Collapse

Lockdown

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
    I heard Ford is doing a presser at 1 today to explain what yesterday's presser said...
    LOL. And then issue a press release to explain what the press conference meant.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I heard Ford is doing a presser at 1 today to explain what yesterday's presser said...
      He better do it before his Thurs/Fri teasers about next week's announcements.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• I heard there would be an 800lb gorilla present at today's press conference. It may or may not be taking questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype One View Post
          I heard there would be an 800lb gorilla present at today's press conference. It may or may not be taking questions.
          I know he is rather portly, but did not think he weighed 800 pounds

Comment

• Far as I can gather we can leave home to buy essential things, go to work, exercise. So why are non-essential stores open at all? It would appear that I can't go in to my Home Hardware, but nice to know I can order curbside pickup. Will a police officer be waiting to hand out tickets? Of course not, but this is part of the absurdity of this.

And do Costco/Walmart have Ford pictures of him dealing drugs in Etobicoke? What else could explain their good fortune at being the only stores where you can go into and try on clothing and pick out other items, free from any and all in store competition? He should have stopped that cold. Either open up the little guys too or shut both down but for groceries. Pick one.

Wouldn't cabinet and others have drafted all manner of contingency plans long ago and had months to iron out wrinkles? Just like we have disaster recovery plans in workplaces. You draft them, test them, challenge them, tweak them. And, after all that you hope you NEVER have to actually execute them. There should have been plans for curfews, stay at home, all manner of even more extreme measures, all worked out, reviewed for compliance with legislation (Charter etc.).

Yesterday's head scratcher tells me that the Cabinet actually did work all weekend on this as Ford claimed, because nobody had planned properly for this day. Absurd to say this, but the announcement leads me to that sad conclusion.

During WWII, factories converted from making cars and washing machines to making arms and other military necessities. My Mother worked at John Inglis doing just that. Why isn't every high tech domestic pharma (like Apotex) pivoting to making massive quantities of vaccine under license from one of the providers? And if the fed's need legislation to do that, get on with it. Now.

Comment

I heard there would be an 800lb gorilla present at today's press conference. It may or may not be taking questions.
              Have you noticed how Ford stands when others are speaking? Arms slightly bent with his knuckles facing the camera? Very gorilla-ish.

Srixon Star XV
              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Something that I can't wrap my head around with regards to what is essential and what is not. All of the hardware/Canadian Tire stores are closed but open for curbside pickup. I realized that one of my headlights was out. If I ordered from CT for a curbside pickup, the wait was estimated to be five days from date of purchase. Whether or not this would be the actual time it takes to fulfill cannot be determined as I walked into Walmart and bought a replacement with some groceries I needed.

If I had an issue with something in my house, something severe that I need to deal with, what would my options be for repair/replacement? If I need something right away to stop a leak for example. These things cannot wait four to five days, and not everyone has to rely on calling in a repair person, especially when I don't really want a stranger in my house. I know there's no right or wrong answer, and everyone considers different items essential. Just never understood how they've made their decisions.

Comment

Something that I can't wrap my head around with regards to what is essential and what is not. All of the hardware/Canadian Tire stores are closed but open for curbside pickup. I realized that one of my headlights was out. If I ordered from CT for a curbside pickup, the wait was estimated to be five days from date of purchase. Whether or not this would be the actual time it takes to fulfill cannot be determined as I walked into Walmart and bought a replacement with some groceries I needed.

If I had an issue with something in my house, something severe that I need to deal with, what would my options be for repair/replacement? If I need something right away to stop a leak for example. These things cannot wait four to five days, and not everyone has to rely on calling in a repair person, especially when I don't really want a stranger in my house. I know there's no right or wrong answer, and everyone considers different items essential. Just never understood how they've made their decisions.
                  I think a good is considered essential if it would cause damage to your home/property if left unattended. Don't quote me but I remember reading something about that. Obviously food, clothing, health would be essential as well.

Srixon Star XV
                  Ogio Grom bag

Comment

They issued a FAQ document - with this beauty in it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-7-56-23-AM.png
Views:	167
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	3302378

Comment

• Apparently going down to five, but same problem...

Click image for larger version

Name:	138529245_10164848913810464_7904428204849930388_o.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	3302447
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Guitar strings are essential for me. My guitars won't work with out them. I have 6 guitars so I need lots of strings. Music stores are an essential service. Since the government can't define it for me I've defined it for my self.
                        All joking aside my guitars do help with my mental health and does keep me inside more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Have you noticed how Ford stands when others are speaking? Arms slightly bent with his knuckles facing the camera? Very gorilla-ish.
                          Doug at the pressers.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarman View Post
                            Guitar strings are essential for me. My guitars won't work with out them. I have 6 guitars so I need lots of strings. Music stores are an essential service. Since the government can't define it for me I've defined it for my self.
                            All joking aside my guitars do help with my mental health and does keep me inside more.
                            Terry you still have those sweet KZG irons?
                            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Terry you still have those sweet KZG irons?
                              Yes I do. I love them. Still in great condition with the exception of the wedges which will soon need to be replaced maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarman View Post
                                Guitar strings are essential for me. My guitars won't work with out them. I have 6 guitars so I need lots of strings. Music stores are an essential service. Since the government can't define it for me I've defined it for my self.
                                Maybe someday I’ll get all my guitars and basses together for a family photo.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X