway I’m supposed to self-isolate at home until I get results which I now fully expect to be negative. But as of 10 minutes ago no results available on the website yet and we’re headed into a weekend. I don’t expect any news until Monday now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

I got tested on Monday due to some symptoms I experienced on Sunday only but were gone by the time my test appointment was on Monday. Anyway I’m supposed to self-isolate at home until I get results which I now fully expect to be negative. But as of 10 minutes ago no results available on the website yet and we’re headed into a weekend. I don’t expect any news until Monday now.
                            Good luck Marty!

Because I work from home, surrounded by my family who all either work or school from the house, I was somewhat fatalistic if I did test positive, my family would have to be positive as well...

The only reason I cared about the test result was whether or not they would have to get tested as well as whether my mother-in-law would be allowed to visit as she does a few times a week.

The waiting for the tests, in my case the 2 I ended up taking was a test of patience for sure.

Funny, my friend who 'exposed' me had his wife and 2 kids tested after his positive test, and strangely enough their tests were negative.

Funny aside, there are 6 family members in my home, we are only supposed to have 5 people and my wife constantly volunteers to leave LOL!)
                            TM TP5 Golf Ball
                            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Good luck Marty!

Because I work from home, surrounded by my family who all either work or school from the house, I was somewhat fatalistic if I did test positive, my family would have to be positive as well...

The only reason I cared about the test result was whether or not they would have to get tested as well as whether my mother-in-law would be allowed to visit as she does a few times a week.

The waiting for the tests, in my case the 2 I ended up taking was a test of patience for sure.

Funny, my friend who 'exposed' me had his wife and 2 kids tested after his positive test, and strangely enough their tests were negative.

Funny aside, there are 6 family members in my home, we are only supposed to have 5 people and my wife constantly volunteers to leave LOL!)
                              I work from home and there are just 4 of us here. We are not seeing any other family until we get results, not even at a distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Lakeridge is going to stay with the 10 min tee time gaps regardless now. Pre-covid they alternated 8 and 9 minutes. The slightly longer spacing actually increased pace of play so they didn’t even lose rounds out of it and the golfers enjoyed their round a lot more because you can play most of your round without ever waiting to hit.
                                Other than the non-essential travel argument, golf course is a lot safer than ski hills, as there is a natural social distancing control of 4 people in a group. Once on a ski hill, its impossible to control.

Also when its -20 outside and the ski chalet is closed, meaning you have to put on all your boots etc outside, it aint fun anyway.
                                And no hot chocolate inside the warm chalet during breaks, no way !

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X